• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Kyoufu

Actually because of our performances in the EL (that you so mock) we've built up our rating(and gained valuable experience) and will get favourable draws and we'll be frequent participants in the CL knockout rounds for the foreseeable future.

I thought we already discussed this last season? Why are you bringing up the EL again?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I honestly don't know why some Liverpool fans are panicking. Again, a loss to Chelsea and City away from home is hardly an upset.

Suarez needs his Django.

-

@Rvy

the spider is actually quite easy and straightforward. You can simply use arrows/spells from all the way back.

Feorax

It's ok Feorax, FootyGAF is here :(

You only needed to look at the fixture list to see this was going to be a hard week for us. Getting three points from playing Spurs, City and Chelsea all away isn't great, but it isn't bad either. We will be stronger in the second half of the season for sure :)

From the entire top half of the table, we've played 7 out of the other 9 teams away.

Absolutely. I said before Xmas that anything we took from City/Chelsea away would be a bonus, and I stand by that.

The second half of the season will be a lot tougher than the first. The big teams have to come to Anfield (other than United), and the teams we go away to will mostly be down at the bottom fighting to stay up, so they won't have much of a choice but to go for it, leaving space for the likes of Coutinho and Suarez to do what they do best.

When you consider we have quality players to come back from injury, and are almost certain to strengthen in January, we have a lot to be positive about.

But no. Apparently Mignolet should be dropped, Rodgers should be sacked, amd we should never ever ever try and use a youth player in a PL match again, no matter how thin the squad is.

ATF487

Why does Rodgers hate Alberto so much? :(

Dunno. One of the downsides of being out of EL/capital one cup is that these kids aren't getting any game time even against lesser opposition. Personally I think Alberto has looked decent at times, and Aspas looked bright early in the season before he forgot how to play football.

Wonder why llori never makes the bench either...

faridmon

Didn't see the game today, just went on twitter to see whats happening and I'm absolutely devastated. Can't believe we're being relegated to league one in January, and I can't believe Brad Smith couldn't solve all of our defensive issues and perform better than Lahm on his debut. Needs to be taken out back and shot repeatedly, it's more than he deserves.

Rodgers out.

I fucking hate Liverpool "fans" sometimes...

You should read what Everton fans on forums are saying then.

Lets be honest, fans on the internet are absolutely bellends no matter who they support.

Salvadora

1483282_658173827559779_89338245_n.jpg
Per might be my favourite Arsenal player.

Palpable passion.

Fry

Absolutely. I said before Xmas that anything we took from City/Chelsea away would be a bonus, and I stand by that.

The second half of the season will be a lot tougher than the first. The big teams have to come to Anfield (other than United), and the teams we go away to will mostly be down at the bottom fighting to stay up, so they won't have much of a choice but to go for it, leaving space for the likes of Coutinho and Suarez to do what they do best.

When you consider we have quality players to come back from injury, and are almost certain to strengthen in January, we have a lot to be positive about.

But no. Apparently Mignolet should be dropped, Rodgers should be sacked, amd we should never ever ever try and use a youth player in a PL match again, no matter how thin the squad is.
I'm totally with you.

But man did these losses hurt.

------

What's this hooker shit from House of Cards? I'm not getting it.

TeddyBoy

I suppose it's how you view it, but I always prefer playing the bigger teams at Anfield, we're generally much more likely to win. There are no easy games in the premier league, but I'd rather play any of the relegation teams away than a champions league team away :p

Lol Mignolet has been great for us, I liked Rodgers from the beginning and I guess using ten men is better than bringing on an academy player.

We could do with a couple of signings in January to round out our squad and I think we will be fine.

Winger/AM
DM
FB

We have a winning squad, we don't need to bring in so many players, it would only destabilise the team. Just bring in two, like last January.

Clegg

Seamus Coleman cost just £50k.

Credit to Moyes for finding him and Martinez for improving him. He's the best RB in the league right now.

Hixx

I'm nearing the end of season 2 of Parks and Rec and I'm finally starting to really enjoy it. People said the first series was a bit naff and yeah, it was. Second series took quite a long time to get into too though, but I am glad I stuck it out now. Season 3 best be good, like, or I'll be miffed
KuGsj.gif

Sporting are truly our very own Liverpool:

- above average season due to no European matches
- chokes and bottles vs top opposition

couldn't even beat 10 men Porto.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
For all the Liverpool whinging they escaped an obvious penalty when Lucas fouled Hazard.

Eto'o should definitely have been sent off but a coward like Webb is never going to make a decision that early in the game.

Lightning

Banned
For all the Liverpool whinging they escaped an obvious penalty when Lucas fouled Hazard.

Eto'o should definitely have been sent off but a coward like Webb is never going to make a decision that early in the game.
Be brave Usho and who are your top 4 this season?

Tegris

Admittedly I haven't seen it since it happened, but Hazard was already going down and stuck his leg out to bring him into contact with Lucas. It's the sort of thing that Suarez used to do which led to his current reputation. Not a penalty IMO.

Carbonox

If you boys want a laugh, go read the My Little Pony thread. I cannot read it without breaking out in laughter because of the seriousness of the posts.

I just can't.

Clegg

Muppet season has started in earnest now.

MEN says United want Barkley and think £50m will be necessary to seal the deal.

They're only three points off fourth place.

We've got to prepare for the inevitable, Will ;_;

They're on a good run, won't last forever and out of the teams in contention for that 4th spot I'd fancy the opposing team.

Is it weird to see a Newcastle fan call Man Utd "United"?

No, Manchester United are United. Newcastle United are Newcastle, Newcastle United or The Toon. No one calls Newcastle 'United' ahha

Top Bottom