• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

kharma45

United won't make top 4

Just look at that table, look how close we are.

You know deep in your heart, your soul, that us cunts will do it.

Book it.

How can Pochettino still not speak English? It's been a year. I don't expect it to be perfect, but at least passable.

He can, just using a translator saves on any gaffes.

Bcr3l4sIQAAdWeZ.jpg

Schumacher will be fine

he will be fine

He'll pull through. He has to.

United have alot of tough games to come.

We have to go to Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton, Newcastle and Saints still.

And we have the CL and cup competitions too.

Advantage is definitely with Liverpool for the CL spots. As Yurt mentioned though, if RVP comes back in form he'll probably drag us over the line.

kharma45

Advantage is definitely with Liverpool for the CL spots. As Yurt mentioned though, if RVP comes back in form he'll probably drag us over the line.

It's important to have Carrick back too, we've missed him a lot.

K1LLER7

I see that we aren't linked with a CM, but instead its attacking players who play on the wings or behind the striker.

Someone start a ITK rumour on twitter.

Getting Jones back is key imo. We are so open defensively without him. Fergie knew.

Salvadora

Van Persie hasn't been the same this season.

Not even in terms of injuries, but he looks increasingly isolated and unable to meaningfully change the game for United. He undoubtedly still has that ability however.

Lightning

Banned

Depends if you can recruit anyone. If you can bring a couple in that will definitely help the workload.

Van Persie hasn't been the same this season.

Not even in terms of injuries, but he looks increasingly isolated and unable to meaningfully change the game for United. He undoubtedly still has that ability however.

He wasn't looking very good but he was clearly unfit and still scored 10 goals in something like 15 games for us - not too bad.

Depends if you can recruit anyone. If you can bring a couple in that will definitely help the workload.

Yep but there is no indication we will be signing anybody, sadly.

Scum

He wasn't looking very good but he was clearly unfit and still scored 10 goals in something like 15 games for us - not too bad.

Yep but there is no indication we will be signing anybody, sadly.

You can spend that Büttner money on someone, right?

kharma45

If Buttner goes and we can't get Baines in until the end of the season, dare I dream Fabio might get near to playing? Evra never gets injured though so probably not.

Reports that Lewandowski will earn ~€11m a year at Bayern. Add a nice signing fee and that's quite the deal for Lewy.

Seriously though, Bayern must be up there as the most expensive squad in football, even with all the sheik clubs and their crazy wages. They have 5 or 6 players earning €9m+ a year and players like Alaba, Boateng and Kroos who just signed a new contract/will sign it soon and got/will get quite the pay raise.

I mean, great for Bayern if they can't afford that. But seriously, stop comparing us to Bayern, we're happy to pay like half of that to our players at the moment.

Clegg

Tbh I don't know who United can sign in January who could demonstrably improve the team. Think we'll wait till Summer before signing a cm. Unfortunately, we may miss out on CL qualification if we don't sign one in Jan; adversely affecting our chances of signing top class players in Summer.

Scum

Saw a stat that all of Chelsea's strikers have got as many goals as Welbeck this season.

That's crazy.

#FreeMata

It'll be a loan, Scum.

zknS7MG.png

Tbh I don't know who United can sign in January who could demonstrably improve the team. Think we'll wait till Summer before signing a cm. Unfortunately, we may miss out on CL qualification if we don't sign one in Jan.

Sell Young to fund for a CM. Drop the wingplay.

L1NETT

Nice to see Ole say he doesn't want the Cardiff job, smart cookie.

Tan's a moron, it's gonna be a big name regardless of ability.

Sven for me then.

or a quick return for AVB!

Barzul

Tbh I'll take Morata on loan if it means we'll go all out for Diego Costa in the summer. Podolski and Walcott returning means the goal scoring load is more spread and Morata can do a job.

Lightning

Banned
Nice to see Ole say he doesn't want the Cardiff job, smart cookie.

Tan's a moron, it's gonna be a big name regardless of ability.

Sven for me then.

or a quick return for AVB!
Hopefully no one before we face Cardiff for the last time on the Wednesday. We need to batter Cardiff while saving our energy for the Spurs FA cup match.

Tbh I'll take Morata on loan if it means we'll go all out for Diego Costa in the summer. Podolski and Walcott returning means the goal scoring load is more spread and Morata can do a job.
Getting Morata would be fantastic for a 6mth loan. no way we can get a top striker in January but we need someone.

Elchele

Reports that Lewandowski will earn ~€11m a year at Bayern. Add a nice signing fee and that's quite the deal for Lewy.

Seriously though, Bayern must be up there as the most expensive squad in football, even with all the sheik clubs and their crazy wages. They have 5 or 6 players earning €9m+ a year and players like Alaba, Boateng and Kroos who just signed a new contract/will sign it soon and got/will get quite the pay raise.

I mean, great for Bayern if they can't afford that. But seriously, stop comparing us to Bayern, we're happy to pay like half of that to our players at the moment.

and I believe the salaries are still bellow the 50% of yearly earnings. pretty good.
Unlike Man City and oil shitty clubs.

Salvadora

I think we can do Spurs in the FA Cup fixture.

We have the psychological edge of being fired up if our last meeting was anything to go by. Intensity and greater desire will win on the day.

Lightning

Banned
I think we can do Spurs in the FA Cup fixture.

We have the psychological edge of being fired up if our last meeting was anything to go by. Intensity and greater desire will win on the day.
Ozil could be back for that one too. A nice and rested Ozil is always a good thing.

Never nice to have injuries but I would rather the fixtures we have though with injuries then the tougher February and March fixtures. Ozil slightly injured but it's not serious and Ozil at home watching the game he's also getting a rest. Good time for Ramsey as well, not the hardest games we play. Heard any news on Gibbs? Monreal and Vermaelen will be back for Cardiff as well after more sickness.

Hopefully Podolski gets some minutes against Cardiff. I would start him and rest Giroud bringing on Bendtner once Poldi got tired. against Cardiff.

Top Bottom