• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Kyoufu

It means stop chatting shit when you're a bandwagoner.

How exactly am I a bandwagoner? You guys are the ones chatting shit.

Must be a tough season being mid-table eh?

they shouldn't.

you of all people should know it.

look at Pardew last season and look now.

Look at Southampton last season and look now.

It's case-by-case. Clubs get scared and try to change things to stay in the PL.

bobito

Banned
That's how the majority of clubs operate.

Close to or at relegation zone is bad news for the manager. Look at Fulham, Sunderland etc.

Just seems like more football short-termism. Like the failure to invest in academies/youth players which Fulham and Sunderland coincidently are guilty of.

Clegg

Didn't watch football for years. Started getting interested again when Newcastle picked up. Fucked off for half a season when they were near the relegation zone.

The only joy you derive is from Manited struggling.

Kyoufu

Just seems like more football short-termism. Like the failure to invest in academies/youth players which Fulham and Sunderland coincidently are guilty of.

Exactly. I'm not saying it's the right decision, but I'm not surprised (yet you guys are).

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Clarke being sacked is fucking moronic, this will end up like Wolves when they sacked Mick. What the dick did the board expect when they swapped Lukaku for Anelka and Anichebe?

Look at Southampton last season and look now.

It's case-by-case. Clubs get scared and try to change things to stay in the PL.
Newcastle are mid-table too though. Koofoo pls

Kyoufu

Didn't watch football for years. Started getting interested again when Newcastle picked up. Fucked off for half a season when they were near the relegation zone.

I don't think you have any proof that I fucked off for half a season when we near the relegation zone. I posted in here every day last season.

This is a lot of shit coming from you guys and Wilbury isn't even here.

Fry

Posting on a forum or not posting doesn't mean he wasn't there for the club around tough times.

Milch pls, why would you ignore my previous post. I put all my enthusiasm in it

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=93664215&postcount=1458

he made an assist
I really missed it.

But honestly look at those ratings, they're shit. We were the better team yet our players are rated lower. It's like top teams must win for their players to get good ratings.

Edit: Just noticed they rated that shit keeper Grahl higher than Langerak looool

Did they even watch the game?

Clegg

I don't think you have any proof that I fucked off for half a season when we near the relegation zone. I posted in here every day last season.

This is a lot of shit coming from you guys and Wilbury isn't even here.
Koofoo.

You chat shit. You didn't post here at all after Newcastle's poor season. You stopped posting when Pardiola became the false prophet and you started abusing poor Indian boys.

Go away and think about what you've said about Steve Clarke.

Lightning

Banned
I think he did ok.
West Brom played decent football and made themselves a threat to anyone on the day. Bad patches come and go but he was doing a very good job given they are only West Brom. Since the Chelsea game they've had it a bit rough but this is madness.

who do you replace him with? They are only West Brom not a lot of pulling power for top managers as they are a mid table team, 7-11th positions and that's where they would have likely finished with Clarke. Also, trip to Cardiff hard place to go.

Kyoufu

Koofoo.

You chat shit. You didn't post here at all after Newcastle's poor season. You stopped posting when Pardiola became the false prophet and you started abusing poor Indian boys.

Go away and think about what you've said about Steve Clarke.

So not posting in this thread means I wasn't following football?

Right.

Tell me more, Clegg.

jesalr

Aww I liked Clark.

Brendan does mind games.

o66xD.gif

Speaking of backup strikers, Bendtner did a great job after coming on today. Even said that he'd see his contract run out at Arsenal rather than try to force a move in January.

The mind games won't work, but they just make my soul sad.

Moodmon

Neo Member
Being a Brom fan bit of history on this. Peace (our chairman) is a ruthless son of a bitch. He did the same thing with Di Matteo, who also was doing a decent job. Result? Get Hodgson in, do a lot better. So I am inclined to see how this pans out, despite not spending much cash he hasn't got a lot wrong football wise (then again, I'm comparing it to local chairman like the invisible Villa guy, the probably-banged-up-who-knows Blues one and the Wolves chairman who has been the physical version of the dog I don't know what I'm doing meme)

More importantly, Peace does not forget things. You don't cross him, you don't question his policies. Otherwise it will bite you on the ass. I cannot find a link, but just before window shut we had barely signed anyone. Clarke questions this in the press. Suddenly we get in Anichibe, Sessegnon, and Sinclair.

We have had a bad run, and Clarke currently has very noticeable toothprints in his buttocks. For what it is worth I do not agree, much like when RDM got the bullet. He made his own bed on this one though.

bobito

Banned
I don't think not posting is related to not following football.

When I am busy at work I keep watching football, but won't go on gaf.

Clegg

So not posting in this thread means I wasn't following football?

Right.

Tell me more, Clegg.
You said on more than one occasion that you stopped watching football for years which funnily enough coincided with Newcastle being rather average.

But fuck it. I'm not going down to your level. You chat shit about a horrendous football decision you deserve to get shit back.

Why the fuck am I arguing over the internet. I'm going to ly dow.

Yen

West Brom played decent football and made themselves a threat to anyone on the day. Bad patches come and go but he was doing a very good job given they are only West Brom. Since the Chelsea game they've had it a bit rough but this is madness.

who do you replace him with? They are only West Brom not a lot of pulling power for top managers as they are a mid table team, 7-11th positions and that's where they would have likely finished with Clarke. Also, trip to Cardiff hard place to go.

I don't dispute that sacking him is a bad decision, I just don't feel that he was overachieving or anything.

Brilliant to see Zeppelin on Spotify. Barely a mishit in their first 5 albums, and then the 6th, Physical Graffiti is great but a bit more out there.

Kyoufu

You said on more than one occasion that you stopped watching football for years which funnily enough coincided with Newcastle being rather average.

But fuck it. I'm not going down to your level. You chat shit about a horrendous football decision you deserve to get shit back.

lol, I stopped watching football after we finished 2nd in the league. I guess we were doing poorly eh.

You're grasping at straws. Sit down.

Clegg

lol, I stopped watching football after we finished 2nd in the league. I guess we were doing poorly eh.

You're grasping at straws. Sit down.
I've already said I'm not gonna argue more. You can come back and take potshots whenever United lose. That's all you ever do now.

Here comes the wagon.

faridmon

Being a Brom fan bit of history on this. Peace (our chairman) is a ruthless son of a bitch. He did the same thing with Di Matteo, who also was doing a decent job. Result? Get Hodgson in, do a lot better. So I am inclined to see how this pans out, despite not spending much cash he hasn't got a lot wrong football wise (then again, I'm comparing it to local chairman like the invisible Villa guy, the probably-banged-up-who-knows Blues one and the Wolves chairman who has been the physical version of the dog I don't know what I'm doing meme)

More importantly, Peace does not forget things. You don't cross him, you don't question his policies. Otherwise it will bite you on the ass. I cannot find a link, but just before window shut we had barely signed anyone. Clarke questions this in the press. Suddenly we get in Anichibe, Sessegnon, and Sinclair.

We have had a bad run, and Clarke currently has very noticeable toothprints in his buttocks. For what it is worth I do not agree, much like when RDM got the bullet. He made his own bed on this one though.

Nice to see a Brom fan's perspective. The thing is, you do have a solid foundation, but something isn't clicking at the moment. I honestly don't think its Peace problem that the players are underpreforming. So Clarke needs to be questions in terms of his motivational skills.

My favourite teacher in school used to be a Brom fan but he was always embarrassed to disclose his allegiance even though everyone in my school knew about it. perhaps its because the head teacher used to be a Villa fan.

Feorax

I feel bad for Steve Clarke, he deserved better. He did a great job there, and I still think he's the best defensive coach we've had in a long time.

faridmon

I don't think not posting is related to not following football.

When I am busy at work I keep watching football, but won't go on gaf.

No one is saying that. I barely post here, but some of users here are quite notorious in popping up in some situations that hardly seems appropriate.

Doicre for example.

Clegg

So now that you've realised you're talking shit you don't want to continue? Thank you.
No I'm saying an argument over the internet is pointless. You've clearly been chatting shit about Clarke. I think you're a bandwagoner. But really, there's nothing wrong with that. Just don't sound surprised when people call you out on your shit.

Kyoufu

I feel bad for Steve Clarke, he deserved better. He did a great job there, and I still think he's the best defensive coach we've had in a long time.

I feel bad for him too. They should have let him make some key signings in January because obviously losing Lukaku and replacing him with fucking 90 year old Anelka does not work.

No I'm saying an argument over the internet is pointless. You've clearly been chatting shit about Clarke. I think you're a bandwagoner. But really, there's nothing wrong with that. Just don't sound surprised when people call you out on your shit.

You've lost the plot completely. Where did I chat shit about Clarke? I merely pointed out that it should be no surprise to see a PL manager sacked for being so close to the drop zone.

faridmon

Yeah, Villareal you need to made Barca drop points to keep it tight because of how shit Madrid are and if you don't you're useless lemons.

Stupid Madrid fan.

I was proud of our team and our effort? How does that make me a sore loser? I congratulated City on their ruthless attacking. I just saw a few positives in our performance to take heart from and I maintain we put in a lot of effort into that but our team was simply too tired for such an open fast paced game.

sorry, but recently it seems to be very tense around here. Throwing tantrums around isn't gonna help anyone.

We didn't even lose looool

Isn't loser actually implying you lose?

Yeah, but that is beside the point. Banter is fine and all, but recently its been quite personal. You need take it down a notch.

and yes you did lose...

Top Bottom