• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Lightning

Banned
I hope Arsenal win the league too.

Would be good.

Won't happen though.
You never know. If we can dominate the teams outside the top 6 we will give ourselves a great shot at it. I rate our chances at Anfield and White Hart Lane.

Our record against the lower teams at the moment is exceptional so we need to maintain that. We could possibly be on 57points by the time we play Liverpool.

Elchele

Man, I don't know how Barcelona fans did it. There's nothing more boring than been a fan of the best team in the world, I mean... what's the point? You already won everything, you're the best, chances are you'll win 99% of the matches you play, you have a smug as coach, you can sign anyone you want.

I want to feel that agony of not knowing if we are even going to make it out of the group stage, winning an epic match in Old Trafford in the last minutes, having to promote youngsters because you don't have enough players in your squad, etc. That's football

You never know. If we can dominate the teams outside the top 6 we will give ourselves a great shot at it. I rate our chances at Anfield and White Hart Lane.

Our record against the lower teams at the moment is exceptional so we need to maintain that. We could possibly be on 57points by the time we play Liverpool.
Still think when the pressure comes you guys gonna fold.

Also don't see City making many mistakes here on in.

Who are you and what have you done with Vivalaraza?
We aren't going to win it so rather Arsenal than City or Chelsea, innit.

Man, I don't know how Barcelona fans did it. There's nothing more boring than been a fan of the best team in the world, I mean... what's the point? You already won everything, you're the best, chances are you'll win 99% of the matches you play, you have a smug as coach, you can sign anyone you want.

I want to feel that agony of not knowing if we are even going to make it out of the group stage, winning an epic match in Old Trafford in the last minutes, having to promote youngsters because you don't have enough players in your squad, etc. That's football

Then why do you support Bayern?

lol

Kyoufu

Elsk you should support Newcastle. Every game is like stepping into the unknown.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It's a slight dig when Viva 'doesn't mind' seeing you win the league. Think about it.

Man, I don't know how Barcelona fans did it. There's nothing more boring than been a fan of the best team in the world, I mean... what's the point?
So you can say stuff like "i don't know who you support, but am sure they're shit"

Zabojnik

Join us, we provide a very nice mixture of happiness and despair.

Lightning

Banned
Still think when the pressure comes you guys gonna fold.

Also don't see City making many mistakes here on in.

We aren't going to win it so rather Arsenal than City or Chelsea, innit.
Very possible. City still have hard games to play as well though. City have Arsenal, Everton, United, Spurs, Liverpool and Newcastle all away in the second half of the season. Have the league cup, fa cup, hard cl matches against Barcelona. Could cause things to wobble for City.

Chelsea not playing well but getting results and Mou knows how to grind results so they will be hard.

As long as we give it a good go I'll be happy. Our fa cup run matters though. I really want us to beat Spurs.

Buttner and Fryers

ibboldqHbPJgvv.gif

You will enjoy it regardless of view. Its amazing going to a world class stadium to see your team play. I had chills walking up and seeing the field for the first time vs Villareal. I sat front row too

Yeah, I'm excited!

Seriously though, I really think going to Santiago Barnabeu or Camp Nou would be my next goal. Even from videos they look fantastic.

what do you do in your job, viva? (is this sentence even right?)
I'm working in our Dep of Health on a parliamentary bill. Involves a few different things, mainly preparing MP's for debates and developing regulations/guidance for local governments to follow.

Probably doesn't make much sense, it's hard to explain. My mum doesn't even understand and I've told her at least 10 times lol.

And your question was fine :)

Elchele

I'm working in our Dep of Health on a parliamentary bill. Involves a few different things, mainly preparing MP's for debates and developing regulations/guidance for local governments to follow.

Probably doesn't make much sense, it's hard to explain. My mum doesn't even understand and I've told her at least 10 times lol.

And your question was fine :)

wow, that sounds very important. good for you!
tell her you play the piano in a cabaret

Scum

I hope to God that we see the back off all the old gits after the World Cup is over. Out with the old, in with the new.
And bollocks to work. I have to go in tomorrow too. Eugh. :-/

You're not a true fan unless you own your team's equivalent of this and use it for breakfast every day:

$(KGrHqV,!lcFI3wedvd,BSW!p766Sg~~60_35.JPG
My manager is a massive Celtic fan.

He wears a Celtic FC dress shirt with Celtic cuff links and has a Celtic bag and jacket.

Fuck knows what he wears to bed.

(pls no jokes)

Clegg

You coulda been one of us.

But you sold your soul.

At least you've got Laboured with you.
But you're able to sabotage ministerial portfolios for jokes.

I'll be contractually obliged to be an embittered, cynical bastard for the rest of my life.

Can't wait

tri_willy

last 2 liverpool results. i cri evriti3m...

its my fault! there has been a correlation of me going to the gym frequently and liverpool winning. i have not been for the past week due to xmas etc... i will return soon and we shall rise again!!!

i do not know why rodgers didnt play others like alberto etc. 2 consec big games was always going to be tough. lack of depth is really hurting us right now. shows we missed gerrard's set piece plays

Salazar

MEN just know that the big guns (Banned Paper, Mirror, Sky) are going to monopolise transfer bollocks very quickly. As a muppet attention-grabber, 50m for Barkley won't last.

I wouldn't put it past that prissy fuckwit Martinez ("Ross is an Everton icon") to ask for 50, but no chance.

Barzul

Man City have won only 3 away games. Thought it was more, their home form has been their biggest driving force. No points dropped at home.

Top Bottom