• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

If Webb didn;t think that was a penalty, why didn;t he book Suarez for diving? Eto'o had no reason to even be in the picture, so he couldn't have interpreted it a normal collision

Fry

Couple of observations from my Youtube scouting trip (lol) on Salah -

1. His pace seems electric, and he has it over a distance. Whether he'll be able to use it in the PL is another matter, but in theory, he could be a real force on the counter.

I think hell be ok, i hear the gravity levels are the same over there

I think hell be ok, i hear the gravity levels are the same over there

Christ, I hope you're being facetious.

Pace is a lot less useful in the PL than it is in leagues like the Dutch, Belgian and I assume Swiss leagues, if you don't have the brains to go with it

Different level obviously, but look at Sterling last season. Endlessly trying to push the ball past his fullback and sprint past, endlessly being muscled off the ball, or having the defender anticipate it and end up beating him to it anyway. Its only now that he's using his pace more off the ball that he's become a threat

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
If Webb didn;t think that was a penalty, why didn;t he book Suarez for diving? Eto'o had no reason to even be in the picture, so he couldn't have interpreted it a normal collision

Probably because Azpilicueta had already won the ball and carried it out of the box. It's a foul from Eto'o so it should be a penalty but it's the same kind of thing you see when a player gets a shot away only to be clattered from behind by a desperate defender. They never give them.

Carbonox

you think darkness is your ally, but you merely adopted the dark

i was born in it, moulded by it

i didn't see the light until I was already a man

by then it was nothing to me but blinding

tumblr_mlju2uDrI51rmyhabo1_500.gif

Laptop, desktop, smartphone. Good enough for me

I'd think about gettinhg a tablet if I was at university for the battery life,but got no need or even desire for one as it is

kharma45

TBF, it's fn' hard finding a laptop that's light, longish battery life and ~€300-400 for school. I got a crazy deal on a Samsung Windows laptop fortunately but I was long thinking hard on a Chromebook. It's well enough for school work if you're only gonna use it for that.

Might as well get a Windows RT convertible like the Surface, at least it can be used offline. Or the new wave of Bay Trial convertibles like the ASUS Transformer T100 with full Windows 8.1 on it.

Salvadora

Spurs going after Buttner would (continue to) raise serious questions about their player recruitment policy and everyone associated with transfers at that club.

He isn't good enough for top flight Football in England, let alone Spurs.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Spurs going after Buttner would (continue to) raise serious questions about their player recruitment policy and everyone associated with transfers at that club.

He isn't good enough for top flight Football in England, let alone Spurs.

We signed Zeki Fryers.

Also a bit rich coming from the team who signed Jenkinson and Santos.

Noted haha. Next time you say something fishy, expect a formal rebuke.

--

Safe standing has to come back? Please. Can we learn something from the Germans, they are doing quite well at the mo.
Not enough clubs want it enough, sadly.

It's gonna take a big lobby to bring it in.

One day, hopefully.

Salvadora

We signed Zeki Fryers.

Also a bit rich coming from the team who signed Jenkinson and Santos.
The difference between those players is: Buttner has been below Patrice Evra level guff in the English top flight.

The Corporal doesn't belong in the same sentence as Andre "Roberto Carlos" Santos as he's performed well, even against your club.

Elchele

Uli Hoeness: "2013 was a wonderful year from a financial point of view too, we can spend from 150 Million euros next summer without any debt, but we won't do this of course, our philosophy is different."

Holy shit, that can't be right.

bud

the 'SMS' pop ups are in German

whenever Kevin Spacey texts that skeleton girl, it's all in German.

the language is German

GERMAN

are you watching it on netflix or did your uncle who works as a janitor at netflix get you the first series on a usb stick?

it was all in english for me.

Fry

I'm currently watching Hannibal, House of Cards and MoS.

Out of the three, Hannibal is the one I have liked the least so far, but I'm only 4 episodes in, and they said it gets better..

Top Bottom