• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Meier

Best new show in ages. I want Gillian Anderson. I WANTS IT. And Will's colleague at the school. hnngh.
We started watching The Fall last night. First episode was pretty good. She's supposedly "bidialectal" but it just sounds a little fake to me.

Broadchurch was very good. Curious how the US remake with Tennant reprising his role will turn out. Top of the Lake is on the to-watch list.

wedward

Not really dude. Liverpool targets seem pretty hit and miss. Easier to pursue the kind of targets they are targeting as they are targeting squad players rather than outstanding proven quality that we require. The players we need are as a result much harder to get.

Right. If we wanted Salah we could get him. At this point we are in need of proven quality at striker and RB.

L1NETT

US remake? Those always end well :/

Southcliffe is also fucking amazing, highly recommend that. 2013 was a top year for British Drama, I loved The Fall myself. Luther and Black Mirror were the big names, but there has been tons of good stuff.

2014 also looks excellent. Legends (Sean Bean) should be a goodie. And that Eddie Marsan show.

Salah looks class whenever I've seen him. Gonna be a good signing for Liverpool.

Mental how they've gone from 0 good wide players to suddenly looking like they'll have quite a few.

Salvadora

Not really dude. Liverpool targets seem pretty hit and miss. Easier to pursue the kind of targets they are targeting as they are targeting squad players rather than outstanding proven quality that we require. The players we need are as a result much harder to get.

Right. If we wanted Salah we could get him. At this point we are in need of proven quality at striker and RB.
We dicked around with Higuain and Suarez in the summer when a more concerted effort could have landed one or the other.

We are on another level to Liverpool, sure, but it's not like every player Arsenal try to land is Ozil.

Salvadora

it's awful. the trailer, from what i remember, made it seem like a horror film.

the series is even worse.
the tv show gives away the ending of each episode in like, the first 30 seconds. Every time.

Would be sort of good if it didn't have reality tv trash trappings all over it.

Lightning

Banned
We dicked around with Higuain and Suarez in the summer when a more concerted effort could have landed one or the other.

We are on another level to Liverpool, sure, but it's not like every player Arsenal try to land is Ozil.
I'm not that sad we missed out on Higuain. He's not that much different from Giroud imo.

If you look at our squad we don't really require numbers, we require outstanding quality.

Goalkeepers - Szczesny, Flappy, Viviano

Defenders - Gibbs, Monreal, Vermaelen, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Sagna, Jenkenson

Midfielders - Rosciky, Cazorla, Chamberlain, Wilshere, Ramsey, Ozil, Arteta, Flamini,

Forwards - Walcott, Gnabry, Podolski, Bendtner, Giroud

That's basically our squad. We are not short on numbers we are short on quality both in defender and forward. You add outstanding talent to that, say Cavani and Kurt Zouma and that's a fucking good squad.

In other words we need a defender who is better than any defender we have and a forward who is better than anyone we have.

wedward

We put Higuain on the back burner because we thought Suarez might be available. That was the right decision. Suarez is much better than Higuain, no question.

Unfortunately we got jerked around by Suarez's camp and never really had a shot. Don't really know how you can blame Arsenal for that. It was a risk they had to take.

I don't think you can say that with a more converted effort we could have landed one because we really don't have much information on what was going on with Suarez.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Oh look, Paulinho's out for a month because that fat cunt Charlie Adam kicked his ankle in on Sunday.

As soon as I saw him warming up I knew he would take out one of our players. Such a twat.

Feorax

Oh look, Paulinho's out for a month because that fat cunt Charlie Adam kicked his ankle in on Sunday.

As soon as I saw him warming up I knew he would take out one of our players. Such a twat.

He has a thing for a Spurs players. Even in that pre-season friendly we had in the US before the 2012-13 season he was kicking the shit out of someone (might even have been Bale).

Lightning

Banned

Ohhh misses games against Man United, Arsenal, Man City and Swansea.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Ohhh misses games against Man United, Arsenal, Man City and Swansea.

Sandro will hopefully be back soon so it's not so bad. Sherwood has Capoue and Bentaleb as well.

A few papers say we are going to complain to the FA about Adam and the lack of action from officials when he attacks other players. I recall 3 horrendous fouls from him at WHL and only one resulted in a red card.

Sandro will hopefully be back soon so it's not so bad. Sherwood has Bentaleb as well.

A few papers say we are going to complain to the FA about Adam and the lack of action from officials when he attacks other players. I recall 3 horrendous fouls from him at WHL and only one resulted in a red card.

I remember when he stamped on Bale's foot. That was horrific.

Lightning

Banned
Sandro will hopefully be back soon so it's not so bad. Sherwood has Capoue and Bentaleb as well.

Sandro back this week because you play Arsenal and United this week?

Salvadora

Paulinho out is a big blow, Spurs are having a real injury crisis at the moment.
We put Higuain on the back burner because we thought Suarez might be available. That was the right decision. Suarez is much better than Higuain, no question.

Unfortunately we got jerked around by Suarez's camp and never really had a shot. Don't really know how you can blame Arsenal for that. It was a risk they had to take.

I don't think you can say that with a more converted effort we could have landed one because we really don't have much information on what was going on with Suarez.
By concerted effort I meant more money, earlier.

The first bid of what, £35m(?), only served only to rile Liverpool up. Suarez nonsense aside, the point is: Arsenal are not pursuing superstar calibre players all over the pitch. Notable exceptions aside, they shouldn't warrant highly complex deals. I mean, was Monreal in high demand for example.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
tumblr_mymdlcuLXE1s8z5rho1_250.gif

Ian Rush and Conte occupying the same space <3

I wish I was that bizarre looking trophy just for a moment

-

tumblr_mymes7cCFG1s8z5rho1_400.gif

That was clearly intentional

Hixx

Been rumoured since the day Poyet got the job but looks like we bid for Brighton's Bridcutt tonight.

Don't know much about him but plays in a role similar to Ki and Cattermole. So I can imagine they will be the preferred midfield 3. Bye-bye Larsson and Gardner...

Hixx

Poyet preparing for next season then

Pls you know as well as I do that we aren't going down and 2014 will see six more of your points back on Wearside.

Pls do not smash up your city again this time though, it is silly and unnecessary. And idiotic.

--

loooooool Pete Tong got an MBE.

"It's great to receive this honour for being a DJ. I'm proud that it acknowledges a profession that I care about a great deal, and one that's made a huge impact around the world... This wouldn't have happened without so many great tunes."

Yeeeeeeeees Pete.

Pls you know as well as I do that we aren't going down and 2014 will see six more of your points back on Wearside.

Pls do not smash up your city again this time though, it is silly and unnecessary. And idiotic.

--

loooooool Pete Tong got an MBE.

"It's great to receive this honour for being a DJ. I'm proud that it acknowledges a profession that I care about a great deal, and one that's made a huge impact around the world... This wouldn't have happened without so many great tunes."

Yeeeeeeeees Pete.

Naaa, you are. We will win at home, and actually getting beat at yours gave everyone a kick up the arse and started our season. So thanks Borini :)

L1NETT

Hi I'm Pete Tong and this is the new..

Ooop wait

Hi I'm Pete Tong MB bloody E and this is the new Avicii

When is it gonna be Sir Zane Lowe

wedward

Paulinho out is a big blow, Spurs are having a real injury crisis at the moment.

By concerted effort I meant more money, earlier.

The first bid of what, £35m(?), only served only to rile Liverpool up. Suarez nonsense aside, the point is: Arsenal are not pursuing superstar calibre players all over the pitch. Notable exceptions aside, they shouldn't warrant highly complex deals. I mean, was Monreal in high demand for example.

Was Monreal a complex deal? Nobody knew about it until Geoff Arsenal revealed it the day he was signed.

Top Bottom