• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Salvadora

Did you see Giroud coming out and saying he'd rather we didn't sign a striker, Lightning?
Was Monreal a complex deal? Nobody knew about it until Geoff Arsenal revealed it the day he was signed.
Wasn't the story this: the Monreal deal was agreed in advance for summer 2013 but Wenger brought it forward to January because of our immediate problems in that area? I remember reading that somewhere.

I can't imagine it was a complex deal because of Malaga's (bad) financial position

Lightning

Banned
Did you see Giroud coming out and saying he'd rather we didn't sign a striker, Lightning?

Wasn't the story this: the Monreal deal was agreed in advance for summer 2013 but Wenger brought it forward to January because of our immediate problems in that area? I remember reading that somewhere.

I can't imagine it was a complex deal because of Malaga's (bad) financial position
Yep I read that and Giroud can go screw himself. Not good enough to lead our line and could do with a good kick up his ass.

Can't see Madrid loaning us a player while Spurs have a strategic partnership with them.

lol
Hahahaha. Madrid just absolutely screwed Spurs. So funny.

Plasma

Banned
@GeoffArsenal seems to think we're after a striker, defender and a keeper, would be very happy if we came out of the transfer window having strengthened those positions.

Salvadora

Can't blame him. What professional is going to say "Yes, I would love it if we signed someone in my position"
I don't blame him either for expressing that sentiment, especially in a world cup year.

But I thought it was a little strange when he listed our forward options specifically by name (leaving Bendtner out) and mentioning that he can rest without a new one coming in. Sounded like an appeal more than anything.

wedward

I don't blame him either for expressing that sentiment, in a world cup year nonetheless.

But I thought it was a little strange when he listed our forward options specifically by name (leaving Bendtner out) and mentioning that he can rest without a new one coming in. Sounded like an appeal more than anything.

I am sure it is. He knows Wenger is looking for someone who will send his ass to the bench. Hopefully it motivates him to start playing better.

Lightning

Banned
Can't blame him. What professional is going to say "Yes, I would love it if we signed someone in my position"
I can blame him He's being a selfish twat who is not putting the team first. What happens should he get injured? Suspended? And although he is a team player who holds up well and is unselfish on the field his finishing SUCKS. He should be on his knees thanking Arsene as Arsenal are the only top 16 club in European football stupid enough to have him not only leading their line 2 seasons in a row but the main striker without ANY competition.

Please Madrid loan us Morata.

Think he still is but Fabianski is off and Viviano has barely featured don't think we'll keep him.
Lots of rumors that Viviano is off back to Italy. We aren't going to play him.

Quite the belly on er'.

iyOKDTPwyS5Zt.png

wedward

He's being a selfish twat who is not putting the team first. .

Shut up. He was asked a question. He isn't part of the decision making process, so no, he isn't putting himself ahead of the team. What he said isn't going to hurt the team.

Stop overreacting all the damn time.

Lightning

Banned
Shut up. He was asked a question. He isn't part of the decision making process, so no, he isn't putting himself ahead of the team. What he said isn't going to hurt the team.

Stop overreacting all the damn time.
He should welcome competition to strive to be better. As it stands we cannot beat top teams and we can't win the pl with only Giroud as our main striker.

That's not overreacting, that's fact. Giroud is not good enough, that's another fact.

bud

Betjeman's poems are often humorous, and in broadcasting he exploited his bumbling and fogeyish image. His wryly comic verse is accessible and has attracted a great following for its satirical and observant grace. Auden said in his introduction to Slick But Not Streamlined, "so at home with the provincial gaslit towns, the seaside lodgings, the bicycle, the harmonium." His poetry is similarly redolent of time and place, continually seeking out intimations of the eternal in the manifestly ordinary. There are constant evocations of the physical chaff and clutter that accumulates in everyday life, the miscellanea of an England now gone but not beyond the reach of living memory.

this is a massive honour, sal.

i should stop posting now because it can only go downhill from here.

faridmon

Enjoy bending over and paying top whack for Baines when we repeatedly rebuff your approaches for Shaw.

Yes to both.

Honestly, I am less anxious of him leaving us, providing we get a lot of money for him. Oviedo have been doing a brilliant job in that place to a point that its a bit unfair for Baines to come back from injury and take his place just like that. Especially since he have been not so good against Southampton.

He is 29 as well, so if we get £20m, I will be over the moon!

I can blame him He's being a selfish twat who is not putting the team first. What happens should he get injured? Suspended? And although he is a team player who holds up well and is unselfish on the field his finishing SUCKS. He should be on his knees thanking Arsene as Arsenal are the only top 16 club in European football stupid enough to have him not only leading their line 2 seasons in a row but the main striker without ANY competition.

Hahaha, that some harsh words man!

I would really love him at Everton
que for us not being in the Top 16

Salazar

I was thinking specifically of his heavy-breathing preoccupation with endomorphs, Bud. Mountain-breasted tennis playing ladies, gigantic-thighed gardeners,

Clegg

LB will prove to be the same.

Also, shelling out £20m for Baines (29) isn't a good move imo.
You're right, it wouldn't be. Too expensive and we wouldn't be sure how long we'd get out of him before he starts declining as a player. However, he's the best LB in the league and undoubtedly much better than Evra. He'd be a good player to have in the short term while we look for a long term solution.

We're in a dodgy position atm. We don't want to be gouged by overinflated prices, but everyone knows we need to make some decent signings. Dunno what'll happen in Jan, but I'm not sure it's wise to spend big.

Lightning

Banned
Hahaha, that some harsh words man!

I would really love him at Everton
que for us not being in the Top 16
He's an okay player but he's a squad player. Even if he lead your line, after he missed sitters that caused you to lose to Liverpool and other key teams that would change.

I don't mind having him in our team but he needs competition and he needs to realize that. No other top 16 club in the world would have given him this chance, especially operating as a lone striker like he does with us with one of the best midfields behind him. Out of all our attacking players he is the weak link, along with the obvious Bendtner who clearly doesn't want to be here.

pulsemyne

Latest slice of comedy from Cardiff city owner Vincent Tan is that he wants only players with the number 8 in their dates of birth. Mental. Also apparently a swansea fan was hit with a brick around the time of the Aston Villa match. Police nicked the people involved.

Salvadora

LB will prove to be the same.

Also, shelling out £20m for Baines (29) isn't a good move imo.
You're right, it wouldn't be a good move. It would be a great move.

Suggesting that you remain with your current options over the best LB in the league is madness.

faridmon

Latest slice of comedy from Cardiff city owner Vincent Tan is that he wants only players with the number 8 in their dates of birth. Mental. Also apparently a swansea fan was hit with a brick around the time of the Aston Villa match. Police nicked the people involved.

At this point, he must approach a parody character created to destroy Cardiff City from inside.

K1LLER7

You're right, it wouldn't be.

We're in a dodgy position atm. We don't want to be gouged by overinflated prices, but everyone knows we need to make some decent signings. Dunno what'll happen in Jan, but I'm not sure it's wise to spend big.
True. Also, because it's a WC year, Moysey has a tough choice in either buying in Jan or risking the possibility of an even greater increase in price for some players after the WC.

kharma45

True. Also, because it's a WC year, Moysey has a tough choice in either buying in Jan or risking the possibility of an even greater increase in price for some players after the WC.

Or just get deals for the summer wrapped up before the WC like we did with Hernandez.

K1LLER7

You're right, it wouldn't be a good move. It would be a great move.

Suggesting that you remain with your current options over the best LB in the league is madness.
I think we should either invest in a younger LB or at least try Fabio.

I wouldn't want us to pay £20m for a 29 year old fullback even if he was the best LB in the league last season. I'd rather we spend that on Shaw.

Top Bottom