• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Great performance. Credit to Tim for being incredible naive/brave/stupid/whatever you want to call it and committing to attack for the whole game.

Only cup competitions left now for us. This was a must win and it was just the same old story. Players aren't good enough and Fergie and Gill have fucked Moyes over proper.

They have, but Moyes is making errors himself.

First 20 minutes was a good example, in control of the game but creating nothing.

That can't be right and it's happened a few times this season. We are too predictable and slow on the ball. Players we have should be better than 7th.

doicare

O good, another game where even tho United were the better team they lose. The season of who wins the league by dumb luck continues.
LAGMXKS.jpg

Only cup competitions left now for us. This was a must win and it was just the same old story. Players aren't good enough and Fergie and Gill have fucked Moyes over proper.

Moyes has fucked Moyes proper.

Frogson won the title with the same side.

K1LLER7

If Moyes wants that CL spot, he needs to do some business in this window. The emphasis on playing primarily on the wing and hoping Valencia can get a successful cross in needs to change. At the moment, we'll continue to drop points against the top teams

Fry

Yeah, but that's cause he's Frogson. Moyes obviously deserves a share of the blame but he hasn't been handed an ideal situation by any stretch.

So give him time. The same thing occurred with Brenton and look at him now.

noal

Banned
If Moyes wants that CL spot, he needs to do some business in this window. The emphasis on playing primarily on the wing and hoping Valencia can get a successful cross in needs to change. At the moment, we'll continue to drop points against the top teams

I was just going to post the exact same thing.
We can't afford to wait until summer. We need a couple of players now just to try and get us in the Champions League.

The league is well gone for us but we definitely need to finish top 4.

Our defence is just as much of an issue as everything else right now.

It really is bad.

Just look at the goals we are conceding, shit is scary. There's an argument that our poor midfield invites pressure onto us but I'm not sure that applies for alot of the goal we concede.

GHG

O good, another game where even tho United were the better team they lose. The season of who wins the league by dumb luck continues.
LAGMXKS.jpg

Having just seen that game I can't say I agree despite what the stats might say. Tottenham were better in key areas of the pitch and we're better at key times of the game. That's where the game was won and lost. Stats like shots don't say much especially when your the home team and you're raiding the other team in the last 10 mins.

Tottenham were good value for their win today on the balance of play. If Soldado wasn't so wasteful at the end of the 1st half Man United would have gone in 2 goals down.

faridmon

So give him time. The same thing occured with Brenton and look at him now.

I am really sure you can compare Moyes with Brenton. I am not really sure about that!
Lets say that Moyes is given a loads of money and buy a proper CB, CM and ACM. Will he use them in a very positive way? You could see how he handled Kagawa and all.

kharma45

It really is bad.

Just look at the goals we are conceding, shit is scary. There's an argument that our poor midfield invites pressure onto us but I'm not sure that applies for alot of the goal we concede.

Teams know how bad Evra is, so many attacks down that flank that we can't repel.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Tim-Sherwood.jpg

Not sure how he's managing to do this...

We have good players and they are enjoying playing. Under AVB they played too rigid and nervous, they never looked relaxed and as a result the football was poor. Confidence is everything, the players must enjoy being out there.

doicare

It really is bad.

United's defence is bad this year because for the majority of the season it's been crippled by injuries. Today United were without Rafael and Jones, and Rio has had so many injuries he's now not good enough to play anymore.
I'm in tears from laughing I love it.
How am i wrong?

dc89

Last season City's "one of the worst title defences ever" saw us 7 points off first place.

United are 11 points off.

United's defence is bad this year because for the majority of the season it's been crippled by injuries. Today United were without Rafael and Jones, and Rio has had so many injuries he's now not good enough to play anymore.

How am i wrong?

Yep bet when you play 2 players at RB who aren't RB's...and we concede 2 goals because of it...well, that's on you.

Top Bottom