• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Elchele

Are you serious? lol

Utd needed someone who lived and breathed the philosophy of the club. Moyes was that person and Fergie always liked him. Van Gaal would have failed at Utd.

The jury is still out on Moyes. The fans and board will give him time to turn it around.

I'm talking about someone to rebuild the team, and LvG is the perfect one to do so. Specially with the lack of good players in their first team.

What's the philosophy of the club? Play more strikers than midfielders?

LvG would get rid of dead weight and promote a lot of the youth talent, and sign a couple of good players. Implant the possession game style, etc. Surely it wouldn't last more than 2 season with him in charge, but he would rebuild the team in that time.

doicare

boy oh boy have i got the solution for your dull defective defense

1376729583_extras_noticia_foton_7_1.jpg
Thanks but Jones and Rafael are better. Will take that Ronaldo kid tho.

Leg-End

Listen to yourself. He is injured. Do you know what that means? That means he can't be rubbish because he haven't played or played carrying an injury.

Or are you saying he have been more rubbish before joining Man United because that pretty pretty stupid statement to say...

Also I am commenting about Fellaini, not give a shit about your midfield.

I don't rate Fellaini, the small time he wasn't injured he played deeper than his time at Everton and didn't look anywhere near the pace. If thats the standard of midfielder Man Utd are going to settle for then good luck, he's a squad piece at best (in that position).

At Everton, Fellaini played further forward, he stood out because he used his height and strength to be a menace at set pieces and disrupt play, he was a complete handful and he worked in that system. Difference now is Man Utd have better players who already play that position, Rooney, Kagawa, Welbeck.

GHG

Why didn't Wenger put in any clever clauses into that contract is beyond me.

To bring him back you mean? Fuck that noise. Long term, him leaving has had the opposite effect on us. We struggled initially but there is no doubting that we've become a better team without him.

Moses just said Man United played well and hopefully if they should win games if they continue to play well. "Hopefully"... My goodness.

operon

Moyes is the right man for United. Used to surviving for years on a shoe string budget the Glazers can swim in all that lovely money Woodward is raking in instead of signing players.

Yeah, but that's cause he's Frogson. Moyes obviously deserves a share of the blame but he hasn't been handed an ideal situation by any stretch.

Do we really have the seventh best squad in the league? Aren't there other managers at clubs above us in a 'transition' situation? At some point, the excuses for a lack of tactical effectiveness begin to look weak. Everyone attributes the success to his man-management, rotation, et al. but I think Ferguson was underrated as a tactician and in the way he oversaw his coaching staff.

Scum

Are you serious? lol

Utd needed someone who lived and breathed the philosophy of the club. Moyes was that person and Fergie always liked him. Van Gaal would have failed at Utd.

The jury is still out on Moyes. The fans and board will give him time to turn it around.

I think Jupp is talking about van Gaal setting up the foundation for another manager to follow.

Baki

To bring him back you mean? Fuck that noise. Long term, him leaving has had the opposite effect on us. We struggled initially but there is no doubting that we've become a better team without him.

Moses just said Man United played well and hopefully if they should win games if they continue to play well. "Hopefully"... My goodness.

Not nevcessarily bring him back but get something out of United in the long run.

operon

All joking aside someone needs to sit him down and remind him who he's managing now. He is not at Everton now. hopefully ffs

Elchele

----------------- Neuer
Lahm --- Boateng --- Dante --- Alaba
----------------- Javi -------------------
------- Thiago --------- Kroos ---------
Robben -------- Lewa -------- Ribéry

Holy shit.

L1NETT

Only a cretin manager changes his transfer plan because of one game. To be fair to him, United weren't dominated round the pitch.

I'm sure he has his targets in mind, just a question if they can get them

Nothing wow about that quote at all

At all

Meier

Comparing Man City's achievements to any other teams is dumb. The money they have spent is fucking ridiculous.
City spent about £86m this summer after selling quite a few players and Balotelli in the spring. Cut about £30m in salary from outgoing players and all new signings are under £100k a week. Spent quite well really. Net spend compared to Arsenal in 2013 was probably only about £20m more.

Elchele

I think Jupp is talking about van Gaal setting up the foundation for another manager to follow.

yep. just like he did at Bayern.

City spent about £86m this summer after selling quite a few players and Balotelli in the spring. Cut about £30m in salary and all new players are under £100k a week. Spent quite well really. Net spend compared to Arsenal in 2013 was probably only about £20m more.

:lol it's nice just to look at one transfer market and not the massive disaster you have in your accounts from the last few years

Salvadora

Only a cretin manager changes his transfer plan because of one game. To be fair to him, United weren't dominated round the pitch.

I'm sure he has his targets in mind, just a question if they can get them

Nothing wow about that quote at all

At all
United didn't "deserve" to be behind is certainly questionable.

pulga

Banned

dont be dim lol

imagine if you had Ozil feeding RvP up front instead of that fucking donkey

you might even be CL contenders

pls understand

K1LLER7

Manchester United manager David Moyes: "The performance was really good. It was a stonewall penalty kick and sending off for the goalkeeper. I find it unbelievable that the referee doesn't give a penalty kick and a sending off.

"Then he goes and books Adnan Januzai for diving. I find it incredible. People who employ referees are going to have to look at that. Today we played well. We're not asking for anything, we're asking for the right thing. I don't know what's a penalty kick if that's not.

"I thought we defended really well, got done by a couple of counter-attacks today. The boys played well and we couldn't take the opportunities when they came along.

"All you can do is play well and hope you take the opportunities when they come. Their effort was terrific in trying to come back from 2-0 down. We didn't deserve to be behind. We'll keep trying to win the next game, that's all you can do. We're not necessarily looking at the league table."
Probably get fined.

Meier

Negredo looks like the signing of the summer, Ferna has been one of the best CMs in the prem, Navas is as good as any winger in the league. Demichelis has been solid cover. Jovetic is still a question mark, but City had a fantastic summer in terms of signings. No one would say otherwise.

FootballFan

----------------- Neuer
Lahm --- Boateng --- Dante --- Alaba
----------------- Javi -------------------
------- Thiago --------- Kroos ---------
Robben -------- Lewa -------- Ribéry

Holy shit.

Goatse, Shaq, Schweini, etc still on the bench too. :'(

Fry

Brentan pls.

Mata pls.

Chelsea pls.

Suarez - Django
Coutinho - Mata - Sterling
Henderson - Gerrard

DREAMYYYYYY

pulga

Banned
Manchester United manager David Moyes: "The performance was really good. It was a stonewall penalty kick and sending off for the goalkeeper. I find it unbelievable that the referee doesn't give a penalty kick and a sending off.

"Then he goes and books Adnan Januzai for diving. I find it incredible. People who employ referees are going to have to look at that. Today we played well. We're not asking for anything, we're asking for the right thing. I don't know what's a penalty kick if that's not.

"I thought we defended really well, got done by a couple of counter-attacks today. The boys played well and we couldn't take the opportunities when they came along.

"All you can do is play well and hope you take the opportunities when they come. Their effort was terrific in trying to come back from 2-0 down. We didn't deserve to be behind. We'll keep trying to win the next game, that's all you can do. We're not necessarily looking at the league table."

Probably get fined.

oh? pray tell what the bloody fuck are you looking at then you mesozoic primate? adnan's nascent pubes?

GHG

dont be dim lol

imagine if you had Ozil feeding RvP up front instead of that fucking donkey

you might even be CL contenders

pls understand

Don't underestimate how much RVP leaving effected Wenger. If RVP had stayed there is no way we would have bought Ozil. RVP's betrayal was the moment Wenger decided to say fuck it and join the big spenders.

L1NETT

Mata my son get out of there. You deserve better. Gonna be no end of suitors.

Think he will stay in England, settled and all that?

No idea who he will end up at. Can't see Arsenal at all, stickerbook mentality from their fans that one.

City...nah. United...doesn't strike me as a Moyes signing.

Everton loan confirmed :p

Randdalf

If Mata is available, I think it's more likely he'll go to Arsenal than Liverpool, I doubt he wants to move from London. That said, I'm not sure Chelsea would want to sell to a domestic rival and would rather let him go abroad.

Top Bottom