• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Scum

Go back to bed, justjohn. No need for it.

Our defence is just as much of an issue as everything else right now.

It really is bad.

Just look at the goals we are conceding, shit is scary. There's an argument that our poor midfield invites pressure onto us but I'm not sure that applies for alot of the goal we concede.

---------------- RvP ------- Rooney ------------
--------------------- Kagawa --------------------
----- New CM --- Carrick --- Fellaini -----
Fabio ------ Jones ----- Evans ------ Rafael

Labadal

Although I'm happy Man. United lost, it looked like Young should have had a penalty.

Poor refereeing like usual.

I wasn't very happy at the Meyler challenge on Suarez either. He got a real beating today.

pulga

Banned
United's defence is bad this year because for the majority of the season it's been crippled by injuries. Today United were without Rafael and Jones, and Rio has had so many injuries he's now not good enough to play anymore.

How am i wrong?

boy oh boy have i got the solution for your dull defective defense

1376729583_extras_noticia_foton_7_1.jpg

kharma45

Although I'm happy Man. United lost, it looked like Young should have had a penalty.

I wasn't very happy at the Meyler challenge on Suarez either. He got a real beating today.

The Young one I don't know if it was a penalty or not, leaning towards maybe not.

It wasn't a penalty IMO. Lloris did make contact and I don't think it was a dive but the ball had gone, Young wasn't getting it.

That said, not sure it matters cos Suarez wasn't getting the ball against Chelsea either...so maybe it is a pen.

I dunno.

Showaddy

We have good players and they are enjoying playing. Under AVB they played too rigid and nervous, they never looked relaxed and as a result the football was poor. Confidence is everything, the players must enjoy being out there.

Redknapp's probably had a point when he just let our good players go out and play their natural game.

Can't deny most of our team look miles better now they've got more freedom to play.

K1LLER7

It really is bad.

Just look at the goals we are conceding, shit is scary. There's an argument that our poor midfield invites pressure onto us but I'm not sure that applies for alot of the goal we concede.
The first goal was so soft. Evra out of position again and nobody covering. Defensively we've had a shocker this season and most teams are exploiting the LB area. For the 2nd, you could say Moyes gambled with Valencia as he isn't a RB and iirc he was caught out in a similar situation against Hull but De Gea saved his ass before he got a red.

We need a CM and a LB. I still think CM is the main issue. At times, Dembele and Lennon were just running through the middle without a challenge.

Splatt

It really is bad.

Your CBs are quality, but fullbacks are a problem. Evra is poop and you are plagued with injuries on the right side.

I think Utd can manage with Carrick/Fletcher/Fellaini/Cleverley midfield, they're good at recycling possesion.
Strikers all have that little bit of magic that allows them to pull something out of nothing, I'm sure RVP will, again, be carrying most of Utd on his back when he returns.

Just need to sort out the fullback situation in january.

Unfortunately, the media blame will go squarely on Moyes but the truth is this squad was reaching its expiry date when Rooney handed in that transfer request. He knew. RVP's signing was the exception, and aside from getting an ageing player, what have United managed in the transfer market in the last few years?

faridmon

And? My point was they haven't strengthened that area for years.

Listen to yourself. He is injured. Do you know what that means? That means he can't be rubbish because he haven't played or played carrying an injury.

Or are you saying he have been more rubbish before joining Man United because that pretty pretty stupid statement to say...

Also I am commenting about Fellaini, not give a shit about your midfield.

Salazar

Unfortunately, the media blame will go squarely on Moyes but the truth is this squad was reaching its expiry date when Rooney handed in that transfer request. He knew. RVP's signing was the exception, and aside from getting an ageing player, what have United managed in the transfer market in the last few years?

You act like buying a player and winning the league is not even a short-term positive.

operon

Rooney is playing well so he can leave, where else did he get the motivation certainly not Moyes. If he ended up at Arsenal I think that would be the best for the Lol's the kool aid that would be drunk

Scum

Your CBs are quality, but fullbacks are a problem. Evra is poop and you are plagued with injuries on the right side.

I think Utd can manage with Carrick/Fletcher/Fellaini/Cleverley midfield, they're good at recycling possesion.
Strikers all have that little bit of magic that allows them to pull something out of nothing, I'm sure RVP will, again, be carrying most of Utd on his back when he returns.

Just need to sort out the fullback situation in january.

Drop the wide play, get rid of Young and just play Fabio ahead of Evra. Spend the money on a creative MC instead.

Baki

Rooney is playing well so he can leave, where else did he get the motivation certainly not Moyes. If he ended up at Arsenal I think that would be the best for the Lol's the kool aid that would be drunk

Rooney at Arsenal. Yes please.

You act like buying a player and winning the league is not even a short-term positive.

Well, it's certainly a short-sighted view when you admit the league was piss poor last year, echoed only by the European performances of the top clubs. Several transfer windows have passed since Rooney expressed "concerns" about United's ability to compete in the market, and the only thing the club has for itself is RVP's signature, something that tellingly wouldn't happen today.

To be honest, Manchester United are the ones who could use Louis van Gaal the most
that team needs to reset from zero.

Are you serious? lol

Utd needed someone who lived and breathed the philosophy of the club. Moyes was that person and Fergie always liked him. Van Gaal would have failed at Utd.

The jury is still out on Moyes. The fans and board will give him time to turn it around.

Baki

Well, it's certainly a short-sighted view when you admit the league was piss poor last year, echoed only by the European performances of the top clubs. Several transfer windows have passed since Rooney expressed "concerns" about United's ability to compete in the market, and the only thing the club has for itself is RVP's signature, something that ironically wouldn't happen today.

Why didn't Wenger put in any clever clauses into that contract is beyond me.

pulga

Banned
Are you serious? lol

Utd needed someone who lived and breathed the philosophy of the club. Moyes was that person and Fergie always liked him. Van Gaal would have failed at Utd.

The jury is still out on Moyes. The fans and board will give him time to turn it around.

Can United afford keeping him around for the rest of the season though? Missing out on CL is going to hit their pockets, and most importantly, their ability to attract good players.

Top Bottom