• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Don't underestimate how much RVP leaving effected Wenger. If RVP had stayed there is no way we would have bought Ozil. RVP's betrayal was the moment Wenger decided to say fuck it and join the big spenders.
We've got a fucking mind reader over here :lol

Mata for Guarin and Ranocchia + 10mil

I am okay with that

Weird as fuck seeing players on the teams you support swap between one another.

Only one problem with this.

Why the fuck would Mata want to go and play for Inter?

FootballFan

Neymar---Messi---Alexis
--------------Mata-------------
------Iniesta-----Cesc------
-----------Octopus-----------
---Alba----Pique---Alves--
-------------Cunt----------------

Wow.

Fry

Out of all the clubs in the Prem, Mata makes more sense at Liverpool. And Brentan is Mous's friend, that could help.

But I don't think that'll happen.

Danchi

Could Atlético Madrid afford someone like Mata without selling Diego Costa?

I was gonna say they didn't spend much of the Falcao money, but I think a big chunk of that went to the agents. Do they have debts/new stadium plans?

Moyes is off his rocker with those comments. Even if you think that should have been a pen and a sending off, the incredible confidence he has in it is wild. It's not even a "from where I was sitting, it looked like a penalty" etc. Piss off Moyes, do you honestly thing Young was going to do anything with that ball there if there hadn't been any contact?

Also, RVP didn't "betray" anyone - these are professional footballers, not sexual partners. They play football, and in exchange they get money. It's only "betrayal" if you're enough of a goon to think he was at Arsenal for weird emotional reasons.

Elchele

Neymar---Messi---Alexis

yep, using the formation that made RM win the title. surely the best option
Tata won't change his formation

Salvadora

Wenger's decision to spend £40m+ on Ozil was more likely influenced by greater financial fluidity and his past pursuit of the player.

GHG, you make it sound like Arsene was a spurned lover :p

Labadal

The Young one I don't know if it was a penalty or not, leaning towards maybe not.
I didn't see a replay, but it looked like a pen live.

It wasn't a penalty IMO. Lloris did make contact and I don't think it was a dive but the ball had gone, Young wasn't getting it.

That said, not sure it matters cos Suarez wasn't getting the ball against Chelsea either...so maybe it is a pen.

I dunno.
I thought he touched him with his leg. It was stupid from the GK either way.

Disagree. Webb was spot on for that one, thought he was fine today. Was not even close to being a Pen.

I only saw the last ten minutes of the United - Spurs game, but the ref in ours was on crack or something.

faridmon

I don't rate Fellaini, the small time he wasn't injured he played deeper than his time at Everton and didn't look anywhere near the pace. If thats the standard of midfielder Man Utd are going to settle for then good luck, he's a squad piece at best (in that position).

At Everton, Fellaini played further forward, he stood out because he used his height and strength to be a menace at set pieces and disrupt play, he was a complete handful and he worked in that system. Difference now is Man Utd have better players who already play that position, Rooney, Kagawa, Welbeck.

Nope. His best position, and the reason why was brought at Everton, in the first place, was to be a defensive midfielder. He performed much better at the deeper role than when he was utilised as an attacking thread. In the latter years, Moyes had to change the system to a long ball strategy, and that is why he was more prominent as an attacking threat, not because of his ability (his ball control is close to none) but because of the change in tactics that revolved around lumping him the ball and let him dictate the midfield that way.
The reason he was played as an attacking midfield is because our poor attacking players in the midfield and in the forward position since Cahill became poor and eventually left us.We never had an attacking minded player and hence, Fillaini was moulded to be that player you know him now.
Now that Moyes is at Man United, he has an abundance number of forward players and hence using Fillaini at his proffered position which he was fantastic for us before he become lumping tree.
You don't rate Fillaini because of you ignorance and please can you just do a little research before lambasting him with your words. He may not be as pacey was Walcott, but he is a solid built player with immense ball control, great reader of the play and his break play is close to none.

Scum

Neymar---Messi---Alexis

Wow.

FF, pls. Might as well hand the title to Atl. Madrid.

Moyes is off his rocker with those comments. Even if you think that should have been a pen and a sending off, the incredible confidence he has in it is wild. It's not even a "from where I was sitting, it looked like a penalty" etc. Piss off Moyes, do you honestly thing Young was going to do anything with that ball there if there hadn't been any contact?

Also, RVP didn't "betray" anyone - these are professional footballers, not sexual partners. They play football, and in exchange they get money. It's only "betrayal" if you're enough of a goon to think he was at Arsenal for weird emotional reasons.

Sounds like a sexual partner to me.

Splatt

1549478_767608653253273_919271666_n.jpg

justjohn

Could Atlético Madrid afford someone like Mata without selling Diego Costa?

I was gonna say they didn't spend much of the Falcao money, but I think a big chunk of that went to the agents. Do they have debts/new stadium plans?
This is what I'm hoping. Mata would love to go back to Spain in a World Cup year and athletico will not be a downgrade from Chelsea. Meanwhile we get Costa and probably allow them to keep Courtois for at least another year.

Yeah of course. Keepers should be encouraged to come off their lines to take a player out with no fear of punishment. He got no where near the ball, studs were high and caught young with his hands too. I can't believe that people think that wasn't a penalty.

Splatt

Nope. His best position, and the reason why was brought at Everton, in the first place, was to be a defensive midfielder. He performed much better at the deeper role than when he was utilised as an attacking thread. In the latter years, Moyes had to change the system to a long ball strategy, and that is why he was more prominent as an attacking threat, not because of his ability (his ball control is close to none) but because of the change in tactics that revolved around lumping him the ball and let him dictate the midfield that way.
The reason he was played as an attacking midfield is because our poor attacking players in the midfield and in the forward position since Cahill became poor and eventually left us.We never had an attacking minded player and hence, Fillaini was moulded to be that player you know him now.
Now that Moyes is at Man United, he has an abundance number of forward players and hence using Fillaini at his proffered position which he was fantastic for us before he become lumping tree.
You don't rate Fillaini because of you ignorance and please can you just do a little research before lambasting him with your words. He may not be as pacey was Walcott, but he is a solid built player with immense ball control, great reader of the play and his break play is close to none.

what

Leg-End

I get it, you rate Fellaini and I don't. It doesn't make me ignorant because I don't rate him, Football is a game of opinions and you will find plenty who feel the same as me and I'm sure plenty that will share the same opinion as you.

Moyes clearly learnt from Fergie and is trying to divert attention away from our shite performance. Only very, very rarely did I see Fergie saying we were outplayed without referee shenanigans.

Wouldn't be surprised if Moyes is bringing out the old hairdryer behind the scenes.

Top Bottom