• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

I don't think there is a thread anywhere else on the internet that has more hyperbole in it than this one whenever United lose :lol

Edit: Unless some people are actually serious with what they're saying, in which case it would be even more hilarious :lol

Yeah of course. Keepers should be encouraged to come off their lines to take a player out with no fear of punishment. He got no where near the ball, studs were high and caught young with his hands too. I can't believe that people think that wasn't a penalty.

He really wasn't that far and Young wasn't properly in control of it either - they collided in pursuit of the same ball. And that's part of going through on goal, otherwise you'd just run straight at the goal keeper and collect your penalty when he obviously hits you.

In other news, Lloris is the king:

https://vine.co/v/hVI22MtiKLt

arkon

Losing to Burnley wasn't unexpected, given how they've been going. Still pleased with how the season has gone so far in terms of results and position. 10 points off relegation and a sniff of the playoffs. Top half of the table finish and another season to consolidate in the league would be nice. If only we still had Rhodes :(

pulga

Banned
Not only do they take your pride, glory and three points

but theyve also taken your booze

Mj4Zblu.png

P.S Lance, I saw from that OT thread that you are from Bradford

y u no Bantam

Family are big United fans and made me join the United cult the day I was born :p

I do keep up with Bradford though, and try to go see a game or two whenever I'm back, I've been to Valley Parade a couple of times over the Christmas period with my mate who's a big fan

dc89

Jose Mourinho on Mata:
"The club's door is open too, If you are asking do you want the club to sell him? I don't want to."

"The clubs door is open too"
"Door is open"
"Open"

GO TXIKI GO!

arkon

Did we at least create any chances?

Don't think I could stomach another game where we fluke a goal then do nothing after it.

The goal you scored was actually the best bit of play. Nice ball from Januzaj, good movement and lovely dinked finish from Welbeck.

He really wasn't that far and Young wasn't properly in control of it either - they collided in pursuit of the same ball. And that's part of going through on goal, otherwise you'd just run straight at the goal keeper and collect your penalty when he obviously hits you.

Now I just think that you didn't watch it. He came charging out and took the player out. That's a penalty any day of the week.
http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail...llides-with-ashley-young-news-photo/459976789

Jose Mourinho on Mata:
"The club's door is open too, If you are asking do you want the club to sell him? I don't want to."

"The clubs door is open too"
"Door is open"
"Open"

GO TXIKI GO!

I don't see how Mata would fit in City's team, unless you started playing with one striker instead of two

jesalr

Best keeper in the league!

That was a great performance considering we were missing Vertonghen, Kaboul, Sandro, Paulinho, Townsend and Ade (from kick off after the 2nd goal). That's an incredibly core set of players out injured, and we got 10 from the 12 available to Sherwoody.

pulga

Banned
guys has the ronaldo massage picture made it in here yet?

or arbeloa fingering his anus?

god i go away for a month and ronaldo has a pr nightmare

dc pls

faridmon

I get it, you rate Fellaini and I don't. It doesn't make me ignorant because I don't rate him, Football is a game of opinions and you will find plenty who feel the same as me and I'm sure plenty that will share the same opinion as you.

Opinion? Is it opinion that he have been the best important player for Everton, displaced teams on his own and carried the team to top 6-5 finish for seasons with his technical talent?

Is it opinion that Mata is a very good player? Or Barca might win the La Liga with such players?

Isn't there factual datas that back certain claims in football...

Leg-End

Opinion? Is it opinion that he have been the best important player for Everton, displaced teams on his own and carried the team to top 6-5 finish for seasons with his technical talent?

Is it opinion that Mata is a very good player? Or Barca might win the La Liga with such players?

Isn't there factual datas that back certain claims in football...

I don't even know what your point is anymore other than to continue to try and force me to somehow rate Fellaini because you told me so.

What does Mata or Barca even have to do with what we were talking about?

Clegg

Fuck it. I'll give the game a watch after Sherlock. Will bitch later on if needs be.

Welbz scored? At least one good thing came out of this game then.

Lightning

Banned
Best keeper in the league!

That was a great performance considering we were missing Vertonghen, Kaboul, Sandro, Paulinho, Townsend and Ade (from kick off after the 2nd goal). That's an incredibly core set of players out injured, and we got 10 from the 12 available to Sherwoody.
I hope Spurs and Sherwood are braced for their FA cup exit.

faridmon

I don't even know what your point is anymore other than to continue to try and force me to somehow rate Fellaini because you told me so.

What does Mata or Barca even have to do with what we were talking about?

I think my point is clear, not only do I rate him, the footballing world rate him and he costed you £27m. Saying he is rubbish is just quite a myopic statement.

Top Bottom