• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
yurt, what is this hilarity that juventus may consider offloading marchisio to balance the books??? apparently liverpool, chelsea and united were possible "interested" parties???
I don't see it.

If we're seriously trying to balance our books (for some reason) then we could always sell Vucinic, Quag, Padoin, Peluso, Motta, Pepe, Ashton Kutcher, Giovinco, Ciro Immobile, Zaza, Marrone, Gabbiadini or god forbid, Conte's lifetime supply of wigs.

Mastadon

Banned
I don't see it.

If we're seriously trying to balance our books (for some reason) then we could always sell Vucinic, Quag, Padoin, Peluso, Motta, Pepe, Ashton Kutcher, Giovinco, Ciro Immobile, Zaza, Marrone, Gabbiadini or god forbid, Conte's lifetime supply of wigs.

Or, you could just sell Marchiso to us instead. You know it makes sense!

tri_willy

you can google his name. can take news with a grain of salt, but cant see a home grown guy like himself wanting to leave.

other fellas wont make up much dent in the debt

As explained by Milan's very own director Umberto Gandini

The market pool for Italian clubs in the CL is 80m this year

50% is distributed according to the rankings of the teams in Serie A in the previous year:
-Juve get 50% (20m)
-Napoli 35% (14m)
-Milan 15% (6m)

The remaining 50% is disturbed according to the amount of games played in Europe:
-Milan 16m (% will increase if they go even further)
-Juve 12m
-Napoli 12m
(Milan 8/20 games, Juve 6/20, Napoli 6/20)

So in the end:
-Juve 32m (without EL)
-Napoli 26m
-Milan 22m

So basically we're only missing out on approximately 5m. Guess we don't have to sell Vidal and Pogba after all! -_-
So, let's say that we reach the quarter finals for some reason. In that case, we'd take money from both Napoli and Juve, right?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

dc89

As explained by Milan's very own director Umberto Gandini

The market pool for Italian clubs in the CL is 80m this year

50% is distributed according to the rankings of the teams in Serie A in the previous year:
-Juve get 50% (20m)
-Napoli 35% (14m)
-Milan 15% (6m)

The remaining 50% is disturbed according to the amount of games played in Europe:
-Milan 16m (% will increase if they go even further)
-Juve 12m
-Napoli 12m
(Milan 8/20 games, Juve 6/20, Napoli 6/20)

So in the end:
-Juve 32m (without EL)
-Napoli 26m
-Milan 22m

So basically we're only missing out on approximately 5m. Guess we don't have to sell Vidal and Pogba after all! -_-

Sell your soul to a Sheikh and never worry about this again.

Elchele

iG0nla9u7L8fl.gif

:lol thanks

Feorax

Rumoured team today:

Mignolet, Johnson, Skrtel, Sakho, Flanagan, Lucas, Allen, Henderson, Coutinho, Sterling and Suarez.

Expecting 4-3-3, but might be 4-2-2-2 with Sterling alongside Suarez to try and use his pace against Spurs higher line.

Fry

Rumoured team today:

Mignolet, Johnson, Skrtel, Sakho, Flanagan, Lucas, Allen, Henderson, Coutinho, Sterling and Suarez.

Expecting 4-3-3, but might be 4-2-2-2 with Sterling alongside Suarez to try and use his pace against Spurs higher line.
We can win with this team.

I believe!

kharma45

I finish in May 2014 and I'm aspiring to study History at Queen's. The tutors think I will have no difficulties, but I have my own doubts.

If you've any questions fire me a PM or whatever, my gf did that at Queen's alongside English and she's doing a History MA now.

I only chose Queen's because of the location, balls to UU and the travelling. Also, Queen's produces a special kind of pretentious student twat who is so proud to be there and who enjoy shitting all over UU. Which makes me laugh because from my experience the place is run at BMC levels of bad at times. At least the engineering and IT faculty. "We are exceptional", indeed..

And to think I was told by a friend's sister who came from one of the Scottish unis to Queen's to do her Masters that we're well run in comparison lol

If you've any questions fire me a PM or whatever, my gf did that at Queen's alongside English and she's doing a History MA now.

And to think I was told by a friend's sister who came from one of the Scottish unis to Queen's to do her Masters that we're well run in comparison lol
Hello kharma do you know when you're starting or on what project etc yet? When are you coming to London?

TeddyBoy

Rumoured team today:

I don't see us playing 4-2-2-2, I don't think Sterling is used to playing as a proper out and out striker. Our midfield is going to be pretty fluid with that central 3 though (if this is our team).

No Moses makes me happy, he really doesn't do enough on the field for me :/

Zabojnik

I don't see us selling Marchisio, even though it world make perfect sense to do so from a future-proofing point of view. Marchisio out, five years younger Nainggolan in, with Vidal and Pogba (+ Pirlo or whoever his replacement is going to be) as the default starting midfielders.

Manager

ieaGLxvG1JAKg.gif

A lot of comments about the assistant ref. Very common in City matches, happens often lately with the City defensive line being so high all the time. Has screwed City over a lot of times too with offside goals, like against Aston Villa and Bayern. Arsenal got a bunch of calls in favour too that seemed to be offside (few replays shown since none materialized in a chance), specially in the first half. Walcott's second was a very close call to be off too:

jQxKX9ADRgOW3.jpg

Demichelis a bit off from the rest of the defense, hopefully he'll get better with more matches coming up. Great match from Fernandinho, really hope he gets to go to World Cup.

Yen

I don't see us playing 4-2-2-2, I don't think Sterling is used to playing as a proper out and out striker.
/
I think it would be like the Barca of a few years ago - Suarez as the false 9, with Sterling as the furthest player forward, cutting in from out wide, like Pedro used to.

Plasma

Banned
A lot of comments about the assistant ref. Very common in City matches, happens often lately with the City defensive line being so high all the time. Has screwed City over a lot of times too with offside goals, like against Aston Villa and Bayern. Arsenal got a bunch of calls in favour too that seemed to be offside (few replays shown since none materialized in a chance), specially in the first half. Walcott's second was a very close call to be off too

The crowd got on the assistants back after those first few decisions and he let them make the rest of them for him, it was very poor but its the level of officiating I've come to expect in the past few years. It isn't just us it happens to its everyone in the league, the officials just aren't good enough and the FA should be doing more about it to prepare them.

kharma45

I'll be honest

If I knew some monkey-faced git from the Mirror, I would feed him false infos

He's been right with his recent ones to be fair.

Hello kharma do you know when you're starting or on what project etc yet? When are you coming to London?

All I know is March, I'm yet to get my actual start date. I've been invited to a get-together at the office though in about 4 weeks time so hopefully I'll find out more then.

As for London, goodness only knows. I think the first 12 weeks are spent here in Belfast training before we move on to any client based stuff but I've lost the web page where I got all the information on the Belfast grad scheme.

Darth Sonik

we need more FPS games
Well I'm nervous about Sterling, he has been struggling to produce any end product this season. He did play slightly better last week & I hope getting a goal will improve his confidence. He should be an outlet though when we are put under pressure, and should get us some set pieces as well.

I guess he will offer more away from home, when we have less of the ball.

Manager

The crowd got on the assistants back after those first few decisions and he let them make the rest of them for him, it was very poor but its the level of officiating I've come to expect in the past few years. It isn't just us it happens to its everyone in the league, the officials just aren't good enough and the FA should be doing more about it to prepare them.

Yep, the City players were waiving around early too. Think they're pretty fed up with getting offside goals against them. They didn't show replays but I think they were right with the first ones early on. But people seem to include Giroud's "goal" as an offside goal, the City players stopped playing before that as well as the keeper.

Always been impressed with that new girl as an assistant, maybe they should start thinking about getting younger people there as assistants if the current ones can't do it good enough.

tri_willy

Well I'm nervous about Sterling, he has been struggling to produce any end product this season. He did play slightly better last week & I hope getting a goal will improve his confidence. He should be an outlet though when we are put under pressure, and should get us some set pieces as well.

I guess he will offer more away from home, when we have less of the ball.

when sterling can improve his decision making/make some decisive passes/finishing, he'll become a gun

kharma45

Villa are Guzan, Lowton, Clark, Baker, Luna, Westwood, El Ahmadi, Sylla, Albrighton, Agbonlahor, Benteke.

Fletcher back on the bench for United apparently.

Top Bottom