• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Linius

iG0nla9u7L8fl.gif

faridmon

What episode are you on?

I've caught up and have to wait for weekly releases. Hate having to wait.

The latest two Ep. are the ones I have yet to watch. Yeah, waiting sucks that why I am saviouring the last 3 episode after we break up for the holidays.

Its building up slowly but damn is Neferpitou a scare enemy to have with her aura being so great. I am really excited for Gon to take her on. I reckon Gon will learn a lot from fighting that enormous power.

The king is developing emotions, but its built up in a very contrived way, but again this is a shonen show, so...

K1LLER7

They are kids though, so they aren't as critical of bad acting as we are. The movie as whole sucked, yes. but the fights were actually quite amazing.

Common, Wallace and Gromit were quite fun when you are like 10. nowadays kids watch Horror movies and Chris Rock...
We were lucky to have Dragon Ball Z, (best) Pokemon, Dexter's Labarotary and more.

Blablurn is probably sleeping, so I might as well say it: Pacific Rim is shit. Not entertaining shit, just shit except for maybe ten good minutes.
Watching Wolverine and have to say it's slightly less shittier.

I finish in May 2014 and I'm aspiring to study History at Queen's. The tutors think I will have no difficulties, but I have my own doubts.
Assuming you're doing fine currently, which it sounds like you are, you'll probably be fine. The step up isn't really that big, at least I didn't feel it was. Also, I think being a bit older, having some experience of the world and hopefully being a bit more mature and not so easily distracted by drink and fanny certainly helps in terms of getting your head down and doing the work.

faridmon

We were lucky to have Dragon Ball Z, (best) Pokemon, Dexter's Labarotary and more.

Watching Wolverine and have to say it's slightly less shittier.

aye, we were lucky when we were growing up. I still can't bellieve they missed out on the Pokemon craze. I told them I actually felt bad for them Lol

Don't forget Biker Mice from March and Mask. Thundercats also aired during that time. Damn those were the days!

I enjoyed it except for the really shitty last part. Not mindblowingly great, but the setting and some shots were nice. Wasted potential though. It's not even close to the shittiness of Pacific "Hey, let's stop the action and have shitty characters say shitty lines instead of action for most of the movie" Rim.

Agreed. Pacific Rim's forced drama was some of the shittiest viewing I have experienced this year. I honestly don't know why people on GAF really like that movie.
Haven't watched Wolverine but the premise sounds dumb, going to Japan with some badly promised relationship over there was just ...

Salvadora

I am now watching Mick McCarthy monatages

What am I doing
I'm watching Ibrahimovic compilations.

He's never played for Arsenal and never will but the goals he scores are from a different planet. I wants it.
Assuming you're doing fine currently, which it sounds like you are, you'll probably be fine. The step up isn't really that big, at least I didn't feel it was. Also, I think being a bit older, having some experience of the world and hopefully being a bit more mature and not so easily distracted by drink and fanny certainly helps in terms of getting your head down and doing the work.
As long as I get the coursework in for this week, I'll be fine. Lots of work over the coming days and I'll be fine... hopefully :p

Meier

Nah.

We had a stonewall penalty turned down, a perfectly legitimate goal disallowed and around 3 incorrect offside calls.

What was this perfectly legitimate goal? When Bendtner was at least half a body offside? Or when Giroud was a step offside and then collected as the whistle blew and turned and shot after everyone had stopped playing (which should have been a yellow mind you)? Keep dreaming.

jesalr

Daily Mail reporting that Soldado's Wife has suffered a miscarriage. Would have been their third child.

Can't see him playing tomorrow.

Incredibly sad, but they're saying that he mentioned it himself and that it happened 2 weeks ago. He's played since, so doubt that would keep him out of the game tomorrow.
Sadly, as Soldado revealed, his wife, Rocío Millán, suffered a miscarriage recently. ‘A month ago she was pregnant but unfortunately she had a miscarriage and lost the baby two weeks ago,’ he said.
Soldado offered the fact quite naturally and freely.

That said, he likely won't play because AVB is a strange little man.

The amount I wish we had a player like King playing for us, or at least Vertonghen back in the middle. The way King dealt with tricky players by being incredibly well positioned and smart instead of outrageously quick (Walker) or a blood and guts style defender (Dawson) is exactly what I'd want for a defender, especially against Suarez. I don't think we would have lost 6-0 or anywhere near against City with him at the back.
I mean, just look at him absolutely handle Liverpool a few years back: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RryeJ5KzfIk

K1LLER7

The latest two Ep. are the ones I have yet to watch. Yeah, waiting sucks that why I am saviouring the last 3 episode after we break up for the holidays.

Its building up slowly but damn is Neferpitou a scare enemy to have with her aura being so great. I am really excited for Gon to take her on. I reckon Gon will learn a lot from fighting that enormous power.

The king is developing emotions, but its built up in a very contrived way, but again this is a shonen show, so...
I've loved the character development over the past few episodes. Felt it slowed down a little midway theough the arc, but introducing Kogumi and the King's storyline has been awsome. One of my favourite moments of this arc is the scene where the dude with the glasses breaks down after seeing the royal Guards aura.

This series is probably the best at making you like the villains. I want to see Hisoka again!

Just watched Class of 92.

Loved it, well made. Really funny, some great stories.

Fuck, what happened with that team was incredible. So lucky to have seen them win it all.

faridmon

I've loved the character development over the past few episodes. Felt it slowed down a little midway theough the arc, but introducing Kogumi and the King's storyline has been awsome. One of my favourite moments of this arc is the scene where the dude with the glasses breaks down after seeing the royal Guards aura.

This series is probably the best at making you like the villains. I want to see Hisoka again!

Aye, the character development in the series blows the water out of many of so called ''Mature'' Anime, every character is so human and believable that you can actually understand where that person is coming from, even the villains.
The story progression have been slow, yes, but its more tactical now, no one can afford to make any mistake and attack the enemy. so there is a lot of high tense moments that actually contribute to the larger scale of the danger that surrounds that worlds.

and the minions also have their own little version to add to the while thing. The Tiger dude is fairly interesting enemy to have, that is for sure. This Anime is bloody amazing, sucks to see it not finished...

Have you watched a classic called 12 Kingdoms? I am almost at the end and I have to say that I really have enjoyed its epic tale of Chinese version of the Lords of the Rings :p

faridmon

Aye, the character development in the series blows the water out of many of so called ''Mature'' Anime, every character is so human and believable that you can actually understand where that person is coming from, even the villains.
The story progression have been slow, yes, but its more tactical now, no one can afford to make any mistake and attack the enemy. so there is a lot of high tense moments that actually contribute to the larger scale of the danger that surrounds that worlds.

and the minions also have their own little version to add to the while thing. The Tiger dude is fairly interesting enemy to have, that is for sure. This Anime is bloody amazing, sucks to see it not finished...

Have you watched a classic called 12 Kingdoms? I am almost at the end and I have to say that I really have enjoyed its epic tale of Chinese version of the Lords of the Rings :p

The premise is dumb, but I thought it was a nice, grounded movie except for the really shitty last part. Could've been a lot better, but it's solid. I wouldn't exactly recommend it too much now in hindsight, even though I thought a lot better of it a while ago.

That last arc/part though is almost hilariously bad though. Way to ruin a movie. Oh, and the movie promised me Wolverine vs. ninjas but it was cut from the cinematic version. Also the plot made little sense in hindsight. I still enjoyed it though. Huh.
Yeah, I have lost interest in the Xmen fiction and this certainly does not interest me in the slightest especially with its premise, even if the movie was alright.

Its incredible how little I care of Super Heroes movies. The Amazing Spiderman 2 is the only one I am looking forward to.

Giggs is a great storyteller.

Giggs always surprises me when I hear him speak.

I expect him to be monotone and understated but he's the complete opposite. Maybe it's cos I don't remember the days before Fergie tied him down (lol).

Really want a proper academy player to come through now :(

Meier

WBA are 2 points off the drop zone and you guys are wondering why Clarke was sacked.

They're West Brom. You can't expect much more than 10th and they're only 4 points off that. They only bought 1 player this summer and 2 of their loanees have been injured and another guy they got on a free almost retired. I think you can blame him for a shit transfer window, but it's not like they're willing to spend (for whatever reason).

Giggs always surprises me when I hear him speak.

I expect him to be monotone and understated but he's the complete opposite. Maybe it's cos I don't remember the days before Fergie tied him down (lol).

Really want a proper academy player to come through now :(

I was talking about this a couple of weeks ago. I'm not sure if we'll see those types of talents any time soon. The 90 minute rule meant it would be a lot harder to replicate those types of players. Fergie realized it and put more resources into acquiring 16 year old foreign talents. That is why we had Rossi, Pique, Januzaj, Pogba, Da Silva twins, etc... Those types of talents are in the Giggs and Scholes bracket. As we all know, the 90 minute rule was done away with 2 seasons ago. Time will tell which direction the club will go in regards to youth.

The Iniesta link is bizarre.

A couple of months ago a certain MUFC fanzine reported that Iniesta's agent has been telling some journos that he wants a solid renewal on Iniesta's new Barca contract and that he wants to put pressure on Barca by linking him to other clubs, one of which would be United.

Thought it was hilarious at the time but seems like that might be what's happening.

And I bet Wooders and Moyes are fooling themselves into thinking they've got a shot.

I was talking about this a couple of weeks ago. I'm not sure if we'll see those types of talents any time soon. The 90 minute rule meant it would be a lot harder to replicate those types of players. Fergie realized it and put more resources into acquiring 16 year old foreign talents. That is why we had Rossi, Pique, Januzaj, Pogba, Da Silva twins, etc... Those types of talents are in the Giggs and Scholes bracket. As we all know, the 90 minute rule was done away with 2 seasons ago. Time will tell which direction the club will go in regards to youth.

There's certainly nobody there right now.

Have you been watching the u21s and academy at all. I've seen like 2 games this year :(

Will be interesting to see what Moyes decides to do with the youth set up.

Yen

Have you been watching the u21s and academy at all. I've seen like 2 games this year :(

I haven't really watched the Liverpool youths since the Sterling, Suso, Wisdom etc era, but Jordan Rossiter is a future GOAT

K1LLER7

Not seen 12 kingdoms. Will have a look at it.

United were set to have a bad season as soon as Moyes decided to let Bebe go.

Clegg

Basically every paper tomorrow says United will be spending in January. Buy when you read the content it basically says Moyes is prepared to wait until summer.

Yeah. You don't really have to watch the matches anymore. Corrigan uploads a player's performance after every game.

http://www.youtube.com/user/99corrigan1/videos

Pereira: Been playing as the number 10. Is really disappointing. He has solid performances, but on the whole rarely impacts a match in that role like Januzaj used to. I think he's much better deeper, but the coaches keep playing him in the number 10 role. I still have high hopes for him.

Pearson: Probably the most consistent player for the u19s. He can distribute and will battle, but is too reckless at times while defending and attacking. Not as impressive as Pogba. Hasn't got much playing for the u21s, but will start to.

Wilson: Has still scored, but less frequently than before. Has been more of a workhorse in the striker position as the team has been struggling to create anything. Just started playing with the u21s.

Janko: Guy is a tank at rb. He's already starting to play with the reserves, but has to play as a winger to make room for Varela. Has great pace and has immense potential. He needs to get better at working with the winger when doing 1-2s. I think he also needs to be tested more at reserve level, because his physical maturity could be making things too easy for him to the point that he might not develop his game intelligence. If he can develop how to better use his winger to make runs and release a through ball, we'll have an excellent player.

Goss: A carrick clone. He's shown that he can shoot from outside (not as good as Pogba) as well. He hasn't had a chance to play in midfield for the u19s as Pearson and Rothwell play there. He played at lb more often than midfield, but was mostly benched. I think he can be a late blossom.

Harrop: Consistent. English winger who can be a solid squad member in the future.

I think Janko has the best chance at making a first team debut.

Fintan

Basically every paper tomorrow says United will be spending in January. Buy when you read the content it basically says Moyes is prepared to wait until summer.

Your buying ability might be more limited if you don't qualify for CL though, so January investment makes sense to ensure that that doesn't happen. Although, United would probably still be a relatively attractive prospect in the Summer regardless.

Does it say anything about selling players in January?

Clegg

Your buying ability might be more limited if you don't qualify for CL though, so January investment makes sense to ensure that that doesn't happen. Although, United would probably still be a relatively attractive prospect in the Summer regardless.

Does it say anything about selling players in January?
Moyes says they'd be willing to sell certain players if the right bid came in. I'm assuming he means lads like Young and Anderson. No way we'll entertain bids for any first team regulars. Maybe Evra but that's it.

Meier

The Iniesta link is bizarre.

A couple of months ago a certain MUFC fanzine reported that Iniesta's agent has been telling some journos that he wants a solid renewal on Iniesta's new Barca contract and that he wants to put pressure on Barca by linking him to other clubs, one of which would be United.

Thought it was hilarious at the time but seems like that might be what's happening.

And I bet Wooders and Moyes are fooling themselves into thinking they've got a shot.

Iniesta wants to get something like €15m a year. Can't see a scenario where United stump the cash up for that salary, especially if they're about to offer Rooney a 4 year deal worth £50m. Definitely just agent/paper talk. Koke seems possible although he'd honestly be leaving a team that is in a better position right now if he did leave.

Carbonox

Only anime worth watching is Death Note. Once I finished that, I couldn't watch another show again and haven't either since. I feel complete as a result.

Koke is definitely possible, but not in January. He'll have to be bought in the summer. Atletico will offer CL football this year, which United can't as he's cup tied. Atletico is in a much better position to win the league and the CL this year. A title challenge from a club other than Real and Barca is rare. A chance to do it with his home club is something he probably values highly as well. Finally, he has a better chance at playing in the world cup should he excel in the league and CL with Atletico.

On the other hand, United can offer higher wages and more popularity. Atletico is also in financial trouble I think. It's more doable in the summer, but it's also more risky as a whole host of clubs will be lining up Koke in the summer too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2oWqCeBlVg

Ravel just glides across the pitch.

faridmon

I just got around to watching Death Note myself the other week. Pointless second half, still good though

Aye. Death Note is alright. It did something that wasn't done before, but as a result, taken itself seriously to a point of incredulous. The cat and mouse chase become so absurd that it totally destroyed any credibility it had.

Thee are certainly much better experience to have in the medium.

If you liked that level of Psychology (which wasn't much by the end of the day) You should check out Kaiji. A gamblers life told in a tense and impeccable way. Bloody amazing!

Only anime worth watching is Death Note. Once I finished that, I couldn't watch another show again and haven't either since. I feel complete as a result.

Lol

Oh come on, don't put yourself as low as that. You can certainly be more entertained.

Not seen 12 kingdoms. Will have a look at it.
Its certainly worth your time. If you enjiy the type of fantasy the Lord of The rings have to offer in terms of adventure and scope in a completely different setting, then totally go for it.
The worse thing about it is that there are 5 different chapters in the series and I would have loved one continues story from start to finish, but the stories that is told are quite fantastic by their own right.

12 Kingdoms is one of my favorite anime. Really fantastic on every level.. the art is flawless.

Eh... not quite. It definitely lost steam by the time it reached the end and the whole series became uglier as a result. Although, the Background art remeined amazing throughout, but technically, it usually suffered from what those kind of lengthy Animes usually suffer from and that is losing the production value over time to a point it just becomes bad, but to a point that it doesn't destroy the charm of it.

The monster design was fantastic throughout though aa well as the costume art for each character. They actually created an interesting and believable universe.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Tony Parks was named Goalkeeper Coach of the Year at the inaugural FA Licensed Coaches’ Club Awards last night.

Please remind Lloris how to catch a ball.

First time in a while I'm not optimisic about this fixture. We can definitely hurt them with our pace out wide and should be able to control the middle of the pitch, but we just don't have the defenders available to deal with Suarez adequately.

Salazar

First time in a while I'm not optimisic about this fixture. We can definitely hurt them with our pace out wide and should be able to control the middle of the pitch, but we just don't have the defenders available to deal with Suarez adequately.

I have visions of free kicks, multiple free kicks, outside your box - won by craftily not contesting headers with Dawson.

No idea how United line up.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
As explained by Milan's very own director Umberto Gandini

The market pool for Italian clubs in the CL is 80m this year

50% is distributed according to the rankings of the teams in Serie A in the previous year:
-Juve get 50% (20m)
-Napoli 35% (14m)
-Milan 15% (6m)

The remaining 50% is disturbed according to the amount of games played in Europe:
-Milan 16m (% will increase if they go even further)
-Juve 12m
-Napoli 12m
(Milan 8/20 games, Juve 6/20, Napoli 6/20)

So in the end:
-Juve 32m (without EL)
-Napoli 26m
-Milan 22m

So basically we're only missing out on approximately 5m. Guess we don't have to sell Vidal and Pogba after all! -_-

tri_willy

as much as i'd like to see arsenal win the league this season, mainly as a fuck you to rvp and some of the awesome plays they've created this season, im conflicted by salty cunts like lightning and therefore am starting to prefer even city to clinch the title.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
as much as i'd like to see arsenal win the league this season, mainly as a fuck you to rvp and some of the awesome plays they've created this season, im conflicted by salty cunts like lightning and therefore am starting to prefer even city to clinch the title.
Don't count Brendan's battleship out

tri_willy

yurt, what is this hilarity that juventus may consider offloading marchisio to balance the books??? apparently liverpool, chelsea and united were possible "interested" parties???

Top Bottom