• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Elchele

Believe it or not Bilbao is the only team aside from Madrid and Barca to have never been relegated, and that's despite their strict rule of only accepting Basque players. It's pretty amazing when you think about it since most teams since a few decades ago also depended on foreign talent they brought to help the team achieve success.

They would have been banned in neogaf for racism.

Inter need some neutral support, their fans must be reluctant to contribute here, the amount of hate they get

There's ample reason for everyone--at least, Serie A fans--to hate Inturd tho. It's not like they're just some random team that everyone decides to hate, or that their cunt fans are annoying, which is why everyone hates Spurs and Liverpoop.

To be sure, their cunt fans are annoying, but it goes beyond that.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Believe it or not Bilbao is the only team aside from Madrid and Barca to have never been relegated, and that's despite their strict rule of only accepting Basque players. It's pretty amazing when you think about it since most teams since a few decades ago also depended on foreign talent they brought to help the team achieve success.

That's good, for their Wikipedia page I suppose.

In reality, If you aren't plying your trade with Barca or Madrid, you're basically fucked in Spain. So many good teams fell apart because they couldn't keep up.

Elchele

In reality, If you aren't plying your trade with Barca or Madrid, you're basically fucked in Spain. So many good teams fell apart because they couldn't keep up.

All that money and still they have to be rescued by spanish government with spanish people money, and UE moneyz too. what a disaster, putting football to shame

hahaha probably old but flanagan after his goal today

988823_382255191920019_54476954_n.jpg

Suen

These years? Yeah you're fucked if you aren't with Barca or Madrid. I hope Atletico will keep this up for years to come. This season is far more entertaining than the last one.

They would have been banned in neogaf for racism.
Bacon is not banned and he only wants white people in Feyenoord.

Elchele

Bacon is not banned and he only wants white people in Feyenoord.

In a 1991 interview, Heerenveen manager Fritz Korbach racially abused two black players, calling Bryan Roy "a short fucking negro" and Romário "that coffee bean of PSV").[2][41] During Euro 96, the Afro-Surinamese Dutch player Edgar Davids was sent home after publicly alleging discrimination within the team's organisation.[2]

:looool

I remember someone criticized Ajax at some point (during van Gaal era, I think?) because they had many black players, saying the team looked like Nigeria or something. Can't remember it, maybe Bacon or Linius know

:looool

I remember someone criticized Ajax at some point (during van Gaal era, I think?) because they had many black players, saying the team looked like Nigeria or something. Can't remember it, maybe Bacon or Linius know

For all I know it could have been my dad. :lol

He'd say that a lot when there were about 5 or 6 black players on the pitch for Feyenoord last season.

Something something apples and trees

Salazar

eh, we've played better than any other team has at the Etihad in the league so far. it's still a bad loss, but the 8-2, this is not.

Taking positives from that caning is really something best left to the official Arsenal twitter feed.

L1NETT

Anyone agree with Hobo Lawrenson (scrap the beard you tramp) that Pool better without Gerrard or a combination of good performance and the White Heart Lane Day Dream Believers being hilariously shit as usual?

gerrard has been a bit leggy in some of the games I've watched.

Feorax

Been reading that Suarez was nearly a Spurs player. Spurs pulled out as Redknapp thought that he was too similar to VDV.

To be fair, after Kenny's season in 11/12, the consensus was that he'd never be a 20 goal a season striker for us...

Anyone agree with Hobo Lawrenson (scrap the beard you tramp) that Pool better without Gerrard or a combination of good performance and the White Heart Lane Day Dream Believers being hilariously shit as usual?

Better, maybe not, but having one of Gerrard or Lucas with Allen and Hendo means a much more fluid midfield with much better pressing.

Yen

Not sure. Gerrard has goals and assists in him, and I feel he is the best set piece taker in the league, but his being on the pitch means that Henderson has to take a water-carrier role, which I really don't think we should be wasting a position on a role that often seems to be harrying and little else, but today shows how well he can play when he lets loose.

LTWheels

It's hard to say.

Although we look more energetic and mobile, it was noticeable that our set pieces and corners were far worse without Gerrard.

We have scored a lot this season from a Gerrard assist.

In someways it would be easier if Gerard's performance levels would just drop straight off a cliff. Forces an end to the dilemma.

Today shows that we get so much more out of Henderson when he's running the midfield instead of shifted to cover the right wing. Henderson is not a winger or inside forward. It's a question of whether that Gerrard trade off is worth it.

I would rather see Gerrard used as an impact player, or moved further up the pitch and told just to give 100% attacking for 60mins instead of holding back to last 90mins. If we buy a winger this January, I can see him starting instead of Henderson, and Henderson coming on at 60 after Gerrard is knocked.

Mazzarri on the ref today:

“Perhaps Tagliavento is unlucky with us, as we’ve had two defeats all season and both were with Tagliavento making many mistakes. The other loss was against Roma with a non-existent penalty. We’re unlucky with him, it keeps happening to us. Maybe Tagliavento is just out of shape

:looooooooooooooooooool

His lack of energy and mobilism stings against quality midfields

Puts us right on the front foot against most teams though with his passing

Depends on the opposition basically

Mastadon

Banned
0pnng0z.png

Aguero's injured for 6 weeks apparently

0pnng0z.png

I never like seeing players injured, but that makes our job slightly less daunting.

I love Barney Ronay's description of Suarez:

Still there is a stylistic contrast that points to both men's strengths. If Suárez is the ultimate improviser, a man who goes looking for the game with the intention of ripping it to shreds and refashioning it in his own image, then Soldado is the opposite, a close-quarter craftsman of unbendingly specific requirements. Three times in the first half the Spaniard found space in the penalty area only for his team-mates – too slow, too laboured – to prove incapable of finding him.

Baki

To keep Suarez, we need to buy well in January, finish the season in a way that promises a lot next season, and convince him that we're building a team capable of competing for the CL. Merely being in the CL is below the level of performances he's putting in every week.

Thats why I was surprised about him trying to move to Arsenal. They may be a level above us, but he should be looking 2 levels above us.

We could win the CL with Suarez. He would complete the team. Coming to us would be the perfect move.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Today and the Spurs - City game had some of the worst defending I've ever seen.

Today was the worst I've seen us play in recent years. I expected jitters at the back given the number of injuries but our passing game in the first half was rancid, we wanted too long on the ball and couldn't escape the Liverpool press. Every pass was astray and every clearance led to more danger, Naughton's side was chaos. We did OK in the second half until the sending off IMO, but you can't let the opposition intimidate you like we did in the first half. Nobody stood up to Suarez, they got bullied. The Sandro injury was disastrous.

We need to absolutely crush West Ham in the cup on Wednesday if I'm to erase the memory of today from my brain.

Top Bottom