• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Baki

Arsenal, United and Everton are the only clubs who don't sack their managers over stupid shit. This Spurs shit is funny but sack worthy after record points last season? Don't be daft. What a stupid sacking if true. Spurs are still in every fucking competition.

Not sure about United. Let's see what happens with Moyes.

Gothos

Anyone agree with Hobo Lawrenson (scrap the beard you tramp) that Pool better without Gerrard or a combination of good performance and the White Heart Lane Day Dream Believers being hilariously shit as usual?

gerrard has been a bit leggy in some of the games I've watched.

Yes. I think that Liverpool when playing with Gerrard is lacking in quicker ball movement, his passing (especially those long amazing passes) is not what it used to be, he's much more prone to mistakes nowadays and in general it really shows that he's over 33 years old. Imho the transition from Gerrard to some other player in his place should happen sooner rather than later. Hopefuly this injury will show Rodgers that this team is better without Steven or at least has more potential.

Baki

Apparently Arsenal might be in for Benteke this winter? What do you guys think, would Wenger go for Benteke over Michu? How much would Arsenal be paying and is Benteke better than Michu ?

jtb

Banned
Apparently Arsenal might be in for Benteke this winter? What do you guys think, would Wenger go for Benteke over Michu? How much would Arsenal be paying and is Benteke better than Michu ?

Don't want either. But at least Benteke presumably has a high ceiling, he's Belgian, etc. Really don't want Michu. That would be an incredibly pointless signing.

Salvadora

Bbi1l1QCEAAr16l.png:large
I could get used to league positioning being communicated through Mario Kart pictures.

Well, then why are they hated? I'm not familiar with Serie A. Italian Spiderman, fill me in.

Edit:
Wait, no, Italian Spiderman was fat. You're not Italian Spiderman, sorry.

My avatar is from Italian Spiderman, actually, if that's what you were going for. Anyway, remember calciopoli? Inturd was a driving force behind that, and essentially ruined Serie A for a few years--and probably permanently damaged it--for their own benefit. And years later, it came out that they were just as guilty as Juve and the other clubs, but suffered no penalty.

flyover

I think it'd be a good move for them. Not sure why his goal-scoring form has been so terrible lately (health?), but I think he'd fit in well there. Michu might've made more sense before they got Ozil, but I bet they could get better value for other players.

Baki

Don't want either. But at least Benteke presumably has a high ceiling, he's Belgian, etc. Really don't want Michu. That would be an incredibly pointless signing.

I think Benteke is the best we can hope for in January.

GorillaJu

Never felt so happy for a player as I do for Flanagan. He's gone and turned his career around with these performances.

Apparently Rodgers charged down the touch line celebrating his goal. Wish I had seen that on TV.

Lightning

Banned
Benteke would be a good signing. He is young, strong and can score. His attitude concerns me though, he's comes across as a cunt.

There are only a handful of world class forwards out there and we can't afford or lure any of them. We need to accept a step down. I'm convinced Benteke is better than Giroud.

GorillaJu

I'm always bothered by the "could have scored more" line in post-match discussions. I could have won billions of dollars if I had just guessed the lotto numbers right. All you had to do was play better and you could have scored more, Arsene.

Lightning

Banned
Jack is an Arsenal boy so he gets an automatic pass and bigger deal made out of the Ozil situation than necessary. Per should save that for the dressing room to avoid this sort of shit. Hasn't done anyone any favours.

I'm always bothered by the "could have scored more" line in post-match discussions. I could have won billions of dollars if I had just guessed the lotto numbers right. All you had to do was play better and you could have scored more, Arsene.
Penalty and disallowed legit goal equals could have scored more, no?

One of the few good things he did. Didn't see much of the ball as Rafael and Valencia were dominating the right side. Unlucky not to score twice.

iBGgz7Z6XZSj9.gif

iHewLjIJZrAds.gif

Would like to see him behind the striker where he's at his best. The Stoke match is probably his best chance to play there as it's the league cup. I can't see him having that chance elsewhere when Rooney and Kagawa both want to play there. I don't think he'll play though as he'll probably get rested after playing 4 straight games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3puUa-b7bGM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dikX-Fniz1w

ibil0qviZmEXzV.gif

Holy carp(lol autocorrect) at that Dark Souls livestream. Great example of what happens when you get frustrated in the game.

Doesn't pay attention, gets cursed
Sees he needs 6000 souls to remove curse
Falls into same trap twice
Uses consumable souls as the first step
Dies on the way to Firelink Shrine, his farming centre
Dies again on way to retrieve souls, losing 4500
Gets to Blacksmith bonfire
Farms 4000 souls
Dies
Gets inches from bloodstain, panics and gets killed
Finally farms 3000 souls to buy from church merchant
Heals curse

What should take 30 minutes took 90 because he fails to pay attention enough and loses his head

jtb

Banned
Benteke would be a good signing. He is young, strong and can score. His attitude concerns me though, he's comes across as a cunt.

There are only a handful of world class forwards out there and we can't afford or lure any of them. We need to accept a step down. I'm convinced Benteke is better than Giroud.

I'm not so sure about that.... but on that note: do you think we should start Theo over Giroud against Chelsea?

Lightning

Banned
I'm not so sure about that.... but on that note: do you think we should start Theo over Giroud against Chelsea?
Yeah I do. Not that I think Theo would be more effective than Giroud but Giroud getting comfortable and that's not good. He needs much better finishing and he's too damn slow for an arsenal forward. Through balls don't work for Giroud because he's slow and Arsenal like playing through balls.

Salazar

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff 1h
Zanetti (Inter): "Inter-Messi rumours? Leo would be ideal for Inter, he's the best player in the world, but he's very happy at Barça." [dtv]

I love that someone actually asked a question about Inter and Messi. Love it.

Top Bottom