• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Atletico or PSG. We have a chance against any opponent I feel but only a very slim one with the others. PSG would be the team I really want and Bayern the team I least want.

PSG for Arsenal would be great. The earlier PSG is eliminated the better. Need to keep France's coefficient down. They don't deserve that 3rd CL spot.

Lightning

Banned
PSG for Arsenal would be great. The earlier PSG is eliminated the better. Need to keep France's coefficient down. They don't deserve that 3rd CL spot.
It would be great because the contest should be pretty even and a close match up with us hopefully coming out on top.

Meier

Aguero out for up to 6 weeks seems to be what all the tabloids are saying. Please stay fit, Jo-Jo. Can't imagine Dzeko goes in January now..

Mastadon

Banned
Aguero out for up to 6 weeks seems to be what all the tabloids are saying. Please stay fit, Jo-Jo. Can't imagine Dzeko goes in January now..

Big blow, but if any squad can absorb the loss of a player of Aguero's quality, its probably yours.

It makes our job in a couple of weeks slightly less daunting, but we're still massive underdogs.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Peluso to Sky "unfortunately I CANNOT play a first half without being booked........"

Antonio Cunte "I get angry because I always tell Peluso to avoid being booked, but it seems like it just happens systematically *laughs*"

Or maybe because he's a thug Antonio -_-

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
f72da402d8084155db2d4b9aa8647977-1382346124.jpeg

Does Floro Flores know that Movember ended two weeks ago?

Lightning

Banned
That sucks , but it's good for us. He's been scoring a lot.
Aguero lost and we lost Kos. Great day for everyone except Arsenal and City fans.

City's fixtures between now and the end of January are not terribly difficult:

They play:

Leicester - Capital One Cup
Fulham
Liverpool
Crystal Palace
Swansea
Blackburn - FA cup
Newcastle
Cardiff
Spurs

Not a bad set of fixtures until the end of January. Expect City to be either top of the league or within 1 win from the lead at the end of that regardless of Aguero.

Best thing about Aguero absence is it could assist Liverpool in trying to take points of City which is crucial.

It's Milan birthday today! 114 years old, I know it's too much to ask for a win tonight vs Roma, but a draw would be good enough.

--

MilanNews posted a survey: which team would you like to face in the knockout round? These are the results:

Manchester United 43,16%
Atletico Madrid 20,59%
Chelsea 11,68%
PSG 10,58%
Borussia Dortmund 8,98%
Real Madrid 2,77%
Bayern Monaco 2,24%

Definitely agree, in that particular order. Not that I expect us to go far in the CL, but having a chance to play the quarter finals would be great, money-wise. But, since we're Milan, we'll end up with Real Madrid.

Also, according to the Mirror, Moyes is interested in Zapata and Phil Neville has been watching him for a few months. I can't see the point, but I want to believe that somebody will eventually save us from him.

GorillaJu

It's Milan birthday today! 114 years old, I know it's too much to ask for a win tonight vs Roma, but a draw would be good enough.

--

MilanNews posted a survey: which team would you like to face in the knockout round? These are the results:

Manchester United 43,16%
Atletico Madrid 20,59%
Chelsea 11,68%
PSG 10,58%
Borussia Dortmund 8,98%
Real Madrid 2,77%
Bayern Monaco 2,24%

Definitely agree, in that particular order. Not that I expect us to go far in the CL, but having a chance to play the quarter finals would be great, money-wise. But, since we're Milan, we'll end up with Real Madrid.

Also, according to the Mirror, Moyes is interested in Zapata and Phil Neville has been watching him for a few months. I can't see the point, but I want to believe that somebody will eventually save us from him.

Zapata is a serial "link with various big clubs" player, I doubt United are really interested.

Funny survey results though. Who exactly is Bayern Monaco?

GorillaJu

That's funny. So there are two prominent European cities named Monaco according to the Italian language.

I would also take Chelsea as an opponent over Atletico though of all the possible teams United appear the most surmountable.

GorillaJu

I don't think Barça are particularly strong opponents at the moment. If Arsenal and Spurs (without having to play Capoue at CB) concede 6 at the Etihad and United 4, then they'll definitely be able to put a few past Barça. Bayern is a different proposition. They don't have any major weaknesses.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I will enjoy that a lot. I want City to get either Barca or Dortmund.
Are you sure?

Let's look at this from another angle

1- Do you really want them to focus on the league? (So that's City and Brendan's battleship with no Europe)

2- Do you really want Moyes' boys to receive the Llion's share of the CL money? (It'll be divided over 3 teams)

3- Germany is a few points away from toppling England

Lightning

Banned
I don't think Barça are particularly strong opponents at the moment. If Arsenal and Spurs (without having to play Capoue at CB) concede 6 at the Etihad and United 4, then they'll definitely be able to put a few past Barça. Bayern is a different proposition. They don't have any major weaknesses.
Our defence was particularly poor and it was our 3rd hard game in 6 days, less than 70hours after a hard game against Rafa in Italy.

Our defence is much better than that but we helped them with all of their goals. Such great assistance from our back 4, they won't get that kind of service again.

Are you sure?

Let's look at this from another angle

1- Do you really want them to focus on the league?

2- Do you really want Moyes' boys to receive the Llion's share of the CL money? (It'll be divided over 3 teams)

3- Germany is a few points away from toppling England
1) City can beat both Dortmund and Barca but they will be hard games, no resting players so it could cost them league points.

2) The amount of money in the CL from the last 16 to the last 4 isn't that much in the grand scheme of things. Moyes has to prove himself capable of getting big names anyway.

3) Doesn't matter, epl gets 4 teams, Germany gets 4 teams. Leverkusen and Schakle are going out regardless anyway and Freiburg gone in the Europa. Only Bayern and Dortmund to worry about.

Salazar

United appear the most surmountable.

We're gonna start to beast soon.

I hope Valencia recognises that, even though not all fullbacks are as shit as Luna, he can get results if he makes shit happen fast and doesn't end up standing on the ball with his options decreasing by the second.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I wish somebody would ask AVB why he went back to the high line after he dropped it post-City. I just don't understand what he was thinking, especially once we started to wilt he should have seen that our midfield was offering no protection. He always responds to these stupid defeats in the right way but during matches he never does. At 1-0 to Liverpool there was only going to be one outcome if we didn't change it.

I'm also very disappointed in BAE and Ade for what they tweeted after the match, it's unacceptable to mock your own club in that fashion.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
1) City can beat both Dortmund and Barca but they will be hard games, no resting players so it could cost them league points.

2) The amount of money in the CL from the last 16 to the last 4 isn't that much in the grand scheme of things. Moyes has to prove himself capable of getting big names anyway.

3) Doesn't matter, epl gets 4 teams, Germany gets 4 teams. Leverkusen and Schakle are going out regardless anyway and Freiburg gone in the Europa. Only Bayern and Dortmund to worry about.
Dammit, fair enough.

We're gonna start to beast soon.

I hope Valencia recognises that, even though not all fullbacks are as shit as Luna, he can get results if he makes shit happen fast and doesn't end up standing on the ball with his options decreasing by the second.

He should also realize that using his left foot helps.

Jack cw

I hope we get Milan or Arsenal. Especially the first. They beat us every fucking time in the European Cups and I think they knocked us out in every ko stage... Time to fix this!

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Is the Europa League draw today as well?

I just know we're going to draw Juve.

Peco

Manchester United 43,16%
Atletico Madrid 20,59%
Chelsea 11,68%
PSG 10,58%
Borussia Dortmund 8,98%
Real Madrid 2,77%
Bayern Monaco 2,24%

The fuck? Atletico would smash us.

Lightning

Banned
I hope we get Milan or Arsenal. Especially the first. They beat us every fucking time in the European Cups and I think they knocked us out in every ko stage... Time to fix this!
You're a Bayern fan right? You knocked us out last year, enough is enough. Pick on someone else, not us. Bayern vs Milan is fine you can have that.

Very disappointed in Sagna saying leaving in January is an option when we are top of the league.

What if we win. It would be amazing.

I mean, I like Bayern, I really do, but ending up beating them and then getting smashed by some random team would be funny.
The fuck? Atletico would smash us.
I think we'd have a chance at home. They'd probably win in Madrid tho.

Kenka

How can you not know Bayern Monaco you fake Serie A fan

Nothing tops Bayern Monaco, except maybe Bayern Monachium.

Back to business : a draw for each stage of the knock-out rounds is tedious. I wish they got rid of that bullshit.

Jack cw

You're a Bayern fan right? You knocked us out last year, enough is enough. Pick on someone else, not us. Bayern vs Milan is fine you can have that.
Fair enough. I wouldnt mind meeting Arsenal in the final.

What if we win. It would be amazing.

I mean, I like Bayern, I really do, but ending up beating them and then getting smashed by some random team would be funny.
I remember Inter in 2011 were thex beat Bayern and got their asses kicked by Schalke in the quarter finals. Anyway I think it will be decided between PSG, Arsenal, City and Bayern.

Top Bottom