• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Messi

to the max.

sad that Messi returning will help hide Neymar weaknesses which is everything but scoring against Scottish teams on the level of a Celta de Vigo B.

maybe he can find a job with Messi's dad taking care of drug money.

depends on who the manager is. the squad quality is there.

Weak attempt. Prime lambda trolling is history now it seems. Used to love hearing you properly troll barca. Now it's just lazy lol.

sohois

Yeah but normally I'd think BAE at least should be given a chance. you don't mock your teams results though

BAE is over 30 now isn't he? Don't see why a new manager would bother bringing him back when they could just go out and sign a new fullback, Spurs have really needed cover in both sides for a while now.

nemesun

Spurs new manager should freeze out Adebayor and BAE for yesterday's tweet
Ade and their new manager gonna be the best of chums for the first couple of months before the poor sod gets hit by the Adequake.
NEWUKms.gif

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
:eek: United did pretty good

I think Arsenal can beat Bayern, I also think City can beat Barca at home

Great draw tbh

Also AVB, as much as I think he is a boring tosspot, shouldnt have been sacked. Lawro said on motd that he didnt choose half the players he got, didnt want Bale to go, the least they could do was given him the season.

MPW

:eek: United did pretty good

I think Arsenal can beat Bayern, I also think City can beat Barca at home

Great draw tbh

Also AVB, as much as I think he is a boring tosspot, shouldnt have been sacked. Lawro said on motd that he didnt choose half the players he got, didnt want Bale to go, the least they could do was given him the season.

can't see arsenal getting past bayern

city has a very good chance of beating barca

FootballFan

Even though it was impossible I still expected to draw Milan. Lol.

DC and Meier <3. I genuinely wanted you guys to do well this Cl with pellegrini, but busquets will destroy you unfortunately.

Yaya is way too lazy to chase the tiki taka around. Messi will be back too.

Messi.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Poor AVB. Wanted him to stay.

Its Spurs ongoing aim to be more like Chelsea, first they spent the money, now they sack the managers, eventually they will rehire Harry and the cyle will be complete.

dc89

DC and Meier <3. I genuinely wanted you guys to do well this Cl with pellegrini, but busquets will destroy you unfortunately.

Messi.

We will bypass The Octopus and play long balls to Negredo. You won't stand a chance.

Elchele

I guess Pellegrini will try to copy what Heynckes did last season, they play a similar style of football.

Poor fucking Frankfurt.

They play a great group stage and finish first, get Porto and then maybe Napoli/Swansea.

That's ridiculous.

Even funnier when you think they have focused completely in EL, haven't done shit in Bundesliga, and now they're out :lol

Kyoufu

Messi.

They beat Bayern who beat you therefore City > Bayern > Barcelona.

nemesun

can't see arsenal getting past bayern

city has a very good chance of beating barca
If we manage to nick it in the first leg and go to their ground with a tight game plan we might manage to pull through.... who am I kidding, Wenger hasn't even heard of a thing called "man-marking".

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
BAE is a better left back than Rose, Vertonghen, Naughton and Fryers.

Rose has become very good but I don't know if BAE is better than him anymore. He didn't seem to want to play under AVB, but he also had a serious knee injury last season. He's certainly not as good as he was when Bale and King were around him.

Manager

Pellegrini, his coaches, Txiki and Soriano must have such a ridiculous amount of knowledge about Barcelona! At least the preperations should be good.

Yaya out for revenge (edit: prove a point), Aguero to go up against Messi, all the Spaniards motivated 100%... very nice.

Elchele

Arsenal fans already pretending they're the huge underdog so they can come out and celebrate even more if the not-so-unlikely happens. It'll be a tough match.

I feel very cool about the draw, don't know why. Maybe because I don't even care if we end up losing, it would be also good so Pep can rethink his useless defensive tactics.

I don't think we're strong enough to win the CL this season, so getting kicked out early wouldn't be the end of the world.

nemesun

Arsenal fans already pretending they're the huge underdog so they can come out and celebrate even more if the not-so-unlikely happens. It'll be a tough match.
Indeed, we're the best team in the world. We just have a tendency to hide that fact from everyone else so when we win the whole thing, we could come out and celebrate even more.

Jack cw

They are right though. Its not up to Arsenal to decide the matches but Bayern being able to focus and play their game. If that happens, Arsenal can do what they want. We just shouldnt walk into the match like we did with City and think we could beat them with only 50% focus.
I feel very cool about the draw, don't know why. Maybe because I don't even care if we end up losing, it would be also good so Pep can rethink his useless defensive tactics.

I don't think we're strong enough to win the CL this season, so getting kicked out early wouldn't be the end of the world.

Haha, so bitter :D I like you even if we win the treble again and you still not giving the respect to Pep that he deserves.

Messi

Pellegrini, his coaches, Txiki and Soriano must have such a ridiculous amount of knowledge about Barcelona! At least the preperations should be good.

Yaya out for revenge, Aguero to go up against Messi, all the Spaniards motivated 100%... very nice.

Octopus of Badia the man who outed Super Yaya will show him just why it was so easy to take his place

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Holy shitn I just read the CL draw. Barca vs City, my team vs my second favorite player and my FIFA team. Arsenal vs Bayern. Chelsea vs Gala, the Drogba derby.

Man U vs Olympiakos will be about as interesting football as watching paint dry. The rest of the fixtures have a clear favorite but there's always upsets.

Clegg

Why would Yaya be out for revenge? He was replaced and eventually sold because Busquets was better. Don't see why he'd feel the need for revenge unless he was a bit petty.

Baki

You guys pretending you are underdogs. Please. Arsenal are 100% underdogs in this. Maybe less than last season, but still.

nah, they really have 0 chance of winning. it's good for them so they can focus on getting a top 4 spot in the league.

Elchele

You guys pretending you are underdogs. Please. Arsenal are 100% underdogs in this. Maybe less than last season, but still.

Our team is still a mess, we are only winning because we have so much talent and because teams usually play in default defensive way against us, making everything much easier.

Every time a team actually have the balls to attack us, they score without much problem.

Manager

Octopus of Badia the man who outed Super Yaya will show him just why it was so easy to take his place

Can't wait to see Fernandinho against you guys. Yaya is very slow tracking back, everyone knows it, and it seems lately that Pellegrini is stopping him from going all out offense like earlier.

There was this story just before the Southampton game that their scouts thought Yaya was City's number one weakness when defending, I can see that being true. Fernandinho has basically been forced to contain the midfield by himself.

FootballFan

Why would Yaya be out for revenge? He was replaced and eventually sold because Busquets was better. Don't see why he'd feel the need for revenge unless he was a bit petty.

Exactly. Yaya left on good terms, wanted to play more and earn more, got both at city.

Badia was simply better, that's all.

Baki

Our team is still a mess, we are only winning because we have so much talent and because teams usually play in default defensive way against us, making everything much easier.

Every time a team actually have the balls to attack us, they score without much problem.

I hope we can get something out of it. If Arsenal play at 100% , it can be a close game. We did get out of the group of death after all (after everyone wrote us off).

Manager

I meant, in showing he should've deserved playing more regularly at Barca. Maybe "prove a point" would be a better wording. He was played as CB some too.

Jack cw

Lol that hyperbole. That shit defence was our problem last year under Heynckes too. We conceded only 8 fucking goals in Bundesliga and scored 42... in 16 games with Pep, god damn it, we played 50% of the games without conceding a goal. Yes, what a mess... Godamit Jupp!

Top Bottom