• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Fergie

Banned
I doubt Levy barged in to the dressing room after the game and fired AVB right on the spot. Beln sport had the news up minutes after the FT. It was more down to them putting two and two together and getting four than someone leaking it to them.
iG5KjjX.jpg

More than enough time. Looks like it was leaked.

elty

I didn't watch any Spurs games, but in general what did AVB do wrong and do right?

I think he cannot really control what players to buy or sell.

nemesun

It's nice to want things Arsene. I don't think you can afford him now though.
50mill and a car cassette player would do the trick this time, I reckon. The board will be happy to receive 50mill and all the car parks in Merseyside will be crime free for one night. That's a win for the whole city in my book.

Meier

iG5KjjX.jpg

More than enough time. Looks like it was leaked.

Yeah, BeIN are of course very knowledgeable. PSG tried to hire AVB this summer so I wouldn't be surprised if his agent informed them (same owners) or something.

Honestly, Porto could really use him (it has not been a particularly good year for them by their standards) but I bet they'd pay at most 1/3rd of the salary that Spurs owe him so I'm not sure it'd make any sense for him to give up what he's owed.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
There was an interview with Laudrup pre-season where he was speculated for the Everton job and he said he didnt want to go higher, that he enjoyed the smaller club challenge more. Everton are on the same tier as Spurs, save perhaps a bit more financial muscle, would be surprised if he went back on his philosophy 6 months later.

Baki

50mill and a car cassette player would do the trick this time, I reckon. The board will be happy to receive 50mill and all the car parks in Merseyside will be crime free for one night. That's a win for the whole city in my book.

I think there is definitely a release clause. Just some weird conditions that's needed to be met. #FreeSuarez #UnleashOnBayern

Fergie

Banned
Yeah, BeIN are of course very knowledgeable. PSG tried to hire AVB this summer so I wouldn't be surprised if his agent informed them (same owners) or something.

Honestly, Porto could really use him (it has not been a particularly good year for them by their standards) but I bet they'd pay at most 1/3rd of the salary that Spurs owe him so I'm not sure it'd make any sense for him to give up what he's owed.
Yeah, England doesn't seem to be a good place for AVB.

Spain or back to Portugal would be a good bet.

There was an interview with Laudrup pre-season where he was speculated for the Everton job and he said he didnt want to go higher, that he enjoyed the smaller club challenge more. Everton are on the same tier as Spurs, save perhaps a bit more financial muscle, would be surprised if he went back on his philosophy 6 months later.
Wouldn't be a bad choice at all. I really don't know who Spurs can call. It's a mess.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
poor gunners, we gonna die eventually and this gif will still be relevant long after we're gone:

arseloltqb9m.gif

As someone who likes Arsenal and would rather them win any trophy if United cant, i love this :D.

I seriously hope Arsenal rip Bayern apart and if United arent going to win id sure as fuck hope Arse do over Chelsea and City D:

Mastadon

Banned
It was too late then. Window was closed and we were too busy sanctioning a €50m transfer for Ozil.

Nope, you qualified on August 27th, leaving a full 3 days to make another bid. And the window closing wouldn't have stopped him bidding. If the release clause existed, why wouldn't he bid now so he has him wrapped up for January?

Fergie

Banned
Nope, you qualified on August 27th, leaving a full 3 days to make another bid. And the window closing wouldn't have stopped him bidding. If the release clause existed, why wouldn't he bid now so he has him wrapped up for January?
http://eurosport.yahoo.com/news/premier-league-suarez-40m-1-clause-force-liverpool-193137112.html

"If you are going to have a supposed buy-out clause it should be that, but it is different as it says if there is no qualification for the Champions League and if there is a minimum offer of £40 million then the parties will get around the table to discuss things - but it does not say the club has to sell,” he told the Press Association.

Baki

I guess we will have to see in January. But I suspect we may have a few surprises coming.

nemesun

Yeah, England doesn't seem to be a good place for AVB.

Spain or back to Portugal would be a good bet.

Wouldn't be a bad choice at all. I really don't know who Spurs can call. It's a mess.
He should rehabilitate his career on the international scene. Take some time off from footy til after the WC, and I'm sure one of the big boys will come knocking after another disappointing WC.

Jack cw

I thought Weiser is highly rated? Unless you mean he's off on a loan?
He has talent but I doubt it will be enough for what Bayern is aiming for. He is a forward, and Bayern desperately needs a talent that could take Lahms wing position, but Weiser isnt the one.

Fergie

Banned
He should rehabilitate his career on the international scene. Take some time off from footy til after the WC, and I'm sure one of the big boys will come knocking after another disappointing WC.
Sound advice. It has been a rollercoaster experience in England for AVB.

RaikuHebi

Banned
trabzonspor is like north of the wall in GoT this time of year.

loooool. It's definitely nothing like people would expect a place in Turkey to look. It's a truly beautiful place, my favourite place in Turkey and yet I've never been:

uzungol-trabzon.turkey.jpg

And when Juventus arrive:

5696.jpg

Facism

loooool. It's definitely nothing like people would expect a place in Turkey to look. It's a truly beautiful place, my favourite place in Turkey and yet I've never been:

uzungol-trabzon.turkey.jpg

And when Juventus arrive:

5696.jpg

that's what i love about the country, so diverse in it's landscapes and climates.

Splatt

Whelp, guess that's the end of AVB's top club manager career.

He'll probably take over Zenit after Spalleti gets fired.

Yen

"What is it with airplane food?!"

Zabojnik

Ludogorets forwards:

ludogoretsplatini.png

Lazio are DEAD. #BasedPlatini

Btw we have nothing to do with the Istanbul teams. If some of you are still salty about the whole Gala snow thing then take it to somebody who cares!

You gonna get raped in Torino and then again in Turkey. Snow or no snow. <3

GorillaJu

Are Arsenal fans on about Suarez again?

Dudes, if it didn't happen in the summer, there is absolutely no way it's happening in the winter.

If Suarez weren't completely happy with the team, if he weren't playing the best football of his life, and if he hadn't just recently pledged his future once more to us, it would be because the owners wouldn't sabotage Brendan and the club's first legitimate run at Champions League qualification in 3 years half-way through a season.

We have one of the world's best players, playing at the top of his game. We turned down 40 million in the summer, even with the player agitating for a move. Why, on gods green earth, would we simply throw our hands up and say "well fuck it, why not just take the 40m now and write the season off?"

Meier

BbnTmAHCQAAA3Ch.jpg:large

Next seasons City shirt?

Very sharp! The fact the crest is flush with the shirt is already a massive improvement. There is a rogue plastic stitch behind the crest on my shirt this year and it ends up agitating the top of my boob over time whenever I wear it. Stupid thing! I can't even find where it is..

Gurthang

Banned
Are Arsenal fans on about Suarez again?

Dudes, if it didn't happen in the summer, there is absolutely no way it's happening in the winter.

If Suarez weren't completely happy with the team, if he weren't playing the best football of his life, and if he hadn't just recently pledged his future once more to us, it would be because the owners wouldn't sabotage Brendan and the club's first legitimate run at Champions League qualification in 3 years half-way through a season.

We have one of the world's best players, playing at the top of his game. We turned down 40 million in the summer, even with the player agitating for a move. Why, on gods green earth, would we simply throw our hands up and say "well fuck it, why not just take the 40m now and write the season off?"

It is not Arsenal you should be worried about. It's Madrid.

GorillaJu

It is not Arsenal you should be worried about. It's Madrid.

Madrid wasn't interested in the summer and if they're interested now, too bad because it's not happening.

This game has not aged well at all. I spoiled of course but I cant even enjoy it on Vita anymore. Outdated graphics that carry none of the atmosphere anymore and the battlesystem is pretty basic. A remake with FF15 engine would be fine.

Jack, I just vomited. Don't do this.

Top Bottom