• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Fergie

Banned
Pellegrini in today's press conference:
"I think Barcelona will be very concerned that they have drawn us. They are not the team of two years ago."
oh-no-you-didn-t-o.gif

RaikuHebi

Banned
On the subject of fixing it might be a huge coincidence but I've been thinking ever since last week "What if Galatasaray gets Chelsea and what if Trabzon gets Juventus". And bloody hell look what happened. I couldn't believe it. So forgive me if I am a bit sceptical :p.

Drogba's reaction:
y61Za.gif

Meier

Tweeting every possible draw, delete the wrong ones.
Arsenal vs. Bayern becoming the new Milan vs. Barca.
I'm sure it's fake but that uefacorruption one does have at least one thing going for it. I expected the tweets to be spread out with notable gaps of time in between due to doing this but they're not. The timeline is pretty tight. Twitter only allows you like 100 tweets per hour or something so it definitely wouldn't be easy with all of the different options.

sohois

On the subject of fixing it might be a huge coincidence but I've been thinking ever since last week "What if Galatasaray gets Chelsea and what if Trabzon gets Juventus". And bloody hell look what happened. I couldn't believe it. So forgive me if I am a bit sceptical :p.

Drogba's reaction:
y61Za.gif

You do know how probability works don't you?

Mastadon

Banned
I'm sure it's fake but that uefacorruption one does have at least one thing going for it. I expected the tweets to be spread out with notable gaps of time in between due to doing this but they're not. The timeline is pretty tight. Twitter only allows you like 100 tweets per hour or something so it definitely wouldn't be easy with all of the different options.

Then you set up several accounts and use whichever turns out to be right. It's funny how you don't see these accounts before the draw!

Jack cw

True but there is a mathematical probability what the chances are. You wont tweet a draw that has a chance of 10% when another has more than 30%.

Hindle

Banned
AVB didn't seem to have any idea when it came to managing a big squad. Losing against 3 big rivals wouldn't have helped either.

Manager

Arsenal fixtures, according to their website:
February
8 Liverpool Away
12 Man Utd Home
15 Fa Cup Round 5
19 Bayern Home
22 Sunderland Home

March
1 Stoke Away
8 Swansea Home or FA Cup Quarter-final
11 Bayern Munich Away
15 Tottenham Away
22 Chelsea Away
29 Manchester City Home

April
5 Everton Away

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I imagine this was Dawson in the dressing room before kick off on Sunday.

YH3wWHQ_zps7b0a9a4a.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Buzzing about the possibility of meeting Fiorentina over two legs

It'll be a great game for neutrals too

Hindle

Banned
Capello would be a smart choice for Spurs. He has the experience when it comes to dealing with big squads and the mental strength to challenge for the top 4.

The Youth League draw is over:

Barcellona-Copenaghen
CSKA-PSG
Atletico Madrid-Manchester City
Chelsea-Milan
Real Madrid-Napoli
Benfica-Austria Vienna
Arsenal-Shakhtar
Real Sociedad-Schalke 04

So he's gone then. Cant say I'm surprised.

I find it funny how we're often castigated for the decisions we make with managers, and right fully so at times but then you have "well run clubs" like Spurs who sack Harry, bring in AVB who has their best ever win record, sell their best player, replace half the squad with almost all foreign players to boot and don't give the manager time to bed them in.

Spurs are 7th, with the most competitive league we've had for a long time.

Ultimately, they should never have hired him in the first place.

Top Bottom