• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Baki

If we buy a striker in January, I will be 100x more optimistic about our chances.

But yeah, I'm ready for this regardless. We won't roll over for Bayern like other teams. Just like last time. 3-3 baby.

bjaelke

Porto and Benfica get their draws yet?

nnkhajC.png

RaikuHebi

Banned
We're fine with snow. We played and won before in snowy conditions.

we're not fine with your method of removing it though.

Tractors are the ultimate Turkish solution man! You need to get snow off the pitch? Tractor. You're late for a game? Jump on Uncle's tractor. Need to get loads of people to a wedding? Fucking tractor! Street drag race? Tractor.

Yeah, seems like Levy and Baldini ballsed it up in the summer. Levy holding out for ages to get a few extra million, allowing the majority of possible replacements to go elsewhere, forcing Spurs to sign Lamela and Eriksen. Levy who supposedly had some kind of arrangement with RM, only for them to go right and sell Ozil to Arsenal - not to mention if Levy had simply taken a part exchange deal with Di Maria then RM wouldn't have sold him anyway. And of course, Tottenham could have simply told Bale to stay the Liverpool did with Suarez and they'd be right up there where Liverpool are now.

I think it's easy to say all that in hindsight but the players we bought last season - like Holtby and Siggy - have come on leaps and bounds this year. There is always going to be a bedding in period (Ozil is the exception, not the rule), this is especially so when you consider just how much change there was. I think the purchases were decent - and Eriksson has been excellent, imo - they just need the right tactics and sufficient time to gel. And learn English (LAMELA).

operon

So will the champions league be the first trophy that Arsenal gets knocked out off. And spurs have a good chance for the el provides Lloris doesn't make a mistake

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I think it's easy to say all that in hindsight but the players we bought last season - like Holtby and Siggy - have come on leaps and bounds this year. There is always going to be a bedding in period (Ozil is the exception, not the rule), this is especially so when you consider just how much change there was. I think the purchases were decent - and Eriksson has been excellent, imo - they just need the right tactics and sufficient time to gel. And learn English (LAMELA).

I think our squad has all the ingredients to achieve what we want, it's about getting someone who can get them fighting.

It's not hard to stop these stupid home results:

1. Drop the high line
2. Always play Dembele and Sandro
3. Lennon and Townsend on the wings, Lamela behind Soldado

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
VIOLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

First leg: 5-0
2nd leg: 0-5

and then let's sell cups and shirts on our store too

K1LLER7

Olympiakos - United: we got this. Moyes going all the way.

City - Barca: should be fun. Could see City overpowering them. Messi needs to get back into form quick.

Arsenal - Bayern: Want Arsenal to win, but I doubt it'll happen.

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
Are Trabzonspor any good?

We are alright. Haven't lost a game in the European cups in ages (like 13 games now). Finished at the top of the group above Lazio Roma. Most notable player is Malouda (yeah the one from Chelsea).

Btw we have nothing to do with the Istanbul teams. If some of you are still salty about the whole Gala snow thing then take it to somebody who cares!

PAOK... it's manageable.

kinda wanted to play AVB-helmed Spurs afterwards but the cunt couldn't even hold the spot.

edit: Arsenal got Bayern?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, bye bye, CL.

Showaddy

Oh Bollocks just read the sports news. Thought they might give AVB a few more games at least.

Then Spurs go an draw Juan de Ramos' team in the Europa, couldn't make this shit up.

dc89

Pellegrini in today's press conference:

"Sergio has a calf injury. The doctor can say how many weeks he will be out, I don't know at the moment. I think he will be out for at least one month.
Richards, Nastasic and Aguero are out. All the other players are okay, including Jovetic."

"I think Barcelona will be very concerned that they have drawn us. They are not the team of two years ago."

Hixx

And we've been linked with Julio Cesar again.

Once more, can't understand it. Huge wages and Vito is ok. Rather spend the wages on full backs and midfielders.

Meier

Barça, eh? Well, fuck. I'd have rather drawn Dortmund really. I think we can beat them but it won't be easy. I'd say it's just as likely we get destroyed.

Top Bottom