• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Elchele

Lol that hyperbole. That shit defence was our problem last year under Heynckes too. We conceded only 8 fucking goals in Bundesliga and scored 42... in 16 games, god damn it, we played 50% of the games without conceding a goal.

No it wasn't at all. The defense was our best attribute under Heynckes, very balanced team. Like an Xbox One.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
ibj5Hrjnbk4WfK.gif

Bae is the worst character in football in such a long time.

His schtick got old very fast.

are you saying he's the footballing equivalent of you?

Dat Neymar

Dat Pep

Dat jealousy

Dat so good

Manager

Lol that hyperbole. That shit defence was our problem last year under Heynckes too. We conceded only 8 fucking goals in Bundesliga and scored 42... in 16 games with Pep, god damn it, we played 50% of the games without conceding a goal. Yes, what a mess... Godamit Jupp!

Some people say Boateng is shit while others say he's upcoming world class. What do Bayern-GAF think?

He was extremily weak at City when they owned him. Kept jumping out of tackles/duels, never used his body and shit scared when he got the ball.

Kikarian

Thinking about it, City will go through in the the 2 legs.

Arsenal won't though.

We should be alright. But you don't know with us.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Bayern aren't perfect but no team is this season and you're still the best team in Europe. Not by the same ridiculous margin as last season but still the best. And even if you don't repeat the CL big deal you get Lewandowski on a free next season and still can win like 3 more trophies this season.

FootballFan

I meant, in showing he should've deserved playing more regularly at Barca. Maybe "prove a point" would be a better wording. He was played as CB some too.

Yaya played a lot for us and was very good, was underrated by most people.

Pep started using him less towards the end of the season but he was always up for it no matter what position he was used in.

Eg. he started vs Madrid in the 6-2 destruction in the toilet seat stadium, but by the end of the season he was playing CB vs Chelsea and manutd. dat pep.

By that time it was clear pep had picked biscuits over him, rightly so too, so yaya had to leave if he wanted to play regularly.

Elchele

Leverkusen, Gladbach, Arsenal, Dortmund. Just to name a few expamples were Heynckes defence was on the brink and the treble too. That success may let some people forgot how much closer it really was.

This is pretty much like discussing Gomez. Stats are on his side, but people who actually watched the games know he was shit.

Heynckes made our team very balanced, we didn't even concede a goal against Barcelona.

Refresh your memory: http://www.transfermarkt.de/en/fc-bayern-muenchen/spielplan/verein_27_2012.html

BATE was our only meltdown last season. I don't think Arsenal was much of a meltdown, they were very good in the second leg and scored 2 very deserved goals.

Manager

Yaya played a lot for us and was very good, was underrated by most people.

Pep started using him less towards the end of the season but he was always up for it no matter what position he was used in.

Eg. he started vs Madrid in the 6-2 destruction in the toilet seat stadium, but by the end of the season he was playing CB vs Chelsea and manutd. dat pep.

By that time it was clear pep had picked biscuits over him, rightly so too, so yaya had to leave if he wanted to play regularly.

Why couldn't he cover in any of the two other CM positions? Deemed not a quick passer enough, quick enough? Or did he play there too? He always seemed to have offense capabilities since day 1 at City.

(When Xavi/Iniesta were rested/injured)

edit
Looking back on stats, it seems like he actually played a lot. 25+23+18 starts in La Liga, plus CL.

Fergie

Banned
I just love how the news of AVB firing coincided with the CL draw. The cheeky cunts wanted to bury the news, very astute.
Supposedly leaked early last night to the French contingent of BeIn sport.

Lloris or Kaboul.

Very clever to keep it on the low until the draw though.

Clegg

Well Wenger is an idiot if he thinks Liverpool will sell.

And the Olympiakos game will mark the turn to Old Trafford of Manchester United colossus Roy Carroll.

Elchele

So who you guys think is leaving Bayern in the summer?

- Weiser
- Pizarro
- van Buyten (or Jan?)

Coming

- Lewa
- a CB?
- an unnecessary midfielder

Messi

Why couldn't he cover in any of the two other CM positions? Deemed not a quick passer enough, quick enough? Or did he play there too? He always seemed to have offense capabilities since day 1 at City.

edit
Looking back on stats, it seems like he actually played a lot. 25+23+18 starts in La Liga, plus CL.

He wanted to play every game

Jack cw

Some people say Boateng is shit while others say he's upcoming world class. What do Bayern-GAF think?

He was extremily weak at City. Kept jumping out of tackles/duels, never used his body and shit scared when he got the ball.

He is the best germand defender right now. Simple as that.

nemesun

Supposedly leaked early last night to the French contingent of BeIn sport.

Lloris or Kaboul.

Very clever to keep it on the low until the draw though.

I doubt Levy barged in to the dressing room after the game and fired AVB right on the spot. Beln sport had the news up minutes after the FT. It was more down to them putting two and two together and getting four than someone leaking it to them.

Elchele

He was extremily weak at City. Kept jumping out of tackles/duels, never used his body and shit scared when he got the ball.

He's world class already, but he was bad vs. City yes. He, and the whole defense, looked x100 better under Heynckes tho.

nemesun

What a downgrade Spurs would be for Capello. Would he be stupid enough to jump ship and join the Titanic when the WC is just round the corner?

Facism

Tractors are the ultimate Turkish solution man! You need to get snow off the pitch? Tractor. You're late for a game? Jump on Uncle's tractor. Need to get loads of people to a wedding? Fucking tractor! Street drag race? Tractor.

ah, memories of going up a cliffside with my uncle and his tractor in cyprus. The back wheel hanging over the edge, Uncle not giving a fuck. Plus girl swimming in the bay below with her tits out.

Is this your plan to turn all our fanbase into Fener supporters?

It's working

huehuehehelizard.jpg

Manager

He's world class already, but he was bad vs. City yes. He, and the whole defense, looked x100 better under Heynckes tho.

Meant when he played at City that year they owned him, you always thought he would overcome that stuff early on but he never really seemed to get better. The injury wrecked a lot though. Can't believe he was out all that time after getting hit by a freakin' candy wagon on an airplane...

FootballFan

edit

Yep as I said he played a lot. It was only towards the end of the season where busquets took over.

The only time I remember yaya playing in the other midfield role was vs zaragoza I think, he got an assist and a goal iirc. Was always used in def.mid until he started playing CB.

He was one of my favourite players, thought he was better than busquets(who had a shaky start for us), I was wrong but I still miss yaya. He was a different player in our team.

His copa del Rey final goal vs Bilbao was pretty memorable.

Yaya <3 hitcher </3

Jack cw

This is pretty much like discussing Gomez. Stats are on his side, but people who actually watched the games know he was shit.

Heynckes made our team very balanced, we didn't even concede a goal against Barcelona.

BATE was our only meltdown last season. I don't think Arsenal was much of a meltdown, they were very good in the second leg and scored 2 very deserved goals.

Dont mean to nitpick but Barca was, like many other games in favour to us. Goal 2 and 3 wouldnt have happened in a perfect world, the final against Dortmund was also very lucky with Neuer keeping Bayern in the game. I agree that the team was very balanced, but it is more so now, with Thaigo and Götze playing many positions and with Ribery, Schweini and Robben out, we can replace them now. We were lucky last season that our key players werent injured unlike this season and we are still playing better with those patchwork formations.

So who you guys think is leaving Bayern in the summer?

- Weiser
- Contento
- van Buyten
- Pizzaro
- Kirchhoff

Coming

- Lewa
- Messi

Top Bottom