• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Milan bros. Come on. What the fuck. You guys had Rui Costa, Nesta and Maldini.

What are you even doing?

You guys used to go to Old Trafford and win.
Rvy pls

we're broke as fuck

Free agents are what we do best. The Rui Costa times are long gone.
He's alright. Matic is better.
very good DM, one of Porto's key pieces.

i would say that yes, he's better than Muntari. extremely solid player.
Good to hear.

rvy

Banned
I just loved those players. Nakamura and Nakata. They were no complete players. And not as good as Kagawa. But they had swagger and style. Especially Nakata. I have his number 7 shirt from the 2006 World Cup.

Swagger and style will win you fuckall in football.

Look at Ribéry. Ugliest person to ever play the game. Has the swagger of a burnt tree.

Rvy pls

we're broke as fuck

Free agents are what we do best. The Rui Costa times are long gone.

I don't understand any of this. How are you broke? Why are you broke?

Blablurn

IT HAPPENED

1497942_815517148464978_363213304_o.jpg

#MiaSanMia

Jack cw

I just loved those players. Nakamura and Nakata. They were no complete players. And not as good as Kagawa. But they had swagger and style. Especially Nakata. I have his number 7 shirt from the 2006 World Cup.

LOL, you're such a fancy cunt, bla. <3

tri_willy

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

Such horror show atm. 12 teams with 5 or more players injured. Think someone wrote 20% of the PL players are injured.

Tottenham - 11
Arsenal - 9
Liverpool - 7
Manchester City - 7
Manchester United - 7

Chelsea been really lucky.

spurs trying to be a poor man's chelsea by having a team of attacking midfielders, funny that have a higher injury list than them, not im not entirely sure how many of those 11 are CAMs

tri_willy

Don't know what's more laughable. That rubbish or you believing it. You really think we would target a Liverpool player? Seriously. Especially such a crappy one.

im not the one who wrote up the news

never said i believed it, but more than happy for johnson to join you guys hehehe :p

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
spurs trying to be a poor man's chelsea by having a team of attacking midfielders, funny that have a higher injury list than them, not im not entirely sure how many of those 11 are CAMs

Of those 11 injuries:

1 RB
2 STs
2 CBs
2 CMs
2 RWs
2 CAMs

That makes zero sense, how is it possible that your only financial option is Berlusconi? Do you guys not get revenue from anywhere else?

We do, but it's not enough. We don't have a stadium with our name on it, marketing-wise the Milan brand isn't strong like it used to be ten years ago, we struggle to have a good financial report by the end of the fiscal year: last May we were just above the 0, by a few millions. Of course, this doesn't help when you have to reinforce every aspect of the team every six months, so Galliani is forced to travel all around the globe (the Fernando thing happened when he was in Brazil in the last few days of December, apparently) to find free agents.

The Berlusconi family as a whole (the input came from his son and his first daughter) decided that spending every year 50m euros was too much for a company that wasn't profitable, so we ended up selling our top players (Ibra, Thiago Silva, Kakà, Sheva, etc) to compensate our losses. This meant less quality, less wins, less trophies, less world-class players.

rvy

Banned
We do, but it's not enough. We don't have a stadium with our name on it, marketing-wise the Milan brand isn't strong like it used to be ten years ago, we struggle to have a good financial report by the end of the fiscal year: last May we were just above the 0, by a few millions. Of course, this doesn't help when you have to reinforce every aspect of the team every six months, so Galliani is forced to travel all around the globe (the Fernando thing happened when he was in Brazil in the last few days of December, apparently) to find free agents.

The Berlusconi family as a whole (the input came from his son and his first daughter) decided that spending every year 50m euros was too much for a company that wasn't profitable, so we ended up selling our top players (Ibra, Thiago Silva, Kakà, Sheva, etc) to compensate our losses. This meant less quality, less wins, less trophies, less world-class players.

Calling my petrol Russian friends ASAP. I will save your club, Luci.

Blablurn

Damn. That sounds rough. Can't believe what happened to Milan. Wonder how many people decided to "stop" being a fan in recent years. It's a crucial time for the club. For it's future. But I'm sure they wouldn't say no to a rich oil guy.

Calling my petrol Russian friends ASAP. I will save your club, Luci.

Damn. That sounds rough. Can't believe what happened to Milan. Wonder how many people decided to "stop" being a fan in recent years. It's a crucial time for the club. For it's future. But I'm sure they wouldn't say no to a rich oil guy.

Berlusconi more or less clearly said that some petrol money would be appreciated, after years and years of "no". And some italian investors were interested (one of them was Squinzi, Sassuolo's president, loaded with money), but everything is delayed at least until June.

rvy

Banned

Not as bad as based interistas leaving the thread entirely.

Thomas Hitzelsperger (52 internationals for Germany, Everton, Villa) outed himself. I like it!
http://www.zeit.de/sport/2014-01/thomas-hitzlsperger-homosexualitaet-fussball

Well, not saying I would have guessed he was gay. But I must admit it's not really surprising.

I think he is going to be one of the best midfielders in the next few years if his back holds. Sure its a risk, but he is by far Dortmunds most essential player and I would love to see him stay there.

This season showed we can replace him, though. A Sahin that doesn't need to play every match and a Micky that has completely arrived at BVB and we're very good to go.

I'd still love to keep him. But it doesn't look like he wants to stay, so whatever.

Blablurn

Well, not saying I would have guessed he was gay. But I must admit it's not really surprising.

This season showed we can replace him, though. A Sahin that doesn't need to play every match and a Micky that has completely arrived at BVB and we're very good to go.

I'd still love to keep him. But it doesn't look like he wants to stay, so whatever.

Whats your opionion on aubameyang?

Salvadora

So Leverkusen sold Schürrle and Sam. Will they ever be able to keep players?
Does Schalke buying Sam indicate anything for the long-term future of Draxler?

Jan Aage Fjortoft says we're in pole position for him. If he could be converted into a striker, that'd be swell.

Jack cw

So Leverkusen sold Schürrle and Sam. Will they ever be able to keep players?

Not as long Bayer isnt investing the money that VW or Gazprom offer. Bayer have a fantastic scouting department but they'll lose every potential good player to other clubs because the simply dont have the money..

Jack cw

I wouldnt have guessed it was the Hitz. I was betting on Lahm.
Anyway, its still sad, that he had to end his career before going public with this. Football culture cant be that homphobic :/

L1NETT

Good for Hitzlsperger, wish a (current) PL player would just come out. It's 2014, football is so far behind. Daily Mirror has a live reaction to him being gay? Just wtf, it really shouldn't be a big deal. Sadly it is.

Oh and FIFA are really on top of this.

2018 WC: Russia
2022 WC: Qatar

Ah

Maybe not.

Whats your opionion on aubameyang?

Better than I thought he'd be. Still, can be very frustrating with shitty passes and terrible finishing at times. But lots of players that have done worse in their first 6 months at BVB, so he can still improve a lot. And even if he didn't, he'd still be a decent backup and can decide matches with his speed alone.

He grooms himself too well?

The way he acts and speaks in interviews, don't know, a bit feminine? Like I said, I wouldn't have said he's gay, some people just are that way and that's perfectly fine. But knowing that he's gay, it makes sense.

Not as long Bayer isnt investing the money that VW or Gazprom offer. Bayer have a fantastic scouting department but they'll lose every potential good player to other clubs because the simply dont have the money..
It's also about the fact that Leverkusen is not the greatest club, the fans are rather poor. That's also true for Wolfsburg, see their youth players leaving. Clubs like BVB or even Schlacke are just more attractive when both clubs pay the same wages and show the same promising future.

That said, Schlacke doesn't show a promising future and Sam is an idiot for signing for them.

I wouldnt have guessed it was the Hitz. I was betting on Lahm.
Anyway, its still sad, that he had to end his career before going public with this. Football culture cant be that homphobic :/

Well, they played together at Stuttgart, didn't they ;-)

But even if Lahm was gay, we wouldn't find out that soon. He just (fake) married and got a kid, would take some while.

sohois

Better than I thought he'd be. Still, can be very frustrating with shitty passes and terrible finishing at times. But lots of players that have done worse in their first 6 months at BVB, so he can still improve a lot. And even if he didn't, he'd still be a decent backup and can decide matches with his speed alone.

The way he acts and speaks in interviews, don't know, a bit feminine? Like I said, I wouldn't have said he's gay, some people just are that way and that's perfectly fine. But knowing that he's gay, it makes sense.

Are you sure there's not a hint of hindsight bias in that assessment, Milch?

Jack cw

It's also about the fact that Leverkusen is not the greatest club, the fans are rather poor. That's also true for Wolfsburg, see their youth players leaving. Clubs like BVB or even Schlacke are just more attractive when both clubs pay the same wages and show the same promising future.

That said, Schlacke doesn't show a promising future and Sam is an idiot for signing for them.
Yeah, Schalke has no real concept. They are floating between CL and Bundesliga with an incompetent manager and joke of a coach. I wouldnt write Wolfsburg off, they might not have the fanbase like other Bundesliga teams but they have money, much money and are spending it. I think in the next 3 years they are up to rival Dortmund and Bayern.

Batigol

Banned
Sky Sports News &#8207;@SkySportsNews 1m

FIFA secretary general Jerome Valcke: 2022 World Cup in Qatar will not be held in June & July #SSN

If this is the case then shouldn't Qatar's WC bid be rescinded since it voids the original offer? Which was to be a summer WC. If they can't fulfil that it should be void

Are you sure there's not a hint of hindsight bias in that assessment, Milch?

Well of course. I just said it's not that terribly surprising.

We don't know these guys enough to definately say anything about them, whether it's about their sexual orientation, personality, whatever. I must admit I wasn't really interested in the player and person Hitzlsperger, so I only watched the occasional interview after a national team match. We only get small glimpses of them during interviews, anyway. See, if someone like Hummels or the walking boner at Bayern outed himself, I would be surprised, like a lot. And then there are guys who just act a bit different. That doesn't need to mean anything, some people are just very shy, don't like interview situations or just are dorks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom