• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lopes runs circles around Adnan. shit, it's insulting to Lopes to put him in the same sentence as the diving king.

ibboldqHbPJgvv.gif

Feorax

Gold and Sullivan are deluded if they think keeping Sam is a good idea because they feel he's ideal to get them out of the mess he put them in.

The season is essentially written off at this point whilst he's still in charge. Might as well bin him now and start preparing for next season. If you go down under a new manager, so be it, because you're going down under Sam anyway.

Manager

Manchester City were enjoyable to watch under Mancini in the title winning season.

For the first months, but when the other teams figured him out it was tougher. His downfall was that he rarely had a plan B and to be fair his plan A was pretty dull.

When the opposition backed the truck he didn't have the balls to put on attacking minded players, kept using Barry, Garcia and De Jong at all costs and hoped he'd get a 1-0 goal. Which Tevez and Aguero often gave him by individual brilliance.

Salvadora

For the first months, when the other teams figured him out it was tougher. His downfall was that he rarely had a plan B and to be fair his plan A was pretty dull.

When the opposition backed the truck he didn't have the balls to put on attacking minded players, kept using Barry, Garcia and De Jong at all costs and hoped he'd get a 1-0 goal. Which Tevez and Aguero often gave him by individual brilliance.

That first half of the season when United and City routinely destroyed every team they came across with larges margins was incredible.

Crazy season.

Baki

Any chance Van Persie will move this season? He seems very unhappy with Moyes and he isn't getting younger.

Walshy

Any chance Van Persie will move this season? He seems very unhappy with Moyes and he isn't getting younger.
He will want to leave if they don't get top four in the summer.

But I cant imagine them losing Rooney and RVP in one window...

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
^Oh I will!

as long as he doesn't shit on us in it.

-
BdfRl5IIQAAIIka.jpg

Pique drinking some of Messi's HGH filled blood

Spanish police pls

welcome back Messi :)

dc89

crush them, for old man Lambda who's going to bed now, before 10.

Cabaye's a doubt. You'll dick us so bad Pardew will want to switch places with Allardyce.

Newcastle away is a real mixed bag for us. :S

---

West Ham United are exploring other striker options beyond Andy Carroll after it was claimed yesterday that they had bid what would be a club transfer record fee of £14.5 million for Spain forward Alvaro Negredo.

Jose Maria del Nido, the Sevilla president, revealed that the offer had been rejected out of hand and was adamant that he was under no financial pressure to sell any of his players.

The announcement comes shortly after Sevilla accepted a £24 million offer from Manchester City for winger Jesus Navas, but Del Nido was keen to stress that he was not prepared to part ways with the club’s second most valuable player. Negredo, 27, scored 31 goals last season for Sevilla and was part of the star-studded Spain squad that triumphed at Euro 2012.

“He has four years left on his contract,” said Del Nido. “He is at home here. He has scored a lot of goals and delighted us with his football. The summer will tell us in due course if he will still be with us, but if you ask my opinion, I’d rather there were no bids. West Ham offered €17 million [£14.5 million] in cash with more in incentives but we do not value the offer and the player refused.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...-Spanish-striker-Alvaro-Negredo-rejected.html

o_OOO

I didn't even know?!

Feorax

@LiverpoolGAF

Rodgers has his flaws, but the majority of this is BS. We have a plan b, but no english pundits notice because it isnt "lob it long to the big man".

And if our injuries were due to Rodgers training method, it would have certainly manifested last year too.

Maybe it would be nice if we didn't have to deal with people "testing the resolve" of our players...

John Dunbar

correct about everything
i'm only barely listening, but the sky sports announcer sounds pretty much like this:

messi bla bla messi messi bla bla messi messi messi bla bla bla messi almost assist messi messi bla bla

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom