• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

I blame the previous upper management for that. I fully agree with today's vision though. I don't care for our league ranking at the moment.

I wonder what will happen if we beat you guys next week and the negative results keep on coming. Cocu already showed he's not much of a leader, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets sacked.

confuziz

Banned
I wonder what will happen if we beat you guys next week and the negative results keep on coming. Cocu already showed he's not much of a leader, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets sacked.

He won't get sacked, I can guarantee you that. Nobody cares if we get 4th or 8th this season (only some deluded fans). To be honest I don't even want EL next year. Just look at Twente's performance with a young team this season (and without european football).

LegoArmo

FIFA 14 is a horrible, disgusting game. FIFA 13 was almost perfect, besides the over reliance on pace. Skill was rewarded. Every game wasn't just some twat who runs down the wing and crosses it in to Benteke. Even though I still won most of my games online in FIFA 14, it was just miserably boring playing the exact same tactics every game, and it got worse the higher up in the divisions you got.

Zabojnik

Moyes is the Allegri of United. He'll perform badly, but just "good enough" as to not get sacked. United are going to win today.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Bentaleb starting again today. I feel a bit for Capoue but it's nice to see a young academy player out there.

Linius

He won't get sacked, I can guarantee you that. Nobody cares if we get 4th or 8th this season (only some deluded fans). To be honest I don't even want EL next year. Just look at Twente's performance with a young team this season (and without european football).

Come on, that's bullshit. That would be far belows PSVs level if they don't manage to qualify for European football. Even with a new manager on board.

But I honestly don't think he's the right man for the job. That video of Cocu being angry was a great example for how he lacks leadership. I can't believe the players actually look up to him. And then there's the whole Toivonen thing. He says one thing, but does another thing. It's poor leadership all over the place.

Moyes is the Allegri of United. He'll perform badly, but just "good enough" as to not get sacked. United are going to win today.

To be fair, Allegri has not performed "just good enough" as to not get sacked, at least this season. If B&G gave a shit about this season, he would have been sacked long ago.

If Moyes were truly the Allegri of United, he could lose every game until the end of the season, not give any fucks, avoid a sack, and then happily move on to a new job. Allegri is a truly blessed man.

confuziz

Banned
Come on, that's bullshit. That would be far belows PSVs level if they don't manage to qualify for European football. Even with a new manager on board.

Perhaps, but I wouldn't care. One season without flying to Bulgaria or Georgia would do wonders for a young team.

But I honestly don't think he's the right man for the job. That video of Cocu being angry was a great example for how he lacks leadership. I can't believe the players actually look up to him. And then there's the whole Toivonen thing. He says one thing, but does another thing. It's poor leadership all over the place.

I don't agree, I don't think there is a better man for this job. But then again I don't think managers have that much influence on players anyway.

Zabojnik

To be fair, Allegri has not performed "just good enough" as to not get sacked, at least this season. If B&G gave a shit about this season, he would have been sacked long ago.

If Moyes were truly the Allegri of United, he could lose every game until the end of the season, not give any fucks, avoid a sack, and then move on to a new job.

Eh, yes and no. By 'good enough' I mean 'not horribly'. Like, if Allegri were to lose 6 matches in a row, he'd be a goner. B&G giving a shit or not. He'd be gone.

GQman2121

Banned
That was great!

iMEoAgYFShQZc.gif

Bumhead

Banned
I think my favourite thing about today, and there are lots of contenders when you dick Leeds by 6, was Coloan Lavery.

I can't remember the last time we brought through a proper striker. Probably David Hirst. Lavery looks class. 2 great finishes. Plymouth fans were raving after his loan and he was awesome today.

GQman2121

Banned
Second time this season we've put three clean sheets together. Not sure how I like that going into the game with United next week, but I do like that we've only conceded three goals over the last month while scoring 16. Dropped only 2 points over that span of games too, which is why we're on top of the table for the time being.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Second time this season we've put three clean sheets together. Not sure how I like that going into the game with United next week, but I do like that we've only conceded three goals over the last month while scoring 16. Dropped only 2 points over that span of games too, which is why we're on top of the table for the time being.

Mourinho was very clever in the way he brought back his old defensive style. He let the sloppy defense do the talking on the pitch and waited until nobody could complain before he went back to his 'clean sheet first' mentality. This is how you win leagues.

If Moyes were truly the Allegri of United, he could lose every game until the end of the season, not give any fucks, avoid a sack, and then happily move on to a new job. Allegri is a truly blessed man.

I think I have argued with tou before about Allegri. However, right now I just cant defend him. He is just doing a terrible job

pulga

Banned

Salvadora

Mourinho was very clever in the way he brought back his old defensive style. He let the sloppy defense do the talking on the pitch and waited until nobody could complain before he went back to his 'clean sheet first' mentality. This is how you win leagues.
Eh, we saw it against United way earlier in the season.

You're giving him too much credit.

GQman2121

Banned

Our first half performances lately seem very much like a feeling out phase. Like we're formulating a gameplan while attempting to minimize risk. Then at halftime changes are made; in the second half, fullbacks creep up a bit more and get into the mix (Cole today setting up Hazard) and somehow we've been figuring defenses out. That's something we weren't exactly able to do in our three losses this year. But it's coming together and if we can stay healthy, we'll definitely be right there come May.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom