• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

1iluju.jpg

#YOLO

Wes

venison crêpe
@mattslaterbbc 4m

How much is PL football worth to a city? Every hotel in Manchester charging double w/e of Utd-City, the trendy ones x4 usual price

TeddyBoy

One of my mates supports Leeds, the other Wednesday, its going to be fun seeing their reaction come monday :p

I'm supporting Wednesday ;)

Manager

@mattslaterbbc 4m

How much is PL football worth to a city? Every hotel in Manchester charging double w/e of Utd-City, the trendy ones x4 usual price

It's pretty funny because the date is gonna change because of the Carling cup final.

edit
Capital one

Manager

Luiz weird freekick technique seems bit of a roulette, sometimes just lands straight into the keeper, sometimes bounces all over the place.

Manager

jVPoLxM8bPdVx.png
ixcioaMSDWVZu.png

€30 a month for 3 mbps+, ability to go rewind 4 hours and rewatch, every CL, PL, Championship, Formula 1, NFL, NHL, NBA, Olympics, etc. Scandinavia only but hopefully this will all get better in the future. Cancelled all cable TV subs, with Netflix and this there's no reason left for me.

confuziz

Banned
If you guys think 14 is worse than 13 you're deluded. Then again it is confuziz

14 is worse by about a million miles. In 13 I was a top player (Division one, 3:1 w/l ratio), 14 is exactly the opposite. And it's not my fault. 14 only depends on speed, luck and (lobbed) through balls.

dwgirIQ.png

Fan forums are brilliant. Interesting, infuriating, hilarious, all at once.

Unfortunately Liverpool, City, Man Utd Chelsea and Arsenal are the only ones with decent sized forums as far as I can tell

You aren't looking far enough.

GloryGlory for Spurs.
RTG for Sunderland.
Newcastle online for Newcastle.

Thats just off the of my head, there is big communites for others like PlanetSwans etc.

West Ham - http://www.kumb.com/forum/index.php

Cardiff - http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/

Barca - barcaforum.com

Juventus - http://forum.juventuz.org/forum.php

Redcafe and RAWK are the biggest, followed by Blue Moon.

Pretty sure Moyes's record thus far is better than Fergie's intial tenor at Utd. And Fergie had already won european silver wear with a scottish team. Sure Fergie's pedigree is better. But Moyes is going to mould a darn good team, given the funds. Just you wait.

This isn't Moyes's first year as much it is the year after Fergie left.

End of next season being trophy less will be very meaningful.

Moyes inherited a better team and Fergie wasn't just blindly trusted. He earned the trust practically every year and was a proven winner. Moyes was left behind a team that won the league by 11 points and the gap could have been bigger if United didn't shut off in the 2nd half of the season when the title was already won.

United were on a run of 4th place finishes and were 4th the season before Fergie came. However, Fergie did not take over at the start of the season and thus didn't inherit a 4th place team. They were in 19th when he took over and had lost Mark Hughes (top scorer in 86). He got them to finish 11th. An improvement.

The next season they finished 2nd. The following season they finished 11th. Basically the only negative season in his tenure. He finished in 13th the next season, but won an FA Cup. The next season he finished in 6th and attained the Cup Winners Cup. The next season he came in 2nd and won the league cup and UEFA Super Cup.

He saw improvement every step of the way. Apart from that he got rid of the drinking culture that had plagued the locker room and revamped United's youth system.

However, I don't think he should be sacked. He needs to finish the season, get top 4, or at the very least improve the quality of football otherwise he should get sacked. Failing to do any of those proves he can't squeeze out the best of whatever talent he's got and heavily taints his footballing philosophy. Acquiring better talent will be an improvement of the shit we're watching now (which isn't hard to do), but should he be trusted to get the best out of the revamped squad after failing to do it this season both in terms of results and quality of football?

WJD

14 is worse by about a million miles. In 13 I was a top player (Division one, 3:1 w/l ratio), 14 is exactly the opposite. And it's not my fault. 14 only depends on speed, luck and (lobbed) through balls.

Hasn't this been the case in like every FIFA ever? Admittedly the lobbed through balls are especially broken in this years game, but it's not too difficult to counter against shit players.

Linius

PSV was top once too, not anymore. Do you blame the new season for that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom