• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serie A is harder. And this is coming from someone who defends the Bundesliga.

Not even worth debating, sorry.

Well, the question is how do you define harder? Harder to win the league? The current Bayern side would do the same to Serie A as Juve, and Napoli/Roma would struggle to keep up just like BVB/Leverkusen. Harder to qualify for the CL? No idea, probably true considering there are only 3 CL spots. Overall better teams? No idea how you'd compare, say, Freiburg to Livorno.

Sure, there's always different culture, play style and so on but that's something you can adjust to. Most likely not instantly but eventually. Comparing two leagues is stupid, anyway, but saying Serie A is harder? Don't know, man.

Salvadora

edit: Does anyone else get a little annoyed with the constant dismissal of football on GiantBomb? They're talking about the future of 4k, and say that Sony mention the possibilities for its use at the World Cup and potential for growth from it. And they just snigger as though nobody really gives a shit about watching football and there won't be hundreds of millions of live viewers worldwide, when there was an oppurtunity for an interesting conversation. I'm sure 99% of people would rather listen to that than Drew droning on about going to the gym :p
I feel bad for saying it because Drew seems like a nice guy, but he makes me want to not listen to the podcast.

Every week he has another long, uninteresting story to tell.

Manager

Viva how did you find gaf?

I might be thinking of someone else here, but was it you that used to support Leeds?

I always followed Leeds as a kid, but when they went out of PL it was really hard to follow them from my country, had to content myself with goal highlights. I've always been a huge Sven fan and watched his matches at Lazio and England, and when he went to City I started following his work there. Then he left for fn' Mexico (messed up time zone) and I basically continued following City since I liked the players. I can't call myself a life-long fan and it's the reason why I don't use "we" when I talk about them. Haven't missed a City match since he joined though 7 years ago.

I'm sure I've heard that on Shooting Stars or something

lol, Manager kept that quiet :D

I've explained this tons of times and got a lot of stick for it here for many years. :p

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I love James Richardson being back on TV. It's a crime that he doesn't have a more prominent role somewhere.

I don't understand how he isn't the primary BT football presenter. He's far better than the dweeb Ginola made the wanker sign at.

Blablurn

Keepers with caps always look goofy.

f95oT7rTspF.jpg

Well, the question is how do you define harder? Harder to win the league? The current Bayern side would do the same to Serie A as Juve, and Napoli/Roma would struggle to keep up just like BVB/Leverkusen. Harder to qualify for the CL? No idea, probably true considering there are only 3 CL spots. Overall better teams? No idea how you'd compare, say, Freiburg to Livorno.

Sure, there's always different culture, play style and so on but that's something you can adjust to. Most likely not instantly but eventually. Comparing two leagues is stupid, anyway, but saying Serie A is harder? Don't know, man.

Serie A is tactically difficult. You rarely see thrashing of teams. I think only Inter have thrashed a team this season. Bayern would win the league, but as a result they would struggle in Europe.

Edit: i would go more in depth but I am out at the moment and it is minus 10. Dont want to freeze my hands on my phoneㅠㅠ

I always followed Leeds as a kid, but when they went out of PL it was really hard to follow them from my country, had to content myself with goal highlights. I've always been a huge Sven fan and watched his matches at Lazio and England, and when he went to City I started following his work there. Then he left for fn' Mexico and I basically continued following City. I can't call myself a life-long fan and it's the reason why I don't use "we" when I talk about them. Haven't missed a City match since he joined though.

Alright mate I didn't ask for you life story :p

Speaking of Sven, it's a bit strange now to think there was point where he was one of the top managers.

Manager

Alright mate I didn't ask for you life story :p

Speaking of Sven, it's a bit strange now to think there was point where he was one of the top managers.

Sorry I'm used to explaining this so it comes automatically. :p

About Sven, I think at England there just came a time when he had ladies (Ulrika, FA secretary plus more) on the side and then his wife decided to move to England. It just started to fall a part there. Apparently his wife hated England too.

Then Thaksin had no idea about anything football. There's a story Sven told that after a cup match the players went out to the pitch for a "jog-out" a long while after the final whistle. Thaksin then jumped out from his VIP chair, ran into the restaurant and yelled "Come out everyone, the second leg starts now!!!".

After being fired for basically no real reason, I think he just started taking any job that gave good money. It's ridiculous where he has been after that - Mexico, Notts County, Ivory Coast, Leicester, BEO Tero, Al Nasr, Guangzhou. No logic, just places that offered highest money. And now he was ready for Cardiff too until Ole took it.

As a manager, his fault was similar of that Mancini had - no plan B. As soon as the opposition figured out his tactics he could do nothing, he didn't try anything. Just the same tactic match after match. Probably the reason he never stayed long in any club. His assistant, life long friend, got older and older too.

sohois

Sorry I'm used to explaining this so it comes automatically. :p

About Sven, I think at England there just came a time when he had ladies (Ulrika, FA secretary plus more) on the side and then his wife decided to move to England. It just started to fall a part there. Apparently his wife hated England too.

Then Thaksin had no idea about anything football. There's a story Sven told that after a cup match the players went out to the pitch for a "jog-out" a long while after the final whistle. Thaksin then jumped out from his VIP chair, ran into the restaurant and yelled "Come out everyone, the second leg starts now!!!".

After being fired for basically no real reason, I think he just started taking any job that gave good money. It's ridiculous where he has been after that - Mexico, Notts County, Ivory Coast, Leicester, BEO Tero, Al Nasr, Guangzhou. No logic, just places that offered highest money. And now he was ready for Cardiff too until Ole took it.

As a manager, his fault was similar of that Mancini had - no plan B. As soon as the opposition figured out his tactics he could do nothing, he didn't try anything. Just the same tactic match after match. Probably the reason he never stayed long in any club. His assistant, life long friend, got older and older too.

Eh, looking at that list of clubs it's easy to see how he ended up in his position, only of those (Leicester) is a proper managing job. 2 international positions which are always pretty fickle - wasn't the Ivory Coast position for the world cup only? - , a joke job at Notts county, then a couple of jobs in joke leagues.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Decent shot by Hughton Jr. He's doing well this season.

Edit: SAGBO FOOOL

Manager

Eh, looking at that list of clubs it's easy to see how he ended up in his position, only of those (Leicester) is a proper managing job. 2 international positions which are always pretty fickle - wasn't the Ivory Coast position for the world cup only? - , a joke job at Notts county, then a couple of jobs in joke leagues.

He got crazy money for the Ivory Coast job, same with Notts and Mexico, pretty sure it's the same with every one of them. He never got to know any league or so since he moved from different continents all the time, sometime country and sometime club, and even different jobs as you say.

sohois

He got crazy money for the Ivory Coast job, same with Notts and Mexico, pretty sure it's the same with every one of them. He never got to know any league or so since he moved from different continents all the time, sometime country and sometime club, and even different jobs as you say.

I remember a Leicester City fan I know being right chuffed when he went there, and I think he had a pretty good start, strange that that one didn't work out.

Manager

I remember a Leicester City fan I know being right chuffed when he went there, and I think he had a pretty good start, strange that that one didn't work out.

He's so good at man management. I think it was Terry who said that Sven used to have meetings on how you're supposed to get away while breaking the rules and meeting ladies. And his core was good so he mostly had a good time in the early stages of every job, but then the opposition always figured out his tactics.

His transfers has always been dodgy too, bought some weird players over the years.

GQman2121

Banned
I finally signed up for a GAF account--after years of lurking--once Gerstmangate hit. I primarily posted on a user created board at Gamespot called the Virtual Underground. In an effort to not support GS in anyway, I came here, was approved fairly quickly, and haven't looked back.

Manager

Sven-Goran Eriksson was seeing 6 women at once, reveals `secret` ex
Sunday, 10 November 2013

Sven-Goran Eriksson’s secret former lover, Marisa Cauchi, has revealed that she dumped the Swedish football manager in 2011, after she found out that he was cheating on her with five other women. Millionaire businesswoman Marisa Cauchi told the Mirror that Eriksson has completely omitted her name from his new biography and that is the ultimate betrayal of their relationship.

Cauchi asserted that she was with the footie manager for four years and he had promised her that they’d come out as a couple, but in reality he was keeping her a secret so he could romance other women. Cauchi said that she discovered Eriksson’s infidelity when a host of women became aware of each other when one of them found all their numbers stored on his phone and sent a text to all of them. (ANI)
http://www.siasat.com/english/news/sven-goran-eriksson-was-seeing-6-women-once-reveals-secret-ex

That Sven.

Marisa-Cauchi-2714102.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom