• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
So weird he put all his career at Everton. How old was he can he was recognized as really good?
If I recall correctly he turned down a chance to join Bayern a few years back but he's been excellent for many seasons now. United chased him for 2 summers without success because they are too stingy.

Faridmon that may because of play style? No way Oviedo is the better player though.

Manager

Didn't mean to insult your club, I just remember how I always were afraid that bigger clubs would come and get Kompany, Silva and Hart just last year or so. Baines seems to be in similar class, if people are to believe, seen to little of him myself.

dc89

I'm worried that he'll leave next year. He's really overpaid right now, even he has been good this season, and most City contracts has been lowered since Txiki came (with more bonuses). I can see him going free to a club like Real or Barca, in his prime right now. He was treated quite badly by the fans for a while and he seems to be an emotional type.

Probably been one of City's best players this season. IMO him and Fernandinho.

Pellegrini has shown him some love. I hope this works.

rodvik

I'm sorry but Neymar has better facial hair than ANY forward in pl history

Sit down son.

AndreasWeimann_3011348.jpg

Manager

Pellegrini has shown him some love. I hope this works.

Yeah absolutely, that's the one thing that may keep him staying. He can get trophies wherever he would go.

Can't fault City for delaying the extension, he's been so poor for many years until now, one of the most overpaid players in the world until this season. Finally has an understanding with Silva too.

How often are you at the Etihad btw?

faridmon

We're so French I can smell the snails and frogs from across the channel. We could do with some new wingers and a new nationality wouldn't be a bad thing. :lol

I think there was a period a few weeks ago linking us with McGeady, not that there was anything in it. As you said, McGeady was pretty much always Everton's, with their longstanding interest finally coming to a head.

I look forward to seeing how he fits in cos I've always rated him. What are you gonna do about strikers though? Jelavic (I'm sure you won't miss him) gone and Lukaku returning to Chelsea at the end of the season - who would be your ideal striker that Everton could nab? Obviously you don't really need to worry about this right now.

Oh, yeah, I forgot that McGeady was linked to New Castle. You really could have gone for him since he had problems at Spartak with his falling out with the manager. Could have been the easiest transfer for many clubs that had faint interest but never went for him fully.Obviously my main worry is his fitness level. He haven't played a match this season and was made to train with the reserve team at Spartak after a bust out, so him coming to a high energetic league after such a long down time is anxious inducing. I hope we haven't spent a lot of money on him. He is a risk, whilst inherently being a good player, not playing for so long is definitely a worry.

I honestly liked Jelavic. I believe that he had a confidence issues and Moyes ripped apart any shred of talent he had when he played Fellaini as a forward instead of providing him with service from middle. On topic on Lukaku, he is also a worry. He only scored 1 goal in 7 and his link up play is, frankly, quit bad. Even at today's game, he had few chances where he scoffed it and as striker, that should not happen. I even wonder if he have palace at Chelsea. I would not take him at Everton if he continuous his poor form of now. Especially if he is gonna cost us a lot.

I am actually quite baffled on which striker would score 15+ goals a season and would not cost a billion pounds. Forward is tough market for us, especially if we have history of weakening strikers over their carrier at Everton. But again, we don't have Moyes...

dc89

Yeah absolutely, that's the one thing that may keep him staying. He can get trophies wherever he would go.

Can't fault City for delaying the extension, he's been so poor for many years until now, one of the most overpaid players in the world until this season. Finally has an understanding with Silva too.

How often are you at the Etihad btw?

Not often enough! Money and other commitments I guess.

I'm gonna do my damn hardest to go to the Barca game though. Last season I went twice. I'd say I go on average 3 times a season for the last few years.

Suen

Always thought Pique is a great CF personally.
Pique is a good CB, but he tends to make some horrible decisions from time to time. I'm not talking about mistakes any player might do now and then but shit decisions no player at his level should do. I was hoping he'd do one of them today :/

Manager

I'm gonna do my damn hardest to go to the Barca game though. Last season I went twice. I'd say I go on average 3 times a season for the last few years.

I PM:ed you about train prices etc last year, hopefully I'll finally be able to make use of that useful info you gave me this spring. Is there anything you think will surprise a first time goer? Luxurious, not luxurious, noise, the City square etc?

Suen

Alba would get battered in the Premier League. Not for being good, but for being a whiny little JT. He always has something to say to the ref, even when he's not even involved.
Hopy City send him out for the rest of the reason. Whiny fucking little cunt doesn't deserve to be on the pitch.

Courtois is CLASS. Here's hoping Chelsea never gets him. Fuck the blues.

faridmon

If I recall correctly he turned down a chance to join Bayern a few years back but he's been excellent for many seasons now. United chased him for 2 summers without success because they are too stingy.

Faridmon that may because of play style? No way Oviedo is the better player though.

Aye, we did turn two offers from Bayern, but yeah, he choose to stuck with us, because of trust with the Moyes and his family situation would prevented him to move abroad. Man United were always stingy so there was not a clear chance for him to move there/

Oviedo does suit our style of play at the moment, but you have keep in mind that he is young and have a chance to improve. Believe me when I say this, he come to this club not knowing what to do and he improved remarkably by training hard within a year. Baines had poor games this season, While I absolutely adore Baines, his free kicks aren't needed when you have Barkely and Mirralles in your team and he isn't getting younger, business wise, doesn't make too much sense to sell him while the iron is hot?

I do love him though....

pulga

Banned
Sergi Roberto? Ballsy Tata

Hopy City send him out for the rest of the reason. Whiny fucking little cunt doesn't deserve to be on the pitch.

Courtois is CLASS. Here's hoping Chelsea never gets him. Fuck the blues.

Well they own him don't they

Don't think there's much to do if they want him back susie

Suen

Fuck off Alves.

Sergi Roberto? Ballsy Tata

Well they own him don't they

Don't think there's much to do if they want him back susie
Yep they do so unless Atletico is willing to pay a huge sum to get him he'll go back :/ Wish he'd stay in Atletico to make things more competitive.

But wait...they lost Falcao and became better....if they lose Courtois they will surpass all teams in the world.

pulga

Banned
Hahahaha Alves you mong

thinks running away is going to save him from the yellow

EDIT: THATS A YELLOW FOR PIQUE WTF REF

faridmon

DC pls

Me an my mate, we were thinking of going to Manchester to watch your team against Barca? How much would the ticket cost, and how hard is to get it?

WJD

Alves you gigantic bell hole.

Ray Hudson's like my gran - just talks over everyone spouting random rubbish. In an endearing way, at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom