• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

3Sixty

Yup, he was free ofcourse and has been one of the better strikers in the league up to now.
(8 league-goals, 2 cup-goals)

Became my favorite Utrecht player pretty fast, love his winner-mentality, the Dutch league lacks players with that.

Nice goal btw.

Here's some highlights from him at Utrecht : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCD76BbSe7c

He was mainly stuck on the right of midfield for us because of how our team played then. Always thought he'd be better further forward.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eETu9XSESAo

Great actor too. Good I'm dying re-living this lololol

Wouldn't be surprised to see Napoli in the final, honestly. It's pretty obvious we only give a shit about winning the scudetto.
You don't think Conte will be playing for the Europa win at Juventus Stadium? I thought the location of the final and the fact that Juve have a sizable lead for the scudetto would inspire some serious effort in the tournament.

Zabojnik

You don't think Conte will be playing for the Europa win at Juventus Stadium? I thought the location of the final and the fact that Juve have a sizable lead for the scudetto would inspire some serious effort in the tournament.

You'd think so, wouldn't you? That's the plan, but let me tell you - as soon as our lead over Roma goes down to 4-5 points, that plan is going out of the window. It's just how it is with us, always has been. Scudetto first and foremost. Maybe something will change next year, if we manage to snatch it again this season. Maybe.

Nyx

He was mainly stuck on the right of midfield for us because of how our team played then. Always thought he'd be better further forward.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eETu9XSESAo

Great actor too. Good I'm dying re-living this lololol

Yeah he was a winger at De Graafschap before he joined you, back then I thought he was a good dribbler but not much else. He really became better at Southampton, a lot stronger too.

Haha nice vid!

kharma45

ando0cxo.gif

;.;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEfkBFX8Vew

Hixx

I'm incredibly bored and penniless so I have spent my friday afternoon predicting things:

Chelsea will win the title, one point ahead of Man City before a small gap to Arsenal, who have a comfortable gap over Liverpool in 4th. Man United will have a stonking 2nd half of the season to finish joint 5th with Spurs while Everton tail off a bit and finish 7th. 10 point gap to the Mags in 8th who jostle in the "no-one gives a shit" area with Saints. Then another 10 point gap between 9th and 10th, which is Swansea/Villa (joint) on 41 points. Between 18th and 12th there's a 4 point gap with West Ham being unlucky number 18. Palace and Norwich are cut adrift by 5 points in 19/20.

I'd take it
KuGsj.gif

You'd think so, wouldn't you? That's the plan, but let me tell you - as soon as our lead over Roma goes down to 4-5 points, that plan is going out of the window. It's just how it is with us, always has been. Scudetto first and foremost. Maybe something will change next year, if we manage to snatch it again this season. Maybe.
With Roma's overall decline in form over the last couple months and the fact that they'll certainly be pushing hard for the Coppa, I'd be shocked if they'll be catching you in points any time soon. They seem to be making good moves in the transfer window, but I doubt it'll be enough for them to be a serious threat for the scudetto by the end of the season. And Napoli certainly won't be pulling any punches in the Coppa or Europa, so our chances are slim of making up that 10-point difference.

Juve's prospects look good to nab both the scudetto and the UEFA cup if Conte's willing to really push the squad - and I say this as someone who'd hate to actually see this happen.

Clegg

I want to see a Jones/Fellaini midfield pairing.

Would be interesting to see what would break first, an opposition midfielders face, or a United fans will.

Jarnet87

I'm ready for the pounding Chelsea is going to give my poor United this weekend. If Moyes can grab a draw it will be an accomplishment.

How good is Rodrigo? We were linked with him a couple days ago by O Jogo, though it may have been his agent trying to find other suitors besides Zenit.

He looked fiery in the clips I saw yesterday, always liked that in a striker.

just copying what i told Sviat:

there's 2 Rodrigos:

Spain U-21 Rodrigo which is one of the best young strikers on the planet, who scored 15 goals in 16 appearences. legend.

Benfica's Rodrigo, still a goal scorer but clearly underperforming due to being third choice after Cardozo and Lima. still snagged us 20 goals in 50 something matches.

quick on the feet, can play alone upfront but his best with close support, sometimes lacks the snap to make quick decisions in front of the goal. good technique, the type of guy that massively improves as his confidences rises.

if you wanna him to start on the starting 11 and give him a chance, you'll get Spain U-21 Rodrigo, if you buying him to stick on the bench you'll get the Benfica version.

lol fuck off

Cinderella didn't spend 50 million pound on a dress

an invisible dress.

Ashes

Banned
I'm incredibly bored and penniless so I have spent my friday afternoon predicting things:

Chelsea will win the title, one point ahead of Man City before a small gap to Arsenal, who have a comfortable gap over Liverpool in 4th. Man United will have a stonking 2nd half of the season to finish joint 5th with Spurs while Everton tail off a bit and finish 7th. 10 point gap to the Mags in 8th who jostle in the "no-one gives a shit" area with Saints. Then another 10 point gap between 9th and 10th, which is Swansea/Villa (joint) on 41 points. Between 18th and 12th there's a 4 point gap with West Ham being unlucky number 18. Palace and Norwich are cut adrift by 5 points in 19/20.

I'd take it
KuGsj.gif

How can Man Utd have a stonking 2nd half of a season and finish 5th?
United tend to have strong second halfs. Well, more often than not. If it is the case that we do pretty well, I'd feel sorry for whoever we knock out of the top four.

Salazar

Been playing as Sporting in FIFA.

Montero is deadly

How can Man Utd have a stonking 2nd half of a season and finish 5th?
United tend to have strong second halfs. Well, more often than not. If it is the case that we do pretty well, I'd feel sorry for whoever we knock out of the top four.

Aye. All about the tempo of the clank.

omgkitty

Should be American. Stupid Gunners. Still a chance since his dad is pursuing citizenship.

If he ends up being as good as people think he will be, why would he want to play for the US? He could play for several different countries at this point including Germany, USA and Ethiopa. I'd assume at some point he could play for England as well. He'd be stupid not to pick Germany.

Ashes

Banned
I'm ready for the pounding Chelsea is going to give my poor United this weekend. If Moyes can grab a draw it will be an accomplishment.

If for my own sanity, I hope he doesn't pull off our right back and tuck in Valencia there. I can't recall that tactic working before, & if it has, it has worked in a minority of occasions. Just take off Valencia and go all out some other way.

If he ends up being as good as people think he will be, why would he want to play for the US? He could play for several different countries at this point including Germany, USA and Ethiopa. I'd assume at some point he could play for England as well. He'd be stupid not to pick Germany.

Why would it be stupid not to pick Germany?

Assuming he's as good as Arsenal guys hope, he'd look into playing for a national team in 3-4 years. In 3-4 years, there's still Schweinsteiger, Khedira, Gündogan, Kroos, Bender, Bender. Not to mention a good number of talents that could make the next step like Leitner, Goretzka, Ginter, Can, Gerhardt, Kohr, Khedira etc.

Salazar

If for my own sanity, I hope he doesn't pull off our right back and tuck in Valencia there. I can't recall that tactic working before, & if it has, it has worked in a minority of occasions. Just take off Valencia and go all out some other way.

Valencia would get himself sent off grabbing onto Hazard or Oscar or whatnot. You can be as quick as you like, but fullback is about reacting properly when someone goes round you. And they will go round you. Valencia can't do it. Rafael, bless the short-fused little sod, is getting better at it.

Good chance of Torres getting himself booked/sent, too. Irrespective of the result - he'll be a moody, petulant asshole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom