• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuturusX

Spent more but not net spend.

Disclaimer - not sure if accurate:

PL-spend-summer-2013-net-by-club.jpg

So Everton winning the league is the real real Cinderella story. Damn.

omgkitty

Oh man on the new Arsecast, he blames Agbonlahor's inability to grow a mustache for the fact that he cracked Rosicky across the face. So good.

Ashes

Banned
Valencia would get himself sent off grabbing onto Hazard or Oscar or whatnot. You can be as quick as you like, but fullback is about reacting properly when someone goes round you. And they will go round you. Valencia can't do it. Rafael, bless the short-fused little sod, is getting better at it.

Good chance of Torres getting himself booked/sent, too. Irrespective of the result - he'll be a moody, petulant asshole.

Oh yeah. Forgot about Torres have Vidic in his pocket. Torres has lost loads of pace but still frightens vidic. Should be an interesting battle if Torres starts.

Truth be told, my biggest worry would be our left back. And our seemingly inability to get shots on goal. Though this one time, that's a plus - nobody gets a lot of shots on goal versus Chelsea. Time for Kagawa to announce him self to the premier league.

Ashes

Banned
Disclaimer - not sure if accurate:

PL-spend-summer-2013-net-by-club.jpg

So Everton winning the league is the real real Cinderella story. Damn.

They just *somehow* got one of the best strikers in the league on loan. Call me cynical but what city do with Adebayer and now Chelsea with Lukaku is grossly unfair. Bolstering sides just outside the top four to trip up everyone else. boo!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
WHY are they doing this?

tutjan_17.jpg

Marotta “I believe that Morata is unreachable, but we have never spoken with Real Madrid. He is one of those players that will become a champion and so is generating great interest.”

Another name regularly making the gossip columns is Pogba, who has been paired with interest from Paris Saint-Germain.

“We know his value and we are not going to sell him anyway. So far there have not been any requests from Paris Saint-Germain.”

oh and Antonio Candreva is great, LiverpoolGAF. 9m sounds like a fucking bargain!

Hixx

How can Man Utd have a stonking 2nd half of a season and finish 5th?
United tend to have strong second halfs. Well, more often than not. If it is the case that we do pretty well, I'd feel sorry for whoever we knock out of the top four.

i thought man united were like 8th atm

in that case they can carry on in their mediocrity

does it really matter

no

enjoy the europa league

--

Apparently Di Fanti has been sacked. Daily Mail 'exclusive'. Idk. Don't really care. Another fuck up by Mr. Short.

Cortese pls

edit: What even is Cortese

GorillaJu

Also read in the Telegraph that we're tightening the purse strings a bit in this window, but Rodgers may be given the go ahead to pay what we have to for Salah.

Zabojnik

Candreva gets my vote as well. Very versatile player, technically educated and at the peak of his career. Don't know how he'd work as a bench/reserve player though.

If I were to believe Tuttosport Seedorf wants to buy half our XI for Milan :lol

It's Tuttosport, so why wouldn't you? Half of Ajax XI, sogno possibile.

Feorax

Candreva gets my vote as well. Very versatile player, technically educated and at the peak of his career. Don't know how he'd work as a bench/reserve player though.

I think anyone wide player we bring in is likely to go straight into our first XI to allow Coutinho to play more centrally.

GorillaJu

It's Tuttosport, so why wouldn't you? Half of Ajax XI, sogno possibile.

If we brought in a 26 year old, it'd be to start every game. Right now Sterling has been playing there, and while he's been good, he's still too raw to be starting every week. I like him a lot, he's been playing well especially in upping his work rate and pressing/hassling, but still not quite the level of a week-in, week-out starter.

Splatt

If we brought in a 26 year old, it'd be to start every game. Right now Sterling has been playing there, and while he's been good, he's still too raw to be starting every week. I like him a lot, he's been playing well especially in upping his work rate and pressing/hassling, but still not quite the level of a week-in, week-out starter.

Sterling has been playing great considering his age, but I was actually more impressed by Ibe(even though he featured 2 or 3 times in the 1st team).

Seems more composed and rational with the ball, unlike Sterling who turns into a bit of headless chicken whenever he's in front of the goal.

Shame Rodgers insists on using Moses for whatever reason.

Dunno, looks like they've recovered nicely in the last couple of weeks + Totti is back. Anyway, Coppa Italia to you, EL to us. Deal? As long as Roma finish the season with zero tituli.
Put them in a truly difficult game, like against Juve earlier this month, and Roma doesn't really look like that special of a team - Totti or no Totti. I thought they might be onto something after they thumped us earlier this season, but I haven't been so convinced lately. They have a fair shot at the Coppa, especially if Juve fields their B squad, but I don't think they'll be a genuine contender for the scudetto.

Switch that deal around, and I'll take it. Or better yet, if you all just want to lay down your swords in both tournaments, I'd be willing to let Juve have the scudetto, take the EL for ourselves, and give Siena the Coppa.

Zabojnik

candreva wouldn't start. hence this news seems like a non starter. Stirling has been too impressive, and if you take him out there is Coutinho. it would simply be a waste

Yeah, that's why I'm asking. Liverpool seem covered in that sector. Bringing in Candreva would probably undermine Coutz's and Sterling's confidence. Candreva, as good as I think he is, isn't necessarily better than either and that's without taking into account the time he'd need to get accustomed to the league, etc. If Liverpool wanted to deepen the squad though, buying Candreva would make sense. Although I really don't see him as a bench player. Not now that he's finally matured and so close to the WC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom