• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashes

Banned
i thought man united were like 8th atm

in that case they can carry on in their mediocrity

Oh okay,

In other news, Barton reckons united fucked up in the last window, thinks united are the kind of club that don't need to put square pegs into round holes and thinks we should get ilkay gundogan. He says all this in the daily mirror.

I have to say the nutter speaks the truth on this one. And I my self think there is a good chance we'd buy gundogan in the summer if we qualify for the champions league.

Yen

Sometimes.....

If i know im about to have a runny day i nude up and go straight from the toilet to the shower
rather than going through a roll of toilet paper

Also
Has anyone tried having a shit in the shower.....its a liberating experience...the warm water feels nice and when it drops to your feet you look down and watch it dissolve down the plughole will little mess...i can see why women like water births

It's only a matter of time now...

yv2qm4Z.png

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Hasn't Gundogan got a serious injury? I can't see anybody buying him until 2015, no one is going to spend £30m on a guy who just missed a year of football.

With Napoli buying Jorginho, does that mean they won't get Capoue? Or do they want both?

spurs this season are no different from the joke oil clubs. they're all being funded by idiot individuals, spurs is just more indirect

I wouldn't say that's true. The joke oil clubs lose nothing, they only gain players. Spurs lost one of the best players in the world and the man around which their entire team was based. It's not nothing.

Yen

Sterling has been playing great considering his age, but I was actually more impressed by Ibe(even though he featured 2 or 3 times in the 1st team).

Seems more composed and rational with the ball, unlike Sterling who turns into a bit of headless chicken whenever he's in front of the goal.

Shame Rodgers insists on using Moses for whatever reason.

Can't say I agree (apart from the fact Ibe should be ahead of Moses). Sterling has far greater game intelligence than Ibe. At U21 and U18, Ibe would rather try and beat 5 men than make a simple pass that has a greater chance of a goal. Ibe might be more physically developed but Sterling has a lot more to his game.

Hixx

Seems pretty unanimous that De Fanti got the sack due to the Ji bullshit. Turn down £5m in the summer and lose him for £500k in January. 4 months and <5 games later, he's dropped 90% of his value
KuGsj.gif

edit: some bastard's pulling my leg with that last bit so I removed it

Why doesn't Ibe go on loan like Wisdom did? Doing big Andre the world of good.

Sure there will be plenty of takers.

He's still at an age where we'll be coaching him the basics every day. Guess Rodgers would rather have him develop where we can keep a close eye on him, even if it means less meaningfu game time

Yen

Why doesn't Ibe go on loan like Wisdom did? Doing big Andre the world of good.

Sure there will be plenty of takers.

Ibe has recently returned from an ankle injury and was named on the bench for the Reds&#8217; game at Stoke City last weekend.

The former Wycombe Wanderers player has delighted Rodgers with his performances in training and the manager says he has the potential to be a &#8220;great player&#8221;.

But Ibe has featured just once for the senior side this season and Rodgers confirmed that they will look to secure him a loan deal at some point.

&#8220;Young Jordon Ibe is a boy that&#8217;s in and around the squad at the moment,&#8221; said Rodgers.

&#8220;We&#8217;re just balancing him. He has been outstanding in training.

&#8220;He was out for a few weeks with an injury but he&#8217;s a young player that&#8217;s learning all the time &#8211; he&#8217;s in no rush to go out.

&#8220;At some point we will have to get him regular game time in order for him to push on. At this moment in time, he&#8217;s on the bench and has got possibilities to play.

&#8220;He has shown every day in training that he&#8217;s at a really good level. But there will come a point where, if he&#8217;s not playing here regularly, he&#8217;ll need to get some game time because I think he can be a great player for us for the future.&#8221;

Tiago Ilori, meanwhile, is the subject of interest of Granada and, reportedly, Valencia.

The Spanish clubs want to take the 20-year-old defender on loan until the rest of the season.

Ilori, signed in the summer from Sporting Lisbon, has yet to feature for the first team and Rodgers says it is important for the Portuguese under-21 international to go and play games elsewhere.

&#8220;It&#8217;s something that we&#8217;ll look to do, certainly with young Tiago,&#8221; Rodgers said.

&#8220;He has come in and he now knows what Liverpool is about and the standards. It has been difficult for him in terms of game time because he hasn&#8217;t played. But he has come in and shown the profile of player we thought he would be.

&#8220;It&#8217;s the case that we&#8217;ll probably look to get him a loan period now, where he can get some games. As a defender, he needs to be playing. He&#8217;d certainly be someone that we&#8217;d look to get on loan.&#8221;
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-no-rush-loan-6521289
He only turned 18 in December

Splatt

Can't say I agree (apart from the fact Ibe should be ahead of Moses). Sterling has far greater game intelligence than Ibe. At U21 and U18, Ibe would rather try and beat 5 men than make a simple pass that has a greater chance of a goal. Ibe might be more physically developed but Sterling has a lot more to his game.

Well, my impression is based only on Ibe's first team appearances so perhaps I'm wrong.

Whatever the case, Moses should fuck off.

LiverpoolCLCampaign2013.gif

"not found"

sheeeeiiiit.

LiverpoolCLCelebations2015.gif

"this page is under construction"

Suarez, Sturridge, Sterling and Suso are gonna take you fuckers out next season :p

We haven't played you since 2007, I'd like a friendly in the summer. Juve as well, been 9 years since we played them

sohois

I wouldn't say that's true. The joke oil clubs lose nothing, they only gain players. Spurs lost one of the best players in the world and the man around which their entire team was based. It's not nothing.

It isn't' but in the end Spurs received about £40million more than what Bale was worth so you can't deny they received a huge amount of funding from the joke clubs.

FootballFan

LiverpoolCLCelebations2015.gif

"this page is under construction"

Suarez, Sturridge, Sterling and Suso are gonna take you fuckers out next season :p

We haven't played you since 2007, I'd like a friendly in the summer. Juve as well, been 9 years since we played them

Those were interesting games in 2007 lol. IIRC the post/crossbar was hit like 3 times.

Since then though, semi's is the worst we've done in the CL. And the team that beats us always wins the whole thing :(

We will continue to reach the semi's after we destroy City. #BelieveInGOAT #DefendingIsOverrated

It isn't' but in the end Spurs received about £40million more than what Bale was worth so you can't deny they received a huge amount of funding from the joke clubs.

Aah, but how do you determine "worth" other than by what someone's willing to pay? It's the same for all players, after all. Ultimately, we lost the best player in our team. Whether we got "more" in return is only a matter of degrees - oil clubs lose nothing, and we lost something pretty significant.

Obviously, btw, I'm talking about Clint Dempsey.

The problem is that it's not quite clear (to us outsiders) if his injury is actually getting better/healing.

Well, considering he had a paralyzed foot because of his injury, it's safe to say it is actually getting better. To which extent, though, no idea.

Dortmund signed Ji?

Ji from Sunderland?

Wat?

Can't do worse than Schieber and is for free.

2011–2014 Sunderland Apps 24 Goals(2)

Ji's stats at Sundlerland. lol is this the Lewa replacement?

Of course that's not the Lewandowski replacement, what are you thinking?

Ji looked alright internationally, too, though. I don't know, but the Premier League seems very difficult for strikers.

It's strange, though. When you look at strikers recently going from Germany to England, you'd think it's quite a lot easier to score goals in the PL, see Ba, Cisse and Dzeko, all had a very good start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom