• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyx

That's Villa fans for you. At the start of this month they wanted KdB on loan.... some of them really don't have a clue.

Footy fans in a nutshell I guess, very high expectations, even if they aren't realistic.

Hope the new signings can get the Villa away from the relegation spots.

confuziz

Banned
BeLYi0SCYAAgmVU.jpg

Guys we are 100% going to lose.

I'm never confident going to Chelsea even when we had a great team. Just such a tough ground to win at.

Our team is fucking awful now. We will get beat well, potentially badly.

I'd much rather Chelsea win tbh. I'd take being 4 points behind Chelsea and 8 points ahead of Man Utd any day.

Assuming we beat Villa? Draw confirmed.

Yeah, when you say it like that, a Chelsea win would be good. Any result would be good actually, win-win-win. As long as we beat Villa though. B-Rod pls

I'd much rather Chelsea win tbh. I'd take being 4 points behind Chelsea and 8 points ahead of Man Utd any day.

I was going to say wouldn't you rather United lose. If I was a Liverpool fan I'd be more concerned with putting points between Liverpool and United than finishing above Chelsea. Sometimes I think people forget United have Van Persie and also the Moyes x post-January United combo.

Only half joking about the last part.

Mastadon

Banned
As long as we beat Villa though. B-Rod pls

We made them look like world beaters at home last year. Awful result. Confident of a win this time though.

I was going to say wouldn't you rather United lose? If I was a Liverpool fan I'd be more concerned with putting points between Liverpool and United than finishing above Chelsea. Sometimes I think people forget United have Van Persie and also the Moyes x post-January United combo.

Yeah absolutely. We have a very outside chance of finishing higher than fourth truth be told. I'd much rather put some daylight between us and Utd, Spurs and Everton.

I was going to say wouldn't you rather United lose? If I was a Liverpool fan I'd be more concerned with putting points between Liverpool and United than finishing above Chelsea. Sometimes I think people forget United have Van Persie and also the Moyes x post-January United combo.

On the other hand though, there are 3 teams battling for fourth at this very moment. If Chelsea could be dragged into that, making it a battle for 2 spots instead of 1, it could be better for ourselves, Everton and Spurs.I think our GD is far superior to Man Utd's (could be wrong there) so that might as well be an extra point too.

City are the only team I'd say are guaranteed to finish in the top 2, and Chelsea will be there as well if they carry on this habit of just mechanically dispatching teams.

Screw it, a draw would be best. There, I've changed my mind twice in 10 minutes, from a Man Utd win, to a Chelsea win, and now to a draw :p

Do you guys reckon Sturridge has been 'fit enough' for a while, but was given an extra week or two to get closer to 100%? You'd never have been able to tell he'd been injured for a while when he came off the bench at Stoke. The joys of having 2 quality strikers, I guess. If only we could have done the same for Torres :(

qindarka

Banned
Guys we are 100% going to lose.

I'm never confident going to Chelsea even when we had a great team. Just such a tough ground to win at.

Our team is fucking awful now. We will get beat well, potentially badly.

Even I won't pretend we aren't favorites here but rest assured that the final score will not be ugly. Far worse teams have come to Stamford Bridge and lost only by the odd goal, most lopsided score all season has been 4-1 against Cardiff, and that game was closer than it looks.

sohois

Do you guys reckon Sturridge has been 'fit enough' for a while, but was given an extra week or two to get closer to 100%? You'd never have been able to tell he'd been injured for a while when he came off the bench at Stoke. The joys of having 2 quality strikers, I guess. If only we could have done the same for Torres :(

No. There are many different types of injury and each one has different recovery periods and different returns. Some injuries players will be out for a short while but return like nothing happens, over times it can be weeks of struggles and recurring injuries.

As for the Chel - ManU result, I'll say that for Liverpool it's honestly pretty much meaningless. Chelsea have just signed a midfielder for 20mil, they already had great depth and Mourinho has always been very good with rotation, there's on chance they don't improve on their points tally in the second half. Liverpool would have to pretty much win every game to overtake them. Arsenal will probably fall back once injuries catch up with them, but not City or Chelsea.

Utd, they simply are not a top 4 threat at this point in time. They could make some serious signings at the end of the window, but if they don't they are about as dangerous as Newcastle or Southampton. They can catch up with Liverpool if the club really slows down due to some crisis, but even then it will just be Everton taking the 4th spot.

Zabojnik

Juve - Samp tomorrow. Looks like we'll play with our best XI, which means Conte will indeed field a bunch of benchers against Roma in Coppa Italia on the 21st. That's it, then. La Decima dream is over. Good luck, Roma and Napoli.

Razor554

"Official: Barcelona have postponed the friendly they had planned to play in Qatar on 24 February. Not yet clear when game will be played."

Thank god

Why the fuck would you even book a friendly in middle of fucking season in the first place...

Fuck off Rosell

Bring Laporta back

Razor554

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 28 min
Warning: This will hurt you while you read: Alexis Ruano, Getafe defender, vs Barcelona suffered the rupture of the vein of one testicle

Damn

Not really.

Make bad expensive products that no one wants
??????
Loss.

But the difference in WiiU expectations. Going from 9m to 2.8m is unbelievable. Everyone knew that the 9m expectation was bollocks from the start, a borderline lie, but slashing it by over two thirds... :O

WiiU is dead. Beyond saving. Mario Kart and Smash Bros could be the greatest games ever made, nothing stops this sinking ship.

Juve - Samp tomorrow. Looks like we'll play with our best XI, which means Conte will indeed field a bunch of benchers against Roma in Coppa Italia on the 21st. That's it, then. La Decima dream is over. Good luck, Roma and Napoli.
We'll take the UEFA cup in Torino, too, if you're feeling generous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom