• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1LLER7

Nope. Was watching Ocean's 11.

I saw that England had Australia 9 wickets down with 44 runs left to get and figured there was a decent chance they'd win. Yet they fucked it up. I'd call it incredible, but this is just what they do.

You did the right thing

this sounds like Fulham to me
3AQmK.gif
3AQmK.gif
3AQmK.gif

Overpaid in the sense that they're paid at all

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
More from Falcao's interview since everyone is interested

“There has been a lot of speculation around European clubs interested in me, but I didn’t think too much about that. I tried to concentrate on my objectives, training to achieve important results.

“Claudio Ranieri had the ability to deal with many new players in the first year, creating harmony between them and also achieving results. It’s not easy and only someone with a great deal of experience could manage it. I hope it continues like this.

“I loved Roberto Baggio, while of the current Italy squad I like Andrea Pirlo. Giuseppe Rossi is very talented and Francesco Totti ought to be called up for international duty.

“Of course I like Balotelli! He is one of those players who loves to enjoy himself. He is eccentric, but he gives a little spice to football.”

Falcao also commented on Coaches Diego Simeone and Jose Mourinho.

“Simeone is without doubt one of the greatest managers in the world and what he’s doing with Atletico Madrid proves that.

“Mourinho is a Coach with a fantastic career, the titles that he has won speak for him and nobody can deny his capabilities. He has a different style, people might not like him, but that makes him special and football enjoy his eccentricity.

“Would I like to play for Mourinho? I’d never considered it. As of today it doesn’t seem possible, as we are on two very different paths and I have a five-year contract with Monaco.”

IceCold

Ronaldo and Falcao are good friends, maybe he'll come to Madrid? Ronaldo voted for him for the Ballon D'Or.

Also I discovered this gif today:

itWXP1pPGNLED.gif

pulga

Banned
Jupp dead too?

I'd say its part of the FootyGAF witch hunt but that cunt deserves it one way or the other

but beware

Barzul

The next manager of Arsenal will be Roberto Martinez when Wenger eventually retires. Can't really see Klopp taking over Wenger. I'd like Conte if it was possible.

Randdalf

The next manager of Arsenal will be Roberto Martinez when Wenger eventually retires. Can't really see Klopp taking over Wenger. I'd like Conte if it was possible.

Isn't there some Serbian bloke who's been tipped for the job? I think he's manager of the team in Japan that Wenger used to manage.

Barzul

Isn't there some Serbian bloke who's been tipped for the job? I think he's manager of the team in Japan that Wenger used to manage.
You mean Dragovic? Can't see the Arsenal board letting that happen. We were linked with Joachim Low as a potential replacement awhile back. Might fit in with our new German recruitment policy.

wedward

You mean Dragovic? Can't see the Arsenal board letting that happen. We were linked with Joachim Low as a potential replacement awhile back. Might fit in with our new German recruitment policy.

The board will do whatever Wenger says because they haven't a fucking clue.

Barzul

The board will do whatever Wenger says because they haven't a fucking clue.

I think they'll actually put a foot down when it comes to this. It's one thing to make risky decisions in the transfer market, you can recover from that. When it comes to choice of manager though, you have to be a lot more selective. It's why I'm a bit surprised United just let Fergie pick his successor.

wedward

I think they'll actually put a foot down when it comes to this. It's one thing to make risky decisions in the transfer market, you can recover from that. When it comes to choice of manager though, you have to be a lot more selective. It's why I'm a bit surprised United just let Fergie pick his successor.

There aren't a ton of options.

Salazar

ByjZcVj.gif

Shame that West Ham v Newcastle and Liverpool v Villa are early morning games. Wouldn't mind catching some of that. Don't give much of a toss about City obliterating Cardiff. Palace v Stoke could well be hilarious.

Greg Stobart ‏@gstobart 19h
One of the strangest aspects of the Zaha situation is that he looked really sharp in pre-season but been completely overlooked since #GoalTZ

Yeah no, Stobart. He didn't look really sharp.

And Slizz, Kealia Ohai - Houston draft pick.

Can't believe Dynamo seriously want 40 million for Yarmolenko. Even Gazprom wouldn't get tricked into paying that much.
We probably would.

Salazar

Vintage Moyes-blaming

If these rumours concerning Moyes' opinion of the lad in training are accurate then the manager is arguably culpable, for he has had plenty of time to solve the any problem and one which the player didn't arrive with either [so far as we are aware].

Gazza :(

Seems Napoli couldn't afford Levy's asking price for Capoue, now they are looking at Essien and M'Vila.

Good. It would have been stupid to sell him. I've had enough of us deciding every January that we're over-staffed and then finishing the season short in key positions.

dc89

So let’s get the ‘100 goals’ statistics out of the way, shall we? If the Blues manage to score against Cardiff this weekend, it would represent the quickest time that a Premier League team has managed to hit a century in a single season (beating Chelsea’s current record in the 2012-13 season by 8 matches).

City would also set a new record in terms of the fastest time taken by an English team to reach 100 goals in a single season should they net against the Bluebirds. A goal against this weekend’s visitors would beat Manchester United’s record set in 1957 by 19 days.

The Blues would also beat their own personal record by a whopping 46 days should they net against Cardiff City on Saturday. A record set by Kevin Keegan’s high flying City side in the 2001-02 season.

Manchester City’s current record in terms of the fastest number of games to reach 100 goals is 37 games; achieved in the 1925-26 season (although that game didn’t take place until 13th March). Should City find the net on Saturday, they would be this record by 3 games (54 days on the calendar!).

Taken from GOAT website.

So many records. Just one goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom