• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is no-one else interested in Inside Llewyn Davis :( looks fantastic.

other than that, also want to see:

Wolf of Wall Street
Her
12 Years a Slave
Grand Budapest Hotel
All is Lost
American Hustle
Mandela

and some other 2013 films i haven't seen yet.

Linius

Inside Lleywin Davis has been out since early december. Still need to go though.

Completely forgot The Grand Budapest Hotel, silly me

Kyoufu

Gravity is guff.

It's "Hey, isn't Clooney a charming cunt?" in fucking space.

Shit sack.

Read a funny tweet about Clooney in Gravity but I can't be arsed to find it.

The film is much more than that though.

Anyway, back to Football. Can't believe we lost to the Baby-faced Assassin AGAIN. All we need now is Cantona to manage a PL team and beat us too.

This is my first time in this thread, glad to see we're talking about real football here. It's about the unsanctioned world cup held in Patagonia in 1942. It's a pretty interesting watch they have actual footage from the games and in one game it's Nazi Germany vs some other team. The referee, which was Butch Cassidy's son (wearing a cowboy hat, a revolver, and shorts) makes a call that the other team didn't like. One of the team members went up to him and pushes his hat off. Butch Cassidy's son then pulls his revolver out and fires it once in the air. Everyone backs off as he walks over to pick up hit cowboy hat. Was funny to see, guess football wasn't like it once was.

Apparently it was also the first time they looked over recorded film to see if a goal was made or not before making the call.

Here's a trailer for it, was quite the fun watch.

Salazar

Neal Stephenson's Reamde is good.

Reamde is a technothriller novel by Neal Stephenson, published in 2011. The story, set in the present day, centers on the plight of a hostage and the ensuing efforts of family and new acquaintances, many of them associated with a fictional MMORPG, to rescue her as her various captors drag her about the globe. Topics covered range from online activities including gold farming and social networking to the criminal methods of the Russian mafia and Islamic terrorists.

Usual Stephenson tings. Funny.

Clegg

This is my first time in this thread, glad to see we're talking about real football here.
unsanctioned world cup held in Patagonia in 1942. It's a pretty interesting watch they have actual footage from the games and in one game it's Nazi Germany vs some other team. The referee, which was Butch Cassidy's son (wearing a cowboy hat, a revolver, and shorts) makes a call that the other team didn't like. One of the team members went up to him and pushes his hat off. Butch Cassidy's son then pulls his revolver out and fires it once in the air. Everyone backs off as he walks over to pick up hit cowboy hat. Was funny to see, guess football wasn't like it once was.

Apparently it was also the first time they looked over recorded film to see if a goal was made or not before making the call.

I haven't seen it, but I'm intrigued and will now watch when I find it. Cheers for the heads up.

This is my first time in this thread, glad to see we're talking about real football here. It's about the unsanctioned world cup held in Patagonia in 1942. It's a pretty interesting watch they have actual footage from the games and in one game it's Nazi Germany vs some other team. The referee, which was Butch Cassidy's son (wearing a cowboy hat, a revolver, and shorts) makes a call that the other team didn't like. One of the team members went up to him and pushes his hat off. Butch Cassidy's son then pulls his revolver out and fires it once in the air. Everyone backs off as he walks over to pick up hit cowboy hat. Was funny to see, guess football wasn't like it once was.

Isn't it a mockumentary?

Entire episode ruined by 2 people

1: This cunt who looks like a cross between a Hobbit and a mid-transformation werewolf, and acts like he's just been clubbed over the head with a truncheon

Russell-Tovey-001.jpg

2: Whichever moron cast him.

@Clegg, he's the actor Doctor Who deserves

Salazar

I read Snow Crash and The Diamond Age last year and really enjoyed both a lot. I'm trying to decide what of his to read next.

I've read the Baroque Cycle, Cryptonomicon, and now this - all damned good. Can't honestly fault the Baroque Cycle books.

Watched a Dorin Rotariu youtube. Good, for a foetus. Not opposed to some swooping. Dunno if he can cross the ball but young highly rated wingers are welcome.

Lol. If he leaves Bayern it will be because of game time yet you think he will just go sit on City's bench? Never happen. That's the reason Dzeko wants to leave

He won't be on the bench if he's playing well. Dzeko doesn't start because he isn't converting his chances, Negredo and Aguero do. Mandzukic can come in and fight for his spot, he's good enough.

Lightning

Banned
He won't be on the bench if he's playing well. Dzeko doesn't start because he isn't converting his chances, Negredo and Aguero do. Mandzukic can come in and fight for his spot, he's good enough.
With the amount of clubs, say Chelsea, who can offer pretty much guaranteed first team football good luck with that.

Salazar

Christian Machowski ‏@Christian_ESEM 11m
The excellent @Rafanelli reports this morning, that Real Madrid tried to hijack Lewandowski transfer to Bayern by offering 81m Euro.

lol

Most shameful club in world football ? Probably.

FootballFan

The excellent @Rafanelli reports this morning, that Real Madrid tried to hijack Lewandowski transfer to Bayern by offering 81m Euro.

lol

lol what a disgrace.

lol

Was there ever a doubt about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom