• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bootaaay, is it true than if you say "relegation" 5 times in front of a mirror, Big Sam's face appears?

What a horrifying sight that would be, but I don't think that one's true - however, if you say "Harry Redknapp" 5 times in front of a tinted passenger-side car window, it might just roll down and 'arry will give you a sound-bite about some player he admires but can't talk about because that'd be tapping up.

Elchele

United signed Vidic in the January window of 2006. If you look hard enough you'll always find gems.

Only cost £6m too. Of course that probably couldn't happen in this age. Signing a world class defender for a relative pittance is unfathomable now.

Clegg pls.

Dante - €5M

I'm not talking about January, Mario is my summer wish.

Not happening

"We have absolutely no intention of letting Mario go. I just like to recall his goal at Wembley in London... he’s a magnificent player who has come on superbly at Bayern. He has a contract with us until 30 June 2016, and I told his agent that we’re certainly prepared to consider extending it" –Rummenigge

We don't know how long it will take to Lewa to adapt to the new system. So Mandzukic could end up being or starter striker at least in the first half of season. And Pep rotates a LOT anyway. We're yet to play the same line-up twice I think.

Lol. Jan Kirchhoff already injured at his second day with Schalke...

Jan pls. Understandable, it must be difficult to do physical activity after sitting on the bench for 6 months.

Hahaha, I can't

There's more about this Real offer than that tweet indicated. Last December, Perez ordered some lawyer (allegedly a pre-contract "breaker" expert) to make Lewandowski sign for Real. Real offered Lewandowski a 6 year contract with 9.5m a year, a 10m signing fee and 14m for his agents. So, although the 81m offer sounds like a lot, it's not really far from what Bayern is paying.

Now comes the hilarious part, Bayern heard about it at the club world cup. Hoeneß allegedly ranted: "That's a declaration of war!". And then Rummenigge got scared as shit and called Watzke asking what we are doing with Lewandowski and Real. We. looooool

This story just keeps on giving.

This can't be real :eek:
Real Madrid are just a joke club nowdays

No one would've taken Lewandowski if we had not stepped in. No one. Götze? Pffft, who would've been willing to pay a low fee for the potentially biggest German talent in a decade? No one I tell you, no one. Bayern must be evil.

People that write these articles probably haven't followed Bundesliga at all. They watch their EPL highlight reel after being told by the commercial it's the best league in the world and then they write a bullshit article like that. Greediest sports team in the world? How do they even come up with that shit?

We've had one amazing season and everyone starts to lose their shit.

Lewa would have left, that's pretty clear. But Gotze would still be there in Dortmund most likely, maybe if Barcelona had come he would've left but I don't think any other clubs were even aware of the time-limited release clause.

What a horrifying sight that would be, but I don't think that one's true - however, if you say "Harry Redknapp" 5 times in front of a tinted passenger-side car window, it might just roll down and 'arry will give you a sound-bite about some player he admires but can't talk about because that'd be tapping up.

t'riffic lad.

L1NETT

Are Steve Mcclaren's mighty Ram army on next?

If Wisdom is allowed to play in cups looking forward to him tearing Azpilliecuta a new one.

Good stuff from Forest. West Ham do look like a B side.

slider

The only apparent positive from our team is Driver. We look weak and our shape is all wrong.

And what's Fat Sam doing? Sitting in the stand with an earpiece pretending he's cutting edge. Yeah, talk about psychology and nutrition you stupid fat cunt.

The only apparent positive from our team is Driver. We look weak and our shape is all wrong.

And what's Fat Sam doing? Sitting in the stand with an earpiece pretending he's cutting edge. Yeah, talk about psychology and nutrition you stupid fat cunt.

Watch it, he could manage Barcelona

slider

Fuck it, I'm switching to 5 to watch Cowboy Builders with Melinda Messenger. As for footy, I'll spend this month hoping Arsenal sign a top notch forward.

Can't tell if Forest are actually this impressive or West Ham are just that poor.

Neither. Forest are performing well against a West Ham team that features five U21 kids who haven't made a sub appearance this season, let alone started a game.

But, regardless, Sam has them set up to lose with an utterly toothless formation, again.

We don't know how long it will take to Lewa to adapt to the new system. So Mandzukic could end up being or starter striker at least in the first half of season. And Pep rotates a LOT anyway. We're yet to play the same line-up twice I think.
I'd say it depends on the rest of this season. If Götze (or Müller) starts as fake 9 in the important CL matches, I can see Mandzukic wanting to leave. Forward number 3, not sure he wants that. However, if he starts the important matches/Götze as fake 9 has failed, then it's very likely that Mandzukic will fight for his spot.

This can't be real :eek:
Real Madrid are just a joke club nowdays

I don't see so much wrong with Real's behaviour to be honest. Bayern had a (somewhat illegal) pre-contract with Lewandowski for like months, if not a year or more. Real gave it a try and like I said, when you look at how these 81m would have been used, it's not even a crazy offer.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Alessio Secco has been sacked from his role as Sporting Director of Serie B club Padova.

and on his birthday

happy birthday CUNT

FTcxD7l.gif

Hixx

Can we have some team news pls Sunderland so I can decide whether to be mad or just annoyed that we are playing 48 hrs before the biggest game of our season kthx

Walshy

Can't tell if Forest are actually this impressive or West Ham are just that poor.
A mix of both really, Forest are doing okay in the Championship and West Ham are shit.

Yeah the whole team is ripping it up.

Pity Bryson is out for today's game, rate him

And they signed Patrick Bamford (from Chelsea).
Are they playing him RB? Most Liverpool Fans think he will eventually go to a CB but he impressed a lot when he played RB for us, I would actually have him over Johnson at this moment in time.

Hindle

Banned
With regards to the Bundesliga:

Is there a reason why the German FA doesn't put a stop to what Bayern are doing, as They've all but destroyed German football

L1NETT

RB i think Walshy, he slotted in where Brayford was after he left to ruin his career at Cardiff.

Chris Martin the big lad up front has been scoring a few but he has got the touch of a sledgehammer.

Is there a reason why the German FA doesn't put a stop to what Bayern are doing, as They've all but destroyed German football

Sorry but wut

German football is terrific at the moment, best value for money. Would love to have the German FA instead of our plonkers. Safe standing and a beer? Good job.

What do you want, a salary cap? Good idea that actually.

Feorax

Are they playing him RB? Most Liverpool Fans think he will eventually go to a CB but he impressed a lot when he played RB for us, I would actually have him over Johnson at this moment in time.

Agreed. Wisdom and Flanagan (on current form) are great options to have. Think Kelly's time is done sadly...

Elchele

I don't see so much wrong with Real's behaviour to be honest. Bayern had a (somewhat illegal) pre-contract with Lewandowski for like months, if not a year or more. Real gave it a try and like I said, when you look at how these 81m would have been used, it's not even a crazy offer.

They are splashing money everywhere, money they don't even have. I'm surprised they haven't learn they can't buy they way to success after so many years

Walshy

Agreed. Wisdom and Flanagan (on current form) are great options to have. Think Kelly's time is done sadly...
It's depressing how little effort Johnson puts into matches now, especially since it's coincided of Rodgers and FSG wanting him to take a pay cut.

Kelly is finished, he can barely last a match these days.

It's depressing how little effort Johnson puts into matches now, especially since it's coincided of Rodgers and FSG wanting him to take a pay cut.

Kelly is finished, he can barely last a match these days.

I am shipping Johnson out of my fantasy team. What a useless pile of want.

Hixx

"‏@SAFCofficial 17s
Duncan Watmore included in a first-team squad for the first time - he's on the bench today and will wear squad number 41."

YES

He's like James McClean but with ability
p0QHO.gif

Mannone, Gardner, Dossena, Ki, Brown (C), Celustka, Larsson, Colback, Johnson, Ji, Altidore.

ffs Poyet that is MINGING

Why play Ki and Brown against cloggers, man. Our two best players :| Happy to see Ji and Jozy play though, confidence builder hopefully.

Hindle

Banned
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

ibiCtdrWItE0lc.gif

Your league is the sporting equivalent of watching paint dry. Buying the best players from rival teams is some messed up shit lol. The German FA need to be providing more money to the other teams in the league so they don't have to sell to Bayern all the time.

Hindle

Banned
"Hey Germans, stop watching the matches on TV, stop going to the matches. Why is your average attendance so much higher than in the Best League in the World™? It's not fun, why are you entertained. Stop it, stop having fun, stop liking your teams and matches. Why is no one stopping them?"

The attendance won't be higher for long. The more predictable your league becomes the more interest people will lose.

Linius

People like to exaggerate the Bayern stuff, but there is some truth in there looking at recent years. You guys are buying the best players from competitors, imagine you get Draxler/Reus too. Every talented German player seems to be going to Bayern these days. That's not really helping Bayerns image to foreigners.

lol what

What should the DFB do? You're not allowed to sign players from other German clubs? You are only allowed to spend 30m a season? Why would they even do that? The DFB should rather put a stop on the Hoffenheims and Leipzigs out there.

They are splashing money everywhere, money they don't even have. I'm surprised they haven't learn they can't buy they way to success after so many years

But they could do with another striker. What would be the difference to all the Falcao rumors for example? Would be even more expensive.

L1NETT

The attendance won't be higher for long. The more predictable your league becomes the more interest people will lose.

But people aren't being priced out, and football is still football only the muppet fans will stop going and stop following their team.

What exactly do you think the FA should do?

--

Credit to West ham for their youngsters, Fanimo, Burke and the like seem to be decent prospects where some plastic club would have brought on a 32 year old on 4 million a year.

Games are actually fun to watch, even in the lower table sides, unlike what happens in EPL. So I don't think so

Both leagues are good, can't we all be frwundz. Why turn it into a juvenile war at every opportunity.

Hixx

Their attendances are higher because:

a) its more affordable
b) you can stand
c) you can drink in the stands
d) deals sorted out with public transport on match days
e) you aren't treated like scum because you are going to a football match

Linius

a) its more affordable
b) you can stand

EPL ticket prices are insane. I'm glad I can go to Ajax games for a fair price.

L1NETT

a) its more affordable
b) you can stand

No Hixx didn't you get the memo?

Football is a business, not a community centre. Don't let our horrible fans drink!

Our fans can afford it.

tehe

Yen

a) its more affordable
b) you can stand

Shanks D Zoro strongly disagrees with the Bundesliga's approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom