• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

arkon

glad someone watched it at least
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif

I watched it three times. I was welling up inside..

2013 was an amazing year for films. There's still so much I need to see like Her, Blue Jasmine, Before Midnight, Captain Phillips, and so many more. Way, way better than 2012 was.

Kyoufu

01. Captain Philips
02. Gravity
03. Django Unchained
04. Mud
05. Lincoln
06. Silver Linings Playbook
07. Prisoners
08. Rush
09. Blue Jasmine
10. The Way, Way Back

The list I posted a few days back. Based on what has been released in Dutch theaters this year. Also haven't seen every possible top ten film of course.

Great list tbh. I'd shake your hand.

Gravity floored me. I went in thinking it'd be another turd Sandra Bullock film but wow, such space, much floatiness. I wonder what it's like in 3D...

L1NETT

I've scored more runs than Cook and I haven't played cricket for like 2 years. What a chump.

---

20th Feb, ouch.

Would add Mud, Alan Partridge AP (might not be everyone's cuppa), The Selfish Giant and The World's End to the movies list.

Selfish Giant is so so good.

Bumhead

Banned
Oh shit. Wes' first victim.

I've much love for Aston Villa.

Like I said, one of English footballs great clubs.

To see a club like Aston Villa reduced to third round fodder against a shithouse outfit like those snort beast cunts is heartbreaking. Especially when Lambert has been in the press all week telling anyone who will listen how much he doesn't care about the cup.

It's an appalling attitude to a competition that a club like Villa should be looking to win.

Linius

Gravity floored me. I went in thinking it'd be another turd Sandra Bullock film but wow, such space, much floatiness. I wonder what it's like in 3D...

I take it!

---

20th Feb, ouch.

Would add Mud, Alan Partridge AP (might not be everyone's cuppa), The Selfish Giant and The World's End to the movies list.

Selfish Giant is so so good.

Saw AP a few days back. First Alan Partridge thing I ever saw. Thought it was quite funny, but I think I would have enjoyed it more if I had seen the series before.

The World's End is also great yeah.

Kyoufu

nooooo

you HAVE to watch in 3D koofoo!

Unfortunately I suffer from motion sickness so that's a no go.

Honestly I was nauseous from start to finish even watching the 2D version. Space is fascinating but the thought of drifting away is just terrifying.

L1NETT

Cook is a fantastic player. Had a rough series though.

Honestly? He isn't. Sure he scored a bunch of runs for a couple of series but he is dodgy technically and crumbles under pressure as captain. When we were winning btb Ashes the Aussie team was so poor. We become fairly even and he folds completely.

Put it this way, Trescothick is twice the man and twice the player. I've played with people who played with cook and apparently he's a horrible little shit.

----

Ooops two more films

The Act of Killing
Kings of Summer

Sorry to go OT here, but this is football.

What's that wanker Gary Cook doing now? Dad, my brother and I hated that prick, hope he's not letting the likes of highes spunk shit up the wall at other clubs.

Lightning

Banned
Honestly? He isn't. Sure he scored a bunch of runs for a couple of series but he is dodgy technically and crumbles under pressure as captain. When we were winning btb Ashes the Aussie team was so poor. We become fairly even and he folds completely.

Put it this way, Trescothick is twice the man and twice the player. I've played with people who played with cook and apparently he's a horrible little shit.
You're very critical. Australia have been excellent this series and you can fault pretty much all of the English top order on this tour. Bit harsh to just lay the blame at Cook's doorstep. It's what happens when things go south but very harsh for me. I've seen a few great innings from Cook.

Carbonox

I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaally want to see American Hustle, Wolf of Wall Street and 12 Years a Slave. No other film is in mind right now other than those 3.

Gravity in 3D is the most impressive cinematic experience I've ever had. 3D should be removed from here on out unless someone has the balls to attempt anything like it.

I could absolutely not watch this film again unless in 3D, mind. The thought of such an inferior method of viewing makes me shudder. It's that fucking good in 3D.

Linius

Liked The Kings of Summer! Library in my town is showing Short Term 12 later this month. Looking forward to that.

The Spectacular Now was good too btw.

L1NETT

You're very critical. Australia have been excellent this series and you can fault pretty much all of the English top order on this tour. Bit harsh to just lay the blame at Cook's doorstep. It's what happens when things go south but very harsh for me. I've seen a few great innings from Cook.

Ehhh maybe I am but I've never really rated him that highly. Seen so many better players come and go.

They've all been shite, but coach and captain get the main blame. And picking K fucking P.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
American Hustle is fantastic. Best movie I've seen in some time.

Saw the Mandela movie earlier tonight, pretty decent biopic I guess but just.. safe? So much more could have been done with that incredible story. Elba is good at least.

Lightning

Banned
Ehhh maybe I am but I've never really rated him that highly. Seen so many better players come and go.

They've all been shite, but coach and captain get the main blame. And picking K fucking P.
Carberry makes starts gets out, Joe Root been awful, Ian Bell been poor and thats your top order.

Your bowlers have been pants. Australia at 97-5 yet they still make over 300 runs and they done that more than once this series. You can't just blame Cook and now you blame the manager? Why? It's just one series. Regroup and go again. No need to go head hunting.

L1NETT

Gravity is guff.

It's "Hey, isn't Clooney a charming cunt?" in fucking space.

Shit sack.

I hope you get relegated and Nigel Clough beats you 6-0 next season with Febian Brandy scoring a hattrick and doing a lap of the city in honour.

:p

Did you see it in IMAX 3D?

Cricket snip.

Oh I blame a lot more than Flower, and a lot more than this series. The whole Loughborough chummy favourite system needs uprooting and redoing, but I could write an essay about the england selections and youth system. Having been close to it, it fucking sucks.

Regroup isn't really feasible, once a coach breaks and the mentality of a team goes it is very hard to get back. Need to regroup with fresh faces, that much is obvious. There is no coming back from a whitewash.

Yen

I really want to see Worf of Wall Street, American Hustle, 12 Years a Slave, Her, and Mandela. Wish I was back at uni so I could just walk to the indie cinema nearby, rather than being stuck in the countryside unable to drive :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom