• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Is he an artist?

u tell me

Ax4CUb8CEAAmCGy.jpg

Might as well go for Berba, unless you think he'd offer significantly more than Berba?

I don't know, but he's a completely different player. Sure, you can use him up front, but it's not his best position.

We tried.

Leg-End

You should cash in on Kagawa, and if Moyes has a personal problem with Zaha, cut your losses with him as well.

Unless we are flipping Kagawa to Dortmund in a Gundogan deal then I'd rather keep him for now. Zaha needs to start getting some game time or we might as well ship him out on loan somewhere, he is learning very little sitting in the stands.

Lightning

Banned
^Berba makes way more sense honestly, since he's a CF!

8m is a fucking bargain. He's easily worth double that figure.
Berbatov's goal scoring record sucks. It doesn't make sense. He would come to play the odd game and sit on the bench collecting his money. I also despise his attitude.

Even if he came on an 18mth contract we would be lucky to get 8 pl goals out of him in that time.

Salvadora

Wenger had significant praise for Costa. The type of praise he used for Suarez.
He is incredible at the moment, so that's no surprise.

I would just be hesitant about being confident for a move. His stock might reach an all-time high after the World Cup in Brazil.

Baki

I would just be hesitant about being confident for a move. His stock might reach an all-time high after the World Cup in Brazil.

Which is why getting him last summer wouldve been the best move. Now we need to try in January because we have no chance in summer.

Lightning

Banned

Costa has only shot to fame this season. The hype is ridiculous, especially from Arsenal fans, who need to get it through their heads to stop talking about him he is never going to play for us. You would think he has seasons of goal scoring heroics the way Arsenal fans have gone on and on about him instead it's only this season the others he's not been that good.

I am more interested in getting that Mario off Bayern now that Lewa is going there. That target is actually achievable.

wedward

I think a lot of people assume these deals are easier than they actually are. You often see people who assume its as simple as purchasing a can of coke.

Which is why getting him last summer wouldve been the best move. Now we need to try in January because we have no chance in summer.

Other way round imo

He won't do anything to jeapordise his very real chance of being Spain's lone striker at the World Cup, and there's a widespread thought that the SFA would punish him for leaving the league by not playing him at the WC

@Lightning, this is his first season playing as a bona fide striker for a decent team I think

Barzul

I'd rather stick we've got than sign another subpar player who will only hold us back in a couple of seasons. Jackson Martinez has a 34m release clause, although I'm not sure he's worth that much. We should try and get a striker on loan or short term contract.

wedward

I'd rather stick we've got than sign another subpar player who will only hold us back.

How would that hold us back? If they are cheap, who cares? Worth the gamble. This is our best chance to win the league in a long time. Might as well take the risk.

Costa doesn't look as good as Suarez ;_;

I'd like to go back in time and see what would have happened if you'd offered us £60m

Would we have accepted it, would Suarez have protested if we rejected it, how would we have spent the money, and how well would he be playing for yous lot? Would have been very interesting

Baki

Other way round imo

He won't do anything to jeapordise his very real chance of being Spain's lone striker at the World Cup, and there's a widespread thought that the SFA would punish him for leaving the league by not playing him at the WC

@Lightning, this is his first season playing as a bona fide striker for a decent team I think

Hmm, yeah I see where you are coming from. I think it's too late for him. Madrid will buy him in the summer.

I'd rather stick we've got than sign another subpar player who will only hold us back in a couple of seasons. Jackson Martinez has a 34m release clause, although I'm not sure he's worth that much. We should try and get a striker on loan or short term contract.

It's better to have options than to have none. Which is why I don't mind a bit of a gamble in January. It could win us the league.

Linius

Yo guys what were your favourite/best movies from 2013?

Missed a lot of movies last year.

01. Captain Philips
02. Gravity
03. Django Unchained
04. Mud
05. Lincoln
06. Silver Linings Playbook
07. Prisoners
08. Rush
09. Blue Jasmine
10. The Way, Way Back

The list I posted a few days back. Based on what has been released in Dutch theaters this year. Also haven't seen every possible top ten film of course.

Yo guys what were your favourite/best movies from 2013?

Missed a lot of movies last year.
1. 12 Years A Slave
2. Nebraska
3. Blue Is The Warmest Color
4. Prisoners
5. Gravity
6. The Wolf of Wall Street
7. Europa Report
8. Don Jon
9. The Place Beyond The Pines
10. The Counselor

Still got a few more to see from last year.

Linius

1. 12 Years A Slave
2. Nebraska
4. Prisoners
5. Gravity
7. Europa Report
8. Don Jon
10. The Counselor

1, 2 and 6 are not yet released here :(

3 I missed in theaters. Will get to it eventually.

FootballFan

01. Captain Philips
02. Gravity
03. Django Unchained
04. Mud
05. Lincoln
06. Silver Linings Playbook
07. Prisoners
08. Rush
09. Blue Jasmine
10. The Way, Way Back

The list I posted a few days back. Based on what has been released in Dutch theaters this year. Also haven't seen every possible top ten film of course.

1. 12 Years A Slave
2. Nebraska
4. Prisoners
5. Gravity
7. Europa Report
8. Don Jon
10. The Counselor

Thanks, I've only seen

01. Captain Philips
02. Gravity
03. Django Unchained

from your lists.

Bumhead

Banned
Just got back from our match at Macclesfield.

Dire. Without Roger Johnson and Connor Wickham we are a lower half League One team. Appalling.

Also well done to Sheffield United. Seriously. Fuck Paul Lambert and fuck Aston Villa. I understand finishing 16th is more important than winning something but hey.

What a shame for one of English footballs great clubs.

L1NETT

12 Years comes out in like 5 days here. Can't wait.

Gonna put a cheeky bet on Derby. In fucking banging form, fancy them.

--

Bum, if you beat Leeds on the 11th I will give you the biggest digital man hug ever.

Then humpty dumpty might get sacked.

Just got back from our match at Macclesfield.

Dire. Without Roger Johnson and Connor Wickham we are a lower half League One team. Appalling.

Also well done to Sheffield United. Seriously. Fuck Paul Lambert and fuck Aston Villa. I understand finishing 16th is more important than winning something but hey.

What a shame for one of English footballs great clubs.

Oh shit. Wes' first victim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom