• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hindle

Banned
lol what

What should the DFB do? You're not allowed to sign players from other German clubs? You are only allowed to spend 30m a season? Why would they even do that? The DFB should rather put a stop on the Hoffenheims and Leipzigs out there.

But they could do with another striker. What would be the difference to all the Falcao rumors for example? Would be even more expensive.

It's not good for one team to have so much power over the others. I recall reading statements from a Bayern chairman where he stated his concern over how one sided the league is becoming.

Saying this though, the main priorities of the German FA and Bayern are likely the same. They want total dominance in the CL, so I don't think they give a shit about thier domestic league any more.

FOREST FOREST FOREST!!!

also, germans go to the matches cause it's mandatory, otherwise you get drafted to the Luftwaffe and sent to die over Soviet skies.

Elchele

It's not good for one team to have so much power over the others. I recall reading statements from a Bayern chairman where he stated his concern over how one sided the league is becoming.

Saying this though, the main priorities of the German FA and Bayern are likely the same. They want total dominance in the CL, so I don't think they give a shit about their domestic league any more.

Selling the league to overseas is easier when you have the best team in the world in your league. And selling the league to overseas is their main priority right now I believe.

For example in México and Central America from this season on, EPL is not longer on Fox Sports/ESPN now you have to put a dish/Sky antenna service to watch it. Now Bundesliga is the main league broadcasted by ESPN to everyone. Surely a huge boost for the league in those countries. And people are following it because of Dortmund and Bayern (and Guardiola)

Hindle

Banned
Their attendances are higher because:

a) its more affordable
b) you can stand
c) you can drink in the stands
d) deals sorted out with public transport on match days
e) you aren't treated like scum because you are going to a football match

Entertainment is key as well, and let's face it, the winners of the 2014/2015 season will be Bayern and the winners after that...... will be Bayern.

slider

Not that I was expecting, or even wanting, a win but the manor of this likely defeat is awful. I'd have liked at least some bright spot. Guess I'm glad some youngsters got a run out.

The thing that really annoys me how friendly / accepting everyone on the telly seems to be about Fat Sam.

To be fair, I don't really like the current situation and what we have become that much either. The sums paid to players and clubs these days are just insane.

Players deserve what they are paid, they are the talent. I would rather see Ronaldo getting paid 20 million a year than just see the Glazers pocketing money.

Best in the world.

Still gets defeated by 2 english sides at home

Come on now. We got outclassed at the Emirates by BM and it was a gutsy performance at theirs, but 9/10 they would beat us at home. City also got ripped to pieces at home.

The attendance won't be higher for long. The more predictable your league becomes the more interest people will lose.

That's complete nonsense. How many teams are actually playing for the title? Certainly not more than 3 a season. Playing for the title will only help shitty clubs with no proper fans (Leverkusen/Wolfsburg) to sell out their stadiums. Even when we battled relegation a few years ago, there were more than 70k people in the stadium. And fans of Freiburg/Augsburg/etc won't stop going to the stadium just because Bayern wins the league.

2010-12-07-15-00-50-6-sam-allardyce-the-manager-of-blackburn-rovers-k.jpeg

didamangi

3-0, wow.

Not that I was expecting, or even wanting, a win but the manor of this likely defeat is awful. I'd have liked at least some bright spot. Guess I'm glad some youngsters got a run out.

The thing that really annoys me how friendly / accepting everyone on the telly seems to be about Fat Sam.

Gambling on Carroll really bites you on the ass this season.

sohois

Blair Turgott whoop whoop! Ex Bradford

Go on my son.

GOOOAALLLLLLLL

Big Sam nah nah nah

Blair Turgott? He's still at West Ham? I remember watching him in the u-17 world cup and he was unbelievably bad, yes even taking into account his age. Maybe he just had a particularly poor tournament, but still some surprise at how he still has a career at this level

That was just Hoeneß being a cunt lol

He said the German league is becoming like Spain (two big clubs playing for the title) just to announce Bayern signing Götze a few days later. He was still hurt we fucked them in 2011/12.

a gift that keeps on giving.

Allegri what the fuck

edit: last post what the fuck

I have stopped defending him now. I would love to see the reaction in Milan to that comment. I reckon he is just trolling them until he can get Berlusconi to fire him so he can leave before the summer and relax.

Hindle

Banned
That was just Hoeneß being a cunt lol

He said the German league is becoming like Spain (two big clubs playing for the title) just to announce Bayern signing Götze a few days later. He was still hurt we fucked them in 2011/12.

I thought that was a bit weird for him to go make that statement then sign Gotze lol.

A few seasons ago Schalke were in the semi finals of the CL, due to Bayerns behaviour those days are gone and there will be a point where only they can compete in both the CL and Bundesliga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom