• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
he might be nice and all, but he was always overrated. If he had scored one of those two easy chances we would have been 2-0 and gone on to win. Everyone always shits on Totti for not producing for the national team
which has always been a load of bollox
and somehow Del boys poor performances are never mentioned
mainly because he is from Juventus.

I guess I am morally wrong :D

edit: anyways i am off to bed, game is on 4.45am for me. It better deliver.

edit edit: and yes the defending collapse at the end is shocking.

Del Piero and overrated in the same sentence -_-

and it IS true about Totti with Italy, a couple of MOTM performances won't change that.

sohois

Mclaughlin and Texieria should of had chances by now.

Guess Rodgers might not rate them?

Gerrard is more likely to score than anyone in that front line. No McClaughlin is strange to me, can cover RB and LB

McClaughlin has been injured for about a month now and is very likely not fit to play today, assuming he has even recovered by this point.

Brannagan's inclusion is certainly a strange one, and seems like more politics a la Smith's substitution than really because he deserves a shot.

Hixx

Jozy pls

wtzgU.gif

Scum

Sheffield United v Norwich or Fulham
Birmingham or Bristol Rovers or Crawley v Manchester United or Swansea
Bournemouth or Burton v Liverpool or Oldham
Blackburn or Manchester City v Bristol City or Watford
Derby or Chelsea v Stoke
Wigan or MK Dons v Crystal Palace
Stevenage v Everton
Arsenal v Coventry
Rochdale v Macclesfield or Sheffield Wednesday
Southend v Hull City
Nottingham Forest v Ipswich or Preston
Port Vale or Plymouth v Brighton
Huddersfield v Charlton or Oxford
Southampton v Yeovil
Bolton v Cardiff
Sunderland or Carlisle v Kidderminister or Peterborough

If we win today our 4th round game will be the first time in 13 draws we aren't playing a PL team in either domestic cup.

Moyes, thank you.

United or Swansea get Crawley?

Oh dear. I remember the last time we played them. Wasn't pretty.

Crawley are the ultimate cunt football club

Bankrolled at the time with money that was orders of magnitude higher than their nearest competitor, managed by someone who used his position to launder money and was convicted for it (which laughably doesn't result in a lifetime ban from the FA), and sponsored by The S*n.

is Ravel just hype?

He's been anonymous his last few games (also had an injury), but started off really well. Ravel was the star of United's youth team 3 years ago. He was more impressive than Pogba. He has great technique, glides when he dribbles like all of the most talented footballers, is a great finisher, and pulls off amazing shit from time to time.

The problem is that unlike Pogba, he had a loser mentality. During his United days, he would show up late to training and sometimes miss training for days. He also had legal problems. He hung around a bad crowd in Manchester, and although all of his teammates say he's a nice guy to them, his friends influenced him to do stupid shit to the point that he was lucky to not be behind bars.

The hype surrounding his potential is real, but you never know with a player like him. If you don't work hard, you'll never fulfill it.

Basically, It wouldn't surprise me if he never fulfilled his potential and it wouldn't surprise me if he did fulfill it.

Bumhead

Banned
Spent most of yesterday speculating that Rochdale away would be the worst possible game for us.

So of course we've got it.

Have to beat Macclesfield first though.

Salvadora

I want Gnabry to go to Swansea/Cardiff on loan because he should be playing every week, but he also could be useful for us because he's brilliant.
tumblr_mywtg6268K1sva2fko1_500.gif

Lovely little moment of fatherly nurturing during the match. <3 Rosicky.

L1NETT

Who's Derby's big players? Obviously apart from Will Hughes.

Keogh (skipper) and Bryson are out injured.

Martin up top gets the goals, and ward is usually quite nippy. Dawkins (ex Spurs guy) has done alright as well.

Keane from your mob needs to have a big game too.

Feorax

Wisdom looks solid as fuck

Part of me wonders if we have a recall option.

But really, that's an incredibly short sighted view. He's doing so well there and obviously comin on leaps and bounds. Be much better for him to keep deceloping and come back to us a much stronger player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom