• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fergie

Banned
That's Helenius. Not Kozak.

By the way, a guy claiming to be ITK for Villa lately said Kozak was out for the season at about lunchtime today but there were no media sources reporting it, or on twitter. Seems we have a legit one for a change.
OiX3uQf.png

Actually realised it afterwards. Got them confused I guess.

Being out for the season with a innocuous tackle causing a leg break. Must be heartbreaking.

Wes

venison crêpe
OiX3uQf.png

Actually realised it afterwards. Got them confused I guess.

Being out for the season with a innocuous tackle causing a leg break. Must be heartbreaking.

Our two big signings of the summer, Kozak and Okore, both going to end up missing large portions of this season. Remarkably, Okore may make it back for the last handful of fixtures I believe.

Lightning

Banned
That Higuain story is too crazy.

Maybe the recent injuries have depleted them, but I mean in terms of being a physical side.
He's going to have to get used to that. Most teams in the pl are physical. Chelsea, Newcastle, Stoke, West Ham, Crystal Palace among others are all physical teams.

Wes

venison crêpe
Not that I think too many people care about Villa's dealings here but the insider said we're targeting two people in January; an attacking midfielder currently in the premier league and a loan signing to boost experience and morale for the club.

That was before Kozak got injured. Maybe we'll ask for Guidetti on loan from City finally?

The whole post talking about Lambert is an interesting enough read, particulary for rodvik and AA if they happen to catch this post.

Also:
Kristof Terreur ‏@HLNinEngeland
Steven #Defour is not the first choice of #AVFC manager Paul #Lambert. He's on Villa's list of possible targets, though he'll be expensive.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Not that I think too many people care about Villa's dealings here but the insider said we're targeting two people in January; an attacking midfielder currently in the premier league and a loan signing to boost experience and morale for the club.

That was before Kozak got injured. Maybe we'll ask for Guidetti on loan from City finally?

The whole post talking about Lambert is an interesting enough read, particulary for rodvik and AA if they happen to catch this post.

I care

we care

post whatever you want.

wedward

He's going to have to get used to that. Most teams in the pl are physical. Chelsea, Newcastle, Stoke, West Ham, Crystal Palace among others are all physical teams.

He is 16. Lets not rush it. He just came back after being injured for 2 months.

Lightning

Banned

Also:
Kristof Terreur ‏@HLNinEngeland
Steven #Defour is not the first choice of #AVFC manager Paul #Lambert. He's on Villa's list of possible targets, though he'll be expensive.
We care. Post away your transfer dealings!

Elchele

Of course it wouldn't.

You were beaten twice in 2013 by English teams.

in meaning less matches, yes.
if you think Bayern would have a hard time in any other league you're delusional. Maybe RM or Barcelona in top form would be a problem, but in a league system Bayern would be on the far top

Lightning

Banned
if you think Bayern would have a hard time in any other league you're delusional. Maybe RM or Barcelona in top form would be a problem, but in a league system Bayern would be on the far top
You're the delusional one. You were one goal from elimination and 1 goal from dropping to runner up. Your Bayern arrogance undermines you, Barca went through this as well when they had the dominate team.

pulga

Banned
Why the hell would Chelsea go after a CL-tied striker

Why the hell would Napoli even think about selling their star striker

Why the hell am I even bothering

LegoArmo

Mark Clattenburg is being investigated by referees’ chief Mike Riley after Southampton accused him of ‘abusing and insulting’ their captain, the England star Adam Lallana.
I find this hilarious.

Elchele

You're the delusional one. You were one goal from elimination and 1 goal from dropping to runner up. Your Bayern arrogance undermines you, Barca went through this as well when they had the dominate team.

In the Arsenal match the players thought they had won the fixture already and got fucked. I'm not going to deny how great the Wenger's tactical approach was for that match.

And you're talking about the Dortmund - Bayern final? where Dortmund needed a penalty to score against us? We deserved to win the title and so we did.

Bayern would boss any league right now, it isn't arrogance. Like I have said before, I don't like how Bayern plays under Pep and I think it has a lot of flaws but that doesn't change the fact that we're the best team in the world right now and there's nobody in our level to compete on a league system. On a knockout phase, sure, we're very open to be eliminated.

Baki

Don't be delusional Jupp. Also I'd like to see Bayern perform without their winter break.

Salvadora

Jupp, England has multiple teams who have had unlimited financial power in the last decade, world class managers and multiple teams with some of the best players in the world.

stop, please.

rvy

Banned
Someone bring the Arse down a peg already or this thread will become sad and hilarious in the next few weeks. Already they behave like roosters inside their chicken houses.

wedward

In the Arsenal match the players thought they had won the fixture already and got fucked. I'm not going to deny how great the Wenger's tactical approach was for that match.

And you're talking about the Dortmund - Bayern final? where Dortmund needed a penalty to score against us? We deserved to win the title and so we did.

Bayern would boss any league right now, it isn't arrogance. Like I have said before, I don't like how Bayern plays under Pep and I think it has a lot of flaws but that doesn't change the fact that we're the best team in the world right now and there's nobody in our level to compete on a league system. On a knockout phase, sure, we're very open to be eliminated.

Once Pep takes his doping back to Spain you will be seeing more images of your team crying in the center of the pitch.

Bayern's gameplan would be torn to pieces in EPL or La Liga cos they wouldn't be able to buy their nearest rivals best player every year.

Lightning

Banned

Bayern would boss any league right now
I'm talking that if City scored the 4th goal against a strong Bayern team it would be Bayern facing Barcelona instead of City.

Bayern also needed penalties to beat Mou's Chelsea. Stop pretending Bayern can steam over everyone they come across without competition.

Leverkusen on their day can give Bayern a game, Dortmund on their day can too, the rest can't and rely more on luck or Bayern beating themselves than anything else.

Elchele

Jupp, England has multiple teams who have had unlimited financial power in the last decade, world class managers and multiple teams with some of the best players in the world.

stop, please.

world class managers like... Moyes, AVB, Bruce, etc? pls. If anything that's the biggest problem of the PL.

I'm not saying Bayern wouldn't lose a match against Arsenal, Chelsea or Manchester City. I'm saying nobody would be able to win on a league system with Bayern right now

Walshy

I don't know whats more bizarre:
- Bidding £50m for a striker who just moved in the summer and who is cup-tied in Europe.
- Bidding £50m for Higuain of all people.
- Looking to sell de Bruyne for £25m, a crazy valuation.
- Thinking that Mata is around the same value of de Bruyne and that he needs to be sold.

Lightning

Banned
Someone bring the Arse down a peg already or this thread will become sad and hilarious in the next few weeks. Already they behave like roosters inside their chicken houses.
The Mesut Ozil effect!

I agree with Jupp.

If Bayern were in the PL I don't think they'd have dropped more than 6/7 points.
Playing every 3 -4 days, even over Christmas, and having offsides and penalty decisions go against them like the top PL clubs do?

Elchele

I'm talking that if City scored the 4th goal against a strong Bayern team it would be Bayern facing Barcelona instead of City.

Bayern also needed penalties to beat Mou's Chelsea. Stop pretending Bayern can steam over everyone they come across without competition.

Leverkusen on their day can give Bayern a game, Dortmund on their day can too, the rest can't and rely more on luck or Bayern beating themselves than anything else.

what's your point? Dortmund can trash Arsenal without much problem when they have full squad too.

Just because clubs have more money in PL that doesn't mean they're better than the Bundesliga clubs. Outside of Arsenal, Man City and a couple more it is a pain to watch the kind of football the pl clubs play. Bayern would destroy the rest without much problem.

Again, I'm not saying Bayern can't lose against Man City, Arsenal, etc. They surely could lose, but on a league system it wouldn't matter. What makes Bayern big is the amount of talent in the squad, the confidence/need to win every match and the lack of conformism.

K1LLER7

world class managers like... Moyes, AVB, Bruce, etc? pls. If anything that's the biggest problem of the PL.

I'm not saying Bayern wouldn't lose a match against Arsenal, Chelsea or Manchester City. I'm saying nobody would be able to win on a league system with Bayern right now
Agree.

The team is capable of playing in any league imo. Would lose 2 times vs Stoke though :p

Lightning

Banned
what's your point? Dortmund can trash Arsenal without much problem when they have full squad too.

Just because clubs have more money in PL that doesn't mean they're better than the Bundesliga clubs. Outside of Arsenal, Man City and a couple more it is a pain to watch the kind of football the pl clubs play. Bayern would destroy the rest without much problem.

Again, I'm not saying Bayern can't lose against Man City, Arsenal, etc. They surely could lose, but on a league system it wouldn't matter. What makes Bayern big is the amount of talent in the squad, the confidence/need to win every match and the lack of conformism.
Dortmund have played 4 games against Arsenal. Won 1, draw 1 and lost 2 so I don't agree at all.

Salvadora

I don't disagree with the point that Bayern would win the EPL if they were in it, but it wouldn't be a one team league like you initially said Jupp.

Too much money and talent for that.

Fry

Two questions about House of Cards 1.11

Why would he kill him?!

What caused his death? It was unclear to me.

LTWheels

I don't know whats more bizarre:
- Bidding £50m for a striker who just moved in the summer and who is cup-tied in Europe.
- Bidding £50m for Higuain of all people.
- Looking to sell de Bruyne for £25m, a crazy valuation.
- Thinking that Mata is around the same value of de Bruyne and that he needs to be sold.

Yeah.

Listening to podcasts today, I'm under the impression that Chelsea need to sell to buy additional players due to ffp implications next season if they buy without selling. But that valuation of Bruyne is ridiculous, and bidding £50m on a cup tied striker is even sillier.

Is it only the telegraph reporting this?

Brendan, Mata pls...

Elchele

I don't disagree with the point that Bayern would win the EPL if they were in it, but it wouldn't be a one team league like you initially said Jupp.

Too much money and talent for that.

I think it is a bit tricky to look at the table right now, Dortmund is having a very hard time with all the injuries and trying to fit a Gotze replacement.

Surely if Dortmund were in normal situation, the difference in points wouldn't be that bigger. That being said, I don't see any of the current EPL teams doing much better than what a "fit" Dortmund could do.

wedward

If you transplanted Bayern to the EPL they would stomp the league with no problem.

Can a team like Bayern exist in the EPL. No.

Closest thing we have is United and they are miles away currently.

jtb

Banned
It's a real shame that Ba to Arsenal loan never worked out. I'd take him over Berbatov.

I like Berbatov but we already have a pretty lazy front line with Giroud and Bendtner. I'd rather just take my chances with Podolski and Walcott getting occasional games up front than add a very very short term stopgap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom