• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

wedward

paul-ince-blackburn-football.gif

He's up against the best.

I don't get your argument. There are tons of shitty Spanish, Italian, Portuguese and German managers.

Nobody cares about how english the Premier league is.

People like it because it is relatively competitive.

operon

rvy your nearly as deluded as Celtic/rangers fans who tell us they would do brilliant in the EPL whereas in reality they would do well to win the championship. obv Bayern are better but certainly would find the EPL tougher.

Elchele

It's not a coincidence that no European top team wants any part in having an English manager. Hell, not even Europa League teams want English managers outside of English teams. Really now, who wants some dude named Nigel, that wouldn't know the difference between a 4x4x2 and a horse's ass, as their head coach? Only an English team. Even more shocking? Nigel would probably win enough games to stay in the EPL. He has a lot of passion. A lot of harsh defenders who tackle a lot and some export from some African country, who runs like a deer and can probably score extra-time goals.

Just like it's not a coincidence that no successful English club HAS an English manager. And by success I mean actual titles, not winning "the big game", like Chelsea used to do.
Whatever the fuck that meant for them. I thought a big game is a league title game.

Their national team coach is Roy Hodgson. Roy Hodgson.

Do you understand how fucking monumental this is? Roy Hodgson!

Downloading. Taking a long time. These Czech chicks are the death of me.

You don't have to talk me into this, I agree 100% and that's my main problem with EPL and people saying it is the "best league". Pls
Also agree about Wenger, Arsenal is the only team constantly worth watching in the EPL, playing football from this century and such. Not needing to waste 100M each transfer window to try to hide the fact that their football sucks

rvy

Banned
I don't get your argument. There are tons of shitty Spanish, Italian, Portuguese and German managers.

Nobody cares about how english the Premier league is.

People like it because it is relatively competitive.

People like it because you market yourselves as the best league in the world (TM) by stealing talent from other countries with your petrodollars.

You do realize that's the way it is in every league?

You do realize that my point is that English managers, unlike managers from any other country where football matters in Europe, are braindead. Therefore, if you say you don't care about the English part of the EPL, I have no idea how you watch it, since there are so many braindead managers.

rvy your nearly as deluded as Celtic/rangers fans who tell us they would do brilliant in the EPL whereas in reality they would do well to win the championship. obv Bayern are better but certainly would find the EPL tougher.

What are those? Those teams from Ireland?

Yeah, that league has a lot of passion and harsh tackling as well. Only Irish team I watch is the Celtics and Patriots.

LegoArmo

Celtic would do brilliantly in the Premier League... eventually. Even if they got relegated, it'd still earn them ten times what they earn in Scotland. Revenue would be through the roof.

But that's never going to happen, and I'm glad for that.

People like it because you market yourselves as the best league in the world (TM) by stealing talent from other countries with your petrodollars.

Yeah, that league has a lot of passion and harsh tackling as well. Only Irish team I watch is the Celtics and Patriots.
Are you a Patriots fan?

wedward

You do realize that my point is that English managers, unlike managers from any other country where football matters in Europe, are braindead. Therefore, if you say you don't care about the English part of the EPL, I have no idea how you watch it, since there are so many braindead managers.

Lol. Marketing. Why don't all the other leagues market themselves as the best league in the world?

Every league has braindead managers.

And lol at the Patriots being "Irish"
Just like every thread has braindead posters.

Elchele

EPL is the best league

If it was Arsenal + Man U + oilmoney clubs then yes. But the rest of the league is like watching honduran football really, boring to dead
the tactical part of the game is stuck in the last century, and so are the players

Omg we're so shit. Our rivals will catch us up. This game is a disgrace.

*Winning 2-0*

lack of conformism, the Sammer effect
you wouldn't know

operon

rvy plz for the love of all that us holey I wouldn't any Irish league/ premier league of Ireland game but besides that Celtic and Rangers are Scottish

Kassu

Banned
EPL is best league.

Serie A is my guilty pleasure.

Other leagues are shit unless underdogs somehow manage to win so almost never.
Atletico pls

Jupp pls.

Do you really think Sammer and Bayern are the first team to have a relentless desire to win and have you seriously labelled this as a "lack of conformism".

AVB would be proud.

rvy

Banned
Lol. Marketing. Why don't all the other leagues market themselves as the best league in the world?

Are you a moron? You do realize that Italy, Portugal and Spain aren't swimming in Sheiks, Russians and insane TV contracts, right? You do realize that, unlike in England, people make a bit of a sacrifice with their money in order to watch a match in a stadium, right? You do realize that these countries economies are in the shitter?

And lol at the Patriots being "Irish"

Good thing you got that it was a joke.

Just like every thread has braindead posters.

Yeah, the wedwards of the world.

wedward

Just look at this thread. Most EPL fans watch lots of EPL games, not just the team they support.

Bundeliga and La Liga posters only watch Barca, Madrid, Bayern or Dortmund. They never talk about watching Getafe v Espanyol. Never heard anyone talk about shitty German team #5 vs shitty German team #15.

No why? Because those teams are shit and boring.

Are you a moron? You do realize that Italy, Portugal and Spain aren't swimming in Sheiks, Russians and insane TV contracts, right? You do realize that, unlike in England, people make a bit of a sacrifice with their money in order to watch a match in a stadium, right? You do realize that these countries economies are in the shitter?

Good thing you got that it was a joke.

Yeah, the wedwards of the world.
You're wrong about the sacrifice.

You're very wrong about that.

wedward

Are you a moron? You do realize that Italy, Portugal and Spain aren't swimming in Sheiks, Russians and insane TV contracts, right? .

You didn't answer my question. If it's just marketing, why don't the other leagues market themselves as the best league in the world. If, as you claim, the EPL is lying when they claim that, why don't other leagues?

Spain might not have Sheiks or Russians, but they do have Spanish banks ready to bend over.

Elchele

And if were being serious for a second I don't care if it's the best league or not. It's fun and I like it.

my main complain is I find it to be far from fun. only the matches between the top teams are (sometimes) fun to watch, the rest of teams play dull and boring football not worth a minute of your time

That's why I like the Bundesliga, even the lower teams try to play good looking football. Except Bremen.

pls

You have no idea.

In handegg? I don't really support anybody. I watch the Pats from time to time.
Youre a Patriots fan.

You make me sick.

my main complain is I find it to be far from fun. only the matches between the top teams are (sometimes) fun to watch, the rest of teams play dull and boring football not worth a minute of your time

That's why I like the Bundesliga, even the lower teams try to play good looking football. Except Bremen.
Yeah but good football doesn't necessarily = fun.

rvy

Banned
You didn't answer my question. If it's just marketing, why don't the other leagues market themselves as the best league in the world. If, as you claim, the EPL is lying when they claim that, why don't other leagues?

Because they can't go around signing the best players in the world and broadcast those games to whatever countries the EPL is broadcasted in. England has at least 4 or 5 clubs that have the ability to spend ridiculous amounts of money on players. No other country in the world has that. This allows them to market themselves as the best league in the world because they have a handful of teams with the best talent in the world.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
the PL is surprisingly boring this season. I'm serious.

United must come back to life again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom