• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvy

Banned
I'd rather just take my chances with Podolski and Walcott getting occasional games up front than add a very very short term stopgap.

And this is why Arsenal hasn't won shit in 10 years, because of dumb shit like this.

Salvadora

I think it is a bit tricky to look at the table right now, Dortmund is having a very hard time with all the injuries and trying to fit a Gotze replacement.

Surely if Dortmund were in normal situation, the difference in points wouldn't be that bigger. That being said, I don't see any of the current EPL teams doing much better than what a "fit" Dortmund could do.
That's the thing, you would have to take that "fit" Dortmund and multiply it a few times for Arsenal, City, Chelsea, United and a few others of lower standing, each gunning for Bayern Munich.

Walshy

Yeah.

Listening to podcasts today, I'm under the impression that Chelsea need to sell to buy additional players due to ffp implications next season if they buy without selling. But that valuation of Bruyne is ridiculous, and bidding £50m on a cup tied striker is even sillier.

Is it only the telegraph reporting this?

Brendan, Mata pls...
Chelsea are crazy, you thought they would of tried harder to get a forward in the summer then?

I read that Cheslea have never lost a game that Mata has started... maybe Mourinho has a point?

Just the telegraph reporting it so far.

jtb

Banned
And this is why Arsenal hasn't won shit in 10 years, because of dumb shit like this.

I'd agree if he was an upgrade (even a marginal one), but he's not. He's just an extra body to be played in the event everyone gets injured.

Lightning

Banned
We might win EPL, but it would be a lot harder than Bundesliga, let's not be delusional. EPL overall is stronger and has more teams (i.e. less time to rest), so it would be much harder.

While United have been the (most) dominating team for quite some time, there's been a lot of competition. Bayern for the most part had usually only one real competitor and another "underdog" competitor, like Leverkusen.
Bayern would be clear favourites for the EPL. No one doubts Bayern's great team but when you play Chelsea, City and Arsenal one after another like the epl with cl games against say Napoli or Atletico Madrid mixed in like epl clubs have to do its very hard to just dominate them all. That's why epl clubs drop more points in our league because the strain of the fixtures is much harder.

Bayern with their current team would win it but it wouldn't be like the current Bundesliga comfortable.

Elchele

That's the thing, you would have to take that "fit" Dortmund and multiply it a few times for Arsenal, City, Chelsea, United and a few others of lower standing, each gunning for Bayern Munich.

I don't see any of those teams on the same level as Dortmund, to be honest. City are on their way there with Pellegrini but Chelsea and United? don't think so. Arsenal are also lacking something

Also why would you put United in the example instead of Liverpool? :lol

but yes, I get your point. Still I think Bayern would be ahead of the rest, not as far ahead as they're right now but still.

Salazar

i'll make the next one.

TLur1Gr.gif

rvy

Banned
EPL supporters are more deluded about the quality of their league than Benfica supporters are about their chances of winning the title. And those are pretty deluded.

Salvadora

What do you mean rvy?

Everyone agreed that Bayern would win the EPL but have a tougher time than the Bundesliga. Nothing delusional in that.

arkon

Sam Allardici would run tactical rings round any manager in the Bundesliga. Bayern wouldn't know what hit 'em.

Let's not even get started on the Stoke match-up.

Bayern would be clear favourites for the EPL. No one doubts Bayern's great team but when you play Chelsea, City and Arsenal one after another like the epl with cl games against say Napoli or Atletico Madrid mixed in like epl clubs have to do its very hard to just dominate them all. That's why epl clubs drop more points in our league because the strain of the fixtures is much harder.

Bayern with their current team would win it but it wouldn't be like the current Bundesliga comfortable.

Well, it's a stupid discussion anyway considering that a team like Bayern being in the PL would have changed a lot in the history of the PL and British clubs, too.

But if you just took the current Bayern and placed it in the PL, they would destroy it. See, they maybe wouldn't do it with the current squad but they would find a way. After us winning the Bundesliga two times, and especially after the second half of the season in 11/12, the whole club, and especially Hoeneß, wanted to be the best again. So they built a squad that can/must win every Bundesliga match and can still "easily" play for the CL title. That's what they'd do in the PL.

Although it looks like they'll need to force Pep not to do a lot of crazy shit right now lol

rvy

Banned
What do you mean rvy?

I mean that EPL supporters have no clue as to how shit their league really is. The EPL boils down to extra-time goals (because you have enough money to pay for top players), PASSION and harsh tackles. And the only two guys who do anything different are:

A crazy man from France, who created the best thing to ever come out of the EPL in 2004/2005, but got his ass destroyed by Dinho. Probably one of the few people in England who actually knows football and TEACHES football. Too bad he's either a spawn for Scrooge McDuck, or surrounded by his children, so he ain't gonna win shit in the next forever.

A Portuguese swagmaster who had to teach those bumheads at Chelsea that you should try to win every game and get every point, as opposed to just trying to win the "big games".
Which is sort of min-blowing to me, because I had no idea that irrelevant teams such as Chelsea was prior to petrol money had any part in "big games".

it's the year of Sporti... i can't say it.

#DEAD

what a cuzão, who doesn't know what a giallo movie is?

#DOUBLEDEAD

#DOUBLEDEAD

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Better question

Can Bayern win La Liga, in its current form, more than once? No.

Eventually Madrid and Barca will turn them into a Valencia and then rip them apart.

+

Bayern's gameplan would be torn to pieces in EPL or La Liga cos they wouldn't be able to buy their nearest rivals best player every year.

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

rvy

Banned
:lol rvy and lambda are great

It's not a coincidence that no European top team wants any part in having an English manager. Hell, not even Europa League teams want English managers outside of English teams. Really now, who wants some dude named Nigel, that wouldn't know the difference between a 4x4x2 and a horse's ass, as their head coach? Only an English team. Even more shocking? Nigel would probably win enough games to stay in the EPL. He has a lot of passion. A lot of harsh defenders who tackle a lot and some export from some African country, who runs like a deer and can probably score extra-time goals.

Just like it's not a coincidence that no successful English club HAS an English manager. And by success I mean actual titles, not winning "the big game", like Chelsea used to do.
Whatever the fuck that meant for them. I thought a big game is a league title game.

Their national team coach is Roy Hodgson. Roy Hodgson.

Do you understand how fucking monumental this is? Roy Hodgson!

rvy go back to searching for pussy and leave the football to us

Downloading. Taking a long time. These Czech chicks are the death of me.

wedward

I mean that EPL supporters have no clue as to how shit their league really is. The EPL boils down to extra-time goals (because you have enough money to pay for top players), PASSION and harsh tackles. And the only two guys who do anything different are:

A crazy man from France, who created the best thing to ever come out of the EPL in 2004/2005, but got his ass destroyed by Dinho. Probably one of the few people in England who actually knows football and TEACHES football. Too bad he's either a spawn for Scrooge McDuck, or surrounded by his children, so he ain't gonna win shit in the next forever.

A Portuguese swagmaster who had to teach those bumheads at Chelsea that you should try to win every game and get every point, as opposed to just trying to win the "big games".
Which is sort of min-blowing to me, because I had no idea that irrelevant teams such as Chelsea was prior to petrol money had any part in "big games".

#DEAD

#DOUBLEDEAD

#DOUBLEDEAD

PRAISE WENGER.

Salvadora

Wait, again, what?

What Viva said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom