• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about Buttner, but I am wondering when United fans are just going to accept that Fabio probably isn't good. It doesn't matter that he did ok in a CL final a few years ago, in the end it is still just one game. Since then he's been passed over by Fergie, passed over at QPR and passed over by Moyes.
It's more about using him ahead of the others.

He is definitely better than Buttner and I would rather have him at RB than Smalling just because he knows how to play there, Smalling hasn't got a clue.

Also we ran Evra in to the ground which probably contributes to the way he is now.

Clegg

I remember when he was available for a few games that Moyes didn't play him.
That doesn't really mean anything. You don't always parachute a player right back into the first team when he's declared fit.

The fact is that after missing out on a couple of games, Rafael reestablished his position as first choice right back.

That doesn't really mean anything. You don't always parachute a player right back into the first team when he's declared fit.

The fact is that after missing out on a couple of games, Rafael reestablished his position as first choice right back.

Agreed, I was obviously mistaken.

I don't know about Buttner, but I am wondering when United fans are just going to accept that Fabio probably isn't good. It doesn't matter that he did ok in a CL final a few years ago, in the end it is still just one game. Since then he's been passed over by Fergie, passed over at QPR and passed over by Moyes.

He wasn't passed over by Fergie. He loaned him out to get him game time because he plays Evra every time. He was pretty good at QPR too, but missed a lot of games due to injury. He also started not to play as soon as QPR were guaranteed relegation.

Fabio was never bad. He just had Evra in front of him and was plagued with injuries.

Chicha would be a good Lewandowski replacement.
Nah.

Lewandowski can do a lot more with his back to goal and down the channels.

Hernandez isn't good enough to the the starting forward for any of the top teams, IMO. Strikers have to do a lot more nowadays.

K1LLER7

Nah.

Lewandowski can do a lot more with his back to goal and down the channels.

Hernandez isn't good enough to the the starting forward for any of the top teams, IMO. Strikers have to do a lot more nowadays.
He has improved on that aspect of his game. Not at Lewandowski's level but I think he would get 20+ goals if he was to go there.

confuziz

Banned
By the way, for a rubbish league like the Eredivisie, seeing 4 ex-Eredivisie players on the field in the United - Swansea match isn't all that bad.

Yen

4sUWa0z.jpg

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Moyes looks like he's given up. He'll be checked into rehab with 'exhaustion' soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom