• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 defeats in the last 6 home games.

He's fucking killed us. He even looks dead sat on the touchline.

Get rid and get someone in who is good enough. I'm going to cry if he gets 2/3 seasons and starts to build a squad cause that will be the final nail in the coffin for us. We'll be the new lolerpool.
He won't be sacked unless things get a fair bit worse than this.

bjaelke

We'll be the new lolerpool.

Please. We won the Carling Cup.

DPF0eN8.jpg

Basically he needs to start actually managing the team and start setting them up to win games and stop other teams playing.

From the interviews I've seen it's like he thinks he team will manage itself as he's "working with the champions". No fool, you're meant to MANAGE and LEAD the champions, you don't work with them, they work for you.

Man needs to start doing his job and bring something of his own to the table. Even if it's doing things the way he did at Everton. At least then they would be difficult to beat.

This. This is also why we needed a manager who thought differently than fergie. Might as well have taken in Martinez

An Ode To Man Utd's January

3 points for a change
See the luck I've had, can make a good team turn bad
So please please please
let me let me let me
let me, get who I want, this time

Haven't won a game in a long time
See the games we've had, can make a good coach, bad
So, for once in my life
let me, get who I want
Lord knows, it would be the first time
Lord knows it would be the first time

GHG

This. This is also why we needed a manager who thought differently than fergie. Might as well have taken in Martinez

I hear AVB is looking for a new job. At least if you want to go for a "long term project" he will take you in that direction and start implementing new things. Much better manager than people give him credit for IMO.

Scum

We really need to move away from this constant wing play.

Basically he needs to start actually managing the team and start setting them up to win games and stop other teams playing.

From the interviews I've seen it's like he thinks he team will manage itself as he's "working with the champions". No fool, you're meant to MANAGE and LEAD the champions, you don't work with them, they work for you.

Man needs to start doing his job and bring something of his own to the table. Even if it's doing things the way he did at Everton. At least then they would be difficult to beat.

United's wingplay was godly when Cristina was around. It's now a pointless venture when you have to rely on Young or Valencia for it. He shouldn't be sacked. He shouldn't give up and quit/walk away. What he can do is something like this:

4-3-1-2
---------------- RvP ------- Rooney ------------
--------------------- Kagawa --------------------
----- New CM --- Carrick --- Fellaini -----
Coentrão ------ Jones ----- Evans ------ Rafael

4-2-3-1
------------------- RvP/Rooney -----------------
Adnan ------ Kagawa/Rooney ----------- Zaha
--------------- Carrick --- Fellaini --------------
Coentrão ------ Jones ----- Evans ------ Rafael

Do something different from Fergie.

I hear AVB is looking for a new job. At least if you want to go for a "long term project" he will take you in that direction and start implementing new things. Much better manager than people give him credit for IMO.

I am going to give Moyes time till end of season. Business needs to be done in transfer window.

My fear though is that if we don't qualify for the CL players won't be attracted to the club.

Giving him until the end of the season makes no sense.

The season is a write off, you don't make changes in January which change your season.

If you wanna back him - then you have to give him til at least the end of the 2014.

Rad-

No reason to sack Moyes now. Next summer is where he either proves himself or not. That would also give the board some needed time to think about the next potential manager if it comes to that. There isn't anyone suitable available now imo. But next year there might be. For example Ole, if he does well for Cardiff.

Clegg

The worst thing about these losses is that the other teams haven't played particularly well. You used to have to be on the top of your game to best United. Now you just need to press a bit and we fall to pieces.

LegoArmo

Apparently a strike force of Rooney, van Persie, Hernandez and Welbeck isn't good enough.

The problem is quite clearly the service from the wings and midfield.

GHG

I am going to give Moyes time till end of season. Business needs to be done in transfer window.

My fear though is that if we don't qualify for the CL players won't be attracted to the club.

I think as a club man United would still be a good draw for a lot of good players out there. However, is Moyes as a manager a good enough draw for players from across the continent?

That's the question you've got to ask. If you were to drop out of the CL then the 1st question would be what's the name of the club, and for now you'd still tick that box. Then would come questions about the playing style, manager and long term vision/project that he's building. It could all fall flat on its face at that point.

Lightning

Banned
Giving him until the end of the season makes no sense.

The season is a write off, you don't make changes in January which change your season.

If you wanna back him - then you have to give him til at least the end of the 2014.
He will get until at least the end of next season. United and Arsenal are not so trigger happy in sacking managers.

Scum

^^
Why does Kagawa justify a start though? He has been annonymous for most of his United performances.

Because he was good for Dortmund and always has a list of excuses being made for him when he does fuck all for months on end.

Hitch5-0, pls. He should be a regular started, playing in the hole behind a striker or two not prancing around as an AML every now and then.

Hindle

Banned
No reason to sack Moyes now. Next summer is where he either proves himself or not. That would also give the board some needed time to think about the next potential manager if it comes to that. There isn't anyone suitable available now imo. But next year there might be. For example Ole, if he does well for Cardiff.

He should be given three seasons IMO. Let him build his own team, and see what he can do then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom