• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

Giving him until the end of the season makes no sense.

The season is a write off, you don't make changes in January which change your season.

If you wanna back him - then you have to give him til at least the end of the 2014.
Not making Champions League, losing Vidic on a free and Rooney acting up for a transfer all summer might make that much more difficult.

He should be given to the end of 2015 imo.

WJD

The worst thing about these losses is that the other teams haven't played particularly well. You used to have to be on the top of your game to best United. Now you just need to press a bit and we fall to pieces.

Pretty much. I was astounded when people were sucking Spurs' arsehole the other day saying how brilliant they were. Fuck that, we were just fucking shite. Same today and it was the same against Everton. Teams can rock up here, hold on under some moderate pressure and just kill us with a couple of simple balls through the middle.

GorillaJu

Apparently a strike force of Rooney, van Persie, Hernandez and Welbeck isn't good enough.

The problem is quite clearly the service from the wings and midfield.

I take it to mean that you need an attacking player to be creative. The French guy was right - you're relying completely on Januzaj to create. He's a kid. A good kid but he shouldn't bare the brunt of the entire attack.

I think as a club man United would still be a good draw for a lot of good players out there. However, is Moyes as a manager a good enough draw for players from across the continent?

That's the question you've got to ask. If you were to drop out of the CL then the 1st question would be what's the name of the club, and for now you'd still tick that box. Then would come questions about the playing style, manager and long term vision/project that he's building. It could all fall flat on its face at that point.

I think not being in CL is big issue. Sure the rest can be an issue too. If Moyes can't guide us to a CL spot this season there is no reason a transfer prospect would believe he can do it next one.

Lightning

Banned
He should be given three seasons IMO. Let him build his own team, and see what he can do then.
Basically this.

United have Evra, Rio, Vidic, Giggs etc all coming to the end who will need replacing and Moyes will then have his own team to judge. Not fair judging him managing Fergie's team when a large chunk of the players needed replacing.

A transition season. Have patience United.

justjohn

He should be given three seasons IMO. Let him build his own team, and see what he can do then.
Three is not long enough. He needs to serve out his six years to really bring the best out of united. He's also very lucky to be at a club that has owners and fans with the class to give him all the time he needs to achieve his vision.

Fergie

Banned
Moyes really does look dead.

I hope he's doing those 50 scout reports per player. Summer is going to be big.

Doesn't help that there are injuries. But he needs to see that some players really aren't trying. Give others a chance.

I like Ginola.

Not making Champions League, losing Vidic on a free and Rooney acting up for a transfer all summer might make that much more difficult.

He should be given to the end of 2015 imo.

Well it will make it harder - but that's just the hand he's been dealt with.

No point making excuses about it.

Clegg

Basically this.

United have Evra, Rio, Vidic, Giggs etc all coming to the end who will need replacing and Moyes will then have his own team to judge. Not fair judging him managing Fergie's team when a large chunk of the players needed replacing.

They're the players that have formed the spine of one of most successful sides ever. Possibly the most successful side in our history. It's gonna take more than one transitional season before we get anywhere near back to our best.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Trezeguet is tearing up

fucking everything and everyone

fuck Juve too

I wish he played for Fergie and won everything with him

Marc

Hahaha, oh man, this season has been the gift that keeps on giving. Especially for a Londoner surrounded by cockney Man U fans.

Moyes looks like the nice lad they hired in the office post room, who is a bit retarded, but everyone gives him extra special attention and praise. One day they decide to let the employee's vote for the new CEO, some vote for him trying to make him a 'winner' as he was in their eyes. The rest are guilt tripped into it. Somehow he actually wins and now everyone is stuck with him as he turns the office into a pirate boat. No one has the heart to tell him to fuck off.

TeegsD

I still believe Moyes can do it but he seriously needs to break out of the Fergie mold. It barely worked for Fergie in these past few seasons and its obviously not working out for Moyes at all. However, blame should also be put on some players because its astonishing how many undeserved people get to put on a United jersey

Leg-End

I'm not really buying the give him 3 years crowd, why? If he can't get this team playing to an at least acceptable level then why would you trust him to build his own side and spend presumably millions doing it?

At the very least he should be maintaining decent results and playing solid football, he simply hasn't done that yet and how long is it acceptable? Very few bright points in his tenure so far, if we are being kind its basically playing Januzaj, Welbeck improving and progressing from a pretty weak CL group.

As easy as it is to say give him 3 years, say we do that and we drop further before you know it, it can take donkeys years to claw back to where you started, just ask Liverpool fans.

GHG

I take it to mean that you need an attacking player to be creative. The French guy was right - you're relying completely on Januzaj to create. He's a kid. A good kid but he shouldn't bare the brunt of the entire attack.

They have Kagawa as we'll and are really underutilising him.

Rooney can also be a fantastic number 10. If he doesn't want to play that role for the team because his ego is too big then he should go or rot on the bench. But Moyes wouldn't have the balls to stamp his authority like that.

This would cause most teams trouble:

---------------------RVP/Hernandez-----------------------
Kagawa ------------Rooney--------------------Januzaj
---------------Fellaini--------Carrick-----------------------

And use the fullbacks for width.

It'd also likely be more compact and prevent other teams from having so much freedom in midfield.

Has Tagliavento ever reffed a game he didn't lose control over?

It should be a requirement that he has ro give them all haircuts aftee the game, that would keep them in line.

Giuseppe Rossi may have just sprained his knee . . . horrible news for Fiorentina and for La Nazionale if true.

Argh, looks like my dream three of El Shaz, Rossi and Totti will never happen

Edit: just woke up for the big game and now see the United scorline.

hahahahahahahahahahaha

Milan should sign Kagawa if United doesn't want to use him properly. Seedorf* can play him with Honda, Kaka, and Balo for maximum swagger.

*I think I'm going to pretend Allegri doesn't exist for the remainder of this season, because fuck Allegri. I'm also going to pretend we have transfer funds and that any good player would want to sign for us, in case you haven't noticed.

Lord Snow

Banned
The shitty Twitter memes are the best :lol

BdPNVlWIAAAnTKx.jpg

Feorax

As easy as it is to say give him 3 years, say we do that and we drop further before you know it, it can take donkeys years to claw back to where you started, just ask Liverpool fans.

Yup. Took us one year out of the CL and a few bad transfer moves to take us from 2nd to a relegation scrap. Things can change very quickly in football.

I also think it's quite obvious since Martinez took over that it was not Everton holding Moyes back, but the other way round.

Fergie

Banned
Moyes on Fabio red: "The ref got it right."

Even the malice of Froggie has abandoned him.
No debating around it all.

Fabio let himself down.

Milan should sign Kagawa if United doesn't want to use him properly. Seedorf* can play him with Honda, Kaka, and Balo for maximum swagger.

*I think I'm going to pretend Allegri doesn't exist for the remainder of this season, because fuck Allegri. I'm also going to pretend we have transfer funds and that any good player would want to sign for us, in case you haven't noticed.
Let Shinji team up with his bro. Sign Nagatomo as well.

Hindle

Banned
Basically this.

United need to make a major signing in the summer as well, a top class high profile player. It will be proof they can still attract the best players.

FuturusX

Moyes should never have been given the job in the first place. Sacking him now wouldn't be a bad thing if you are after short term success.

Fellani for 30 million tells you everything you need to know about his thinking. He not ready for the big chair.

Now if the UTD are willing to 'train' their next manager. They should stick with him and back him all the way.

Moyes can get it right but it will take a bit if time.

Say what you want about the man... but Mourhino would have picked up the pieces and made a better go of it.

dc89

No debating around it all.

Fabio let himself down.

Let Shinji team up with his bro. Sign Nagatomo as well.

What is it with young defenders doing this.

Boyata has seen two reds that I remember now.

Arsenal in the first few minutes - we lost 3-0 at home.
Yesterday.

Rad-

They have Kagawa as we'll and are really underutilising him.

Rooney can also be a fantastic number 10. If he doesn't want to play that role for the team because his ego is too big then he should go or rot on the bench. But Moyes wouldn't have the balls to stamp his authority like that.

This would cause most teams trouble:

---------------------RVP/Hernandez-----------------------
Kagawa ------------Rooney--------------------Januzaj
---------------Fellaini--------Carrick-----------------------

And use the fullbacks for width.

It'd also likely be more compact and prevent other teams from having so much freedom in midfield.

Umm we have played that formation many times (well swap Valencia with Adnan). It doesn't work with our current players.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I honestly didn't notice Kagawa at all today. He's a Nihongo version of Bryan Ruiz.

Clegg

Wilbury is probably dying to make a list, but since he's banned I'll do it for him.

Players who need to go/will be let go in tue summer:
Young
Evra
Rio
Anderson
Buttner
Fabio
Valencia
Giggs

Vidic is in the last 6 months of his contract and hasn't been playing well, but I'd be tempted to give him one more year as he still has a big influence on the pitch. Rooney will probs leave in Summer too.

This is some rebuilding job Moyes has on his hands.

pulga

Banned
Wilbury is probably dying to make a list, but since he's banned I'll do it for him.

Players who need to go/will be let go in tue summer:
Young
Evra
Rio
Anderson
Buttner
Fabio
Valencia
Giggs

Vidic is in the last 6 months of his contract and hasn't been playing well, but I'd be tempted to give him one more year as he still has a big influence on the pitch.

wut no rooney this time?

Bud pls. He listened to the little boy inside him and that boy said 'Manchester United'

Maybe now he realises why children aren't allowed to vote.

tumblr_lpg3so4bvm1qiy6q1.gif

Fergie

Banned
What is it with young defenders doing this.

Boyata has seen two reds that I remember now.

Arsenal in the first few minutes - we lost 3-0 at home.
Yesterday.
Inexperience, rash. Although Fabio has played in a UCL final. He knows better.

I'm not really buying the give him 3 years crowd, why? If he can't get this team playing to an at least acceptable level then why would you trust him to build his own side and spend presumably millions doing it?

At the very least he should be maintaining decent results and playing solid football, he simply hasn't done that yet and how long is it acceptable? Very few bright points in his tenure so far, if we are being kind its basically playing Januzaj, Welbeck improving and progressing from a pretty weak CL group.

Well you either decide if you back the manager or not.

If you're not willing to give him some time - get rid now, what's the point in continuing?

Depends where you draw the line. Considering the summer, state of the squad and other factors, I think it would be harsh to sack him before he even gets a go at building his team - so that's why I'd give him at least this coming summer to make some moves.

You base your choices at times like these on the principles which underpin your club. There is no guarantee, everything is a risk.

So you can do what some clubs do which is make quick fire decisions or you invest in something and see where it gets you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom