• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
People need to realise that Everton team that is so awesome is Moyes team. He built the core of that team, that great Everton defence is purely Moyes built. He can do it, he knows what he is doing, and there is no logical reason why he shouldn't be given the chance to do the same on a higher level. Goodison Park became an asshole ground to travel to for a reason, the same thing will happen to Old Trafford again.

This United team is not Moyes team, a lot of the players are old nearing retirement. If Fergie saw the potential in Moyes to be a great united manager then that should be respected.

Batigol

Banned
BdPXewMCMAEFOxm.jpg:large

Nearly time!

K1LLER7

People need to realise that Everton team that is so awesome is Moyes team. He built the core of that team, that great Everton defence is purely Moyes built. He can do it, he knows what he is doing, and there is no logical reason why he shouldn't be given the chance to do the same on a higher level. Goodison Park became an asshole ground to travel to for a reason, the same thing will happen to Old Trafford again.

This United team is not Moyes team, a lot of the players are old nearing retirement. If Fergie saw the potential in Moyes to be a great united manager then that should be respected.

He needs to put his own identity on this team. Give him time and hopefully it will come good.

It was obvious that United would struggle once Ferguson retires. The current situation is not surprising at all. I'm not even sure the situation would be significantly different with a big name like Mourinho. Sure, not getting CL football would be terrible, but this season was always going to be a transitional season. Rating Moyes as United coach should not be done before next season. Firing him this early would be the worst thing for United, it would show that the people in charge have no fucking idea what they are doing.

Nicktendo86

Would be very premature to fire Moyes so soon, I think, or even at the end of the season. Crashing out of the FA cup is the best thing that could have happened for Moyes. Once he crashes out of Europe a swell, the league results will improve. It's simply inevitable. United still have a very good chance of finishing in the top 4.
When you say it is good that Manchester fucking united crash out of all competitions as we might then make the top fucking four you know we have a fucking problem.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I think we need someone in this window, I do not trust this side to reach top 4 and if we dont reach top 4 we fuck ourselves in the summer, its really that simple, United has some draw but not nearly enough to forego champions league football and Ferguson being gone.

We need someone who can creatively control the midfield and we need a left back, this is the bare minimum plaster to get us to summer.

It was obvious that United would struggle once Ferguson retires. The current situation is not surprising at all. I'm not even sure the situation would be significantly different with a big name like Mourinho. Sure, not getting CL football would be terrible, but this season was always going to be a transitional season. Rating Moyes as United coach should not be done before next season. Firing him this early would be the worst thing for United, it would show that the people in charge have no fucking idea what they are doing.

On the other hand, who could United have hired to have them in a worse position this season than they currently are?

pulga

Banned
Is it weird I have a mancrush on Barzagli, out of all the other juve players?

edit:

GOOOOL
TEVEZ

VIDAL

OMG

GOLAZOOOOOOO

faridmon

Hasn't Farid expressed that Fellaini is capable as a DM?

Rather he play as one when he comes back.

To be fair, he have been playing as Attacking Midfield/Forward ever since Cahill's form dipped and eventually left. Maybe he was moulded into a different player than he was ever was.
But man, Fellaini 2 years ago was fantastic. I really hope he becomes good for you lot. Impressive gem he is.

Carbonox

I just watched Catch Me If You Can for the first time. How I haven't seen this until now I will never know but it's so fucking good.

L1NETT

Went there as well, though it was quite cheap. But again, I was studying in London at that time, and everywhere compared to London, is quite cheap

Home of the Pizza. 3 Euros for one the size of kent. Godly.

But yeah, went out for a drink around Leicester Square the other day and holy smokes I forgot how expensive this dump is.

In the 17 years or so I've been watching Juve, Vidal is a top 5 player.

Probably him, Del Piero, Nedved, Zidane, and Buffon.

Ahead of Trez, Ibra, Cannavaro, Thuram... that's how good he is. I guess he'd have to fight it out with Pirlo, but I think he probably wins in terms of pure goal contribution.

Fergie

Banned
To be fair, he have been playing as Attacking Midfield/Forward ever since Cahill's form dipped and eventually left. Maybe he was moulded into a different player than he was ever was.
But man, Fellaini 2 years ago was fantastic. I really hope he becomes good for you lot. Impressive gem he is.
He hasn't had a best of starts, no pre-season and that wrist injury. I'm sure he'll come good.

bud

while i do feel moyes should be given time to build his own team, it is rather clear that this team needs reinforcements in order to get out of the shit hole its currently in. how many players will want to move to united when they're not playing in the champions league, though?

sure, they'll be able to attract players from lesser clubs due to their financial situation, but i'm not so sure about the top players. if a top player can choose between chelsea/arsenal/city and united, why would he choose to play for united? other clubs can pay similar salaries, so that's not really an issue. but they can actually offer him champions league football as well.

if this had happened to ferguson this season, it wouldn't have been such a big deal because he's proven himself as a top manager and i'm sure plenty of players would love to play for him; moyes, however, has managed everton for the past decade. he's a nobody.

kind of a double-edged sword.

Elchele

To be honest I don't understand the decision of hiring him, he is far from being something special. He's an average coach and nothing else, not sure how they expect him to guide a club like Manchester United for years. Even a promising youth coach would've been a better choice in long term

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom