• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
Sagna still hasn't signed a new contract. A bit worried now, but I won't begrudge him if he decides to move. Seriously need to figure out who his replacement will be. Jenkinson isn't ready.
If Sagna leaves he leaves with my full blessing. He's been an outstanding player for us and we have the money to pay him what he deserves and his loyalty earned him a 3yr deal he wants.

Don't know much about De Sciglio. Is he good enough to replace Sagna and more importantly would Milan sell?

If Sagna leaves he leaves with my full blessing. He's been an outstanding player for us and we have the money to pay him what he deserves and his loyalty earned him a 3yr deal he wants.

Don't know much about De Sciglio. Is he good enough to replace Sagna and more importantly would Milan sell?

He is the best young fullback in Italy and better than the other scrubs on Milan. I haven't seen him play much this year because he has been injured, but last year he was outstanding on the left and had a great partnership with El Shaz. He has been used mainly on the right so far this season.

He is only 21 and he is much better than Jenkinson IMO. A lot more composed and is very good positionally.

Milan are willing to sell everyone on that team. I think they accepted bids for El Shaz, but he wanted to stay. If we put in a good enough bid then they would accept. He has the potential to be one of the best FBs in the world for the next decade.

FootballFan

De Sciglio has impressed me every time I've seen him play. A stand out in that bad bad team. lol

Peco

90595996o2i09.jpg

200114xsr03.jpg

c3wzob7.jpg

271014q6q28.jpg

GHG

Not worried about Sagna either. He's been fantasic for the club since day one and has been a model professional. If he wants to leave for his final big paycheck before retirement or to go back to France I totally get that and he can go with my blessing.

I'm also more confident that Wenger has learnt enough over the last 8 years to actually replace him properly rather than simply promote Jenkinson (who incidentally, I believe will eventually become good enough BTW). We also have Hector Bellerin, who (excuse my Wengerisms) is super quality and a super talent.

If he does go we should be all over Montoya.

Not worried about Sagna either. He's been fantasic for the club since day one and has been a model professional. If he wants to leave for his final big paycheck before retirement or to go back to France I totally get that and he can go with my blessing.

I'm also more confident that Wenger has learnt enough over the last 8 years to actually replace him properly rather than simply promote Jenkinson (who incidentally, I believe will eventually become good enough BTW). We also have Hector Bellerin, who (excuse my Wengerisms) is super quality and a super talent.

If he does go we should be all over Montoya.

Damn you and your fullbacks

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
*gif removed - check Zabo's post below*

http://i.imgur.com/f1KRSWg.png[IMG]

[spoiler]Correct. But hey, she a cutie anyhow[/spoiler]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/IZxi1sh.gif[IMG][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Lecivdi.gif[IMG][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/SNL7l2K.gif[IMG][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/WuH2jGu.gif[/MG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/hD28Qxe.gif/IMG][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv346/NowhereAndQuiznos/dreamy.gif

Mou is going to shit all over Fergie's decision to not give him the job tomorrow. I was really surprised when he went for a draw at Old Trafford, maybe the "fortress" sheen hadn't worn off back then. But it certainly has now, and all the gaps that were papered over by SAF's genius management are showing as the chasms they are.

Should be a very interesting match, looking forward to it.

I don't understand why Gerrard's first touch has got so much worse as he's declined. Scholes kept his first touch, intelligence, and long passing ability. Gerrard's passing is as good as ever (still has moments of utter stupidity though), but he's all over the shop at the moment in terms of the other two things

GHG

Damn you and your fullbacks

Hey it wasn't too long ago that we had Andre Santos swapping shirts with Van Persie at half time in Old Trafford.

Fucker.

I don't understand why Gerrard's first touch has got so much worse as he's declined. Scholes kept his first touch, intelligence, and long passing ability. Gerrard's passing is as good as ever (still has moments of utter stupidity though), but he's all over the shop at the moment in terms of the other two things

Because Gerrard isn't a technical wizard and never has been. His game has always been reliant on athleticism and now he can't keep up with his poor first touch.

Hey it wasn't too long ago that we had Andre Santos swapping shirts with Van Persie at half time in Old Trafford.

Fucker.

Because Gerrard isn't a technical wizard and never has been. His game has always been reliant on athleticism and now he can't keep up with his poor first touch.

His first touch was never poor though. It's not like he used to fuck his first touch up all the time, but then retrieve it with pace like Babel or someone.

Does anyone ever feel like their games look nowhere near as good as other people seem to get them looking? Saw a couple of ACIV screens that look way better than it does on my TV. Looks no better than a very, very good-looking PS3 game for me. Certainly has that cross-gen feel, but the screens look positively next-gen.

Salazar

Yesterday Marca said Manchester Untied had made an approach to sign Koke before his buyout clause went up, only to be told that the player didn't want a transfer. That panicked Atletico into giving Koke a new contract with what Marca says is a clause of €60m.

Tough luck for Manchester United then? Well, El Confidencial aren't quite so sure. The Spanish broadsheet covers what Marca said but also says on Sunday 'As with Torres or Kun, Koke renewing means nothing', which would suggest there's still a possibility the young midfielder could be sold.

El Confidencial say several big clubs are following the Koke situation, and they claim Manchester United are in the lead. The newspaper go on to explain that upping Koke's clause and giving him a new contract could be the first step to a sale because similar happened with Fernando Torres before he moved to Liverpool and Sergio 'Kun' Aguero before he joined Manchester City.

A move shouldn't be ruled out for Koke in the medium term because Atletico Madrid are 'a team with financial needs that make it very difficult to keep all the current team.'

Cocks in, cocks out, cocks in limbo. Meh. Let's just do some January business.

Yesterday Marca said Manchester Untied had made an approach to sign Koke before his buyout clause went up, only to be told that the player didn't want a transfer. That panicked Atletico into giving Koke a new contract with what Marca says is a clause of €60m.

Tough luck for Manchester United then? Well, El Confidencial aren't quite so sure. The Spanish broadsheet covers what Marca said but also says on Sunday 'As with Torres or Kun, Koke renewing means nothing', which would suggest there's still a possibility the young midfielder could be sold.

El Confidencial say several big clubs are following the Koke situation, and they claim Manchester United are in the lead. The newspaper go on to explain that upping Koke's clause and giving him a new contract could be the first step to a sale because similar happened with Fernando Torres before he moved to Liverpool and Sergio 'Kun' Aguero before he joined Manchester City.

A move shouldn't be ruled out for Koke in the medium term because Atletico Madrid are 'a team with financial needs that make it very difficult to keep all the current team.'

Cocks in, cocks out, cocks in limbo. Meh. Let's just do some January business.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Gasperini's Genoa is facing Inter today and..

(former Inter manager) Gasperini has stirred up controversy this week by suggesting they would not have won without the Calciopoli scandal removing Juventus from Serie A.

“Inter wouldn't have won anything without Calciopoli. That isn’t my opinion, it’s simply a fact,”

great start this
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Can I just say that Bale's price inflated every future transfer? Fucking shit.

And It's always fucking Madrid. This is what happened back in the mid 2000s too.

Zabojnik

A couple of good quality gifs from Juve - Samp yesterday. #YOLO

1-0, Vidal (Godba assist)
ityDICBcGwt80.gif

2-0, Llion
ibfRoC6fEVje3h.gif

4-2, The 400M€ man
ijXrGt0YFJ4c6.gif

BONUS #1 - Pogba's trademarked high-ball control
ibyEG7RjgFSwGE.gif

BONUS #2 - An amused Vidal watches Conte's reaction to his 'defensive rabona'
ibjKtLzS3eWcpn.gif

Chicha might play because of his record vs Chelsea. I wouldn't play him though as he's not in good form.

Young might start tomorrow too. If Moyes wants to play it safe, he'll start him. I would prefer the Welbz, Januzaj (don't hurt him premier ass pls), Shinji, and Valencia lineup that played last time.

Chicha might play because of his record vs Chelsea. I wouldn't play him though as he's not in good form.

Young might start tomorrow too. If Moyes wants to play it safe, he'll start him. I would prefer the Welbz, Januzaj (don't hurt him premier ass pls), Shinji, and Valencia lineup that played last time.

Ivanovic is injured and not playing it will be Dave instead!

Linius

I really shouldn't be posting this for karma and all, but you really think he's gonna save you today? He hasn't played a proper game in ages. I think he could become usefull once he's back in the rythm of playing games on a weekly basis but today I doubt it. Doesn't know the team either, it seems a bit weird to use him right away in such an important game.

Zabojnik

Pogba had an amazing Yaya like run too right before the goal. Shame he messed up the final pass.

iklQ9mexXCOCf.gif

The initial dribbling makes it, the failed pass breaks it. I agree with Conte. Pogba hasn't had the greatest of games yesterday. Lost his position too many times, his passing was a bit sloppy. Dat assist & goal, sure, but he can and must do better.

Edit: lol, my gif-making has a long way to go.

iic9iPXuBzSPT.gif

hornetpie

Neo Member
Thoughts after yesterdays EPL matches

-Norwich fluked it (sorry Norwich fans)
-Liverpool would have capitulated in days past but 2-0 to 2-2 isn't to bad. Bad result that should never have happened but its clear Rodgers has changed the side. Sturridge is quality, what were chelsea thinking
-Arsenal have learnt how to win against teams that park the bus. Bodes well for title race
-Cardiff are the only team i've seen take it to City in the Etihad this season. Deserved more. Noone may get a moderate to big name club move in summer if he keeps that up
-Tony Pulis has transformed CP and they are no longer guaranteed to be relegated
-Sunderland are a changed side under Poyet but they need more quality. Selling Fletcher would consign them to relegation for sure
-West ham are going down

Zabojnik

Gabbiadini was brilliant yesterday. The talent is there, he just needs to be more consistent. Which is admittedly hard, when you're a striker and they play you wide. Samp pls.

BeVWGAWCAAAwzQV.jpg

Soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom