• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

Imagine if it was Messi doing this. In this hypothetical lala-land let's say he threatened to leave for Real Madrid because he wasn't happy with the quality of signings into Barcelona and the direction it was taking. Once the dust settles he gets a nice new bumper contract out of it. Fast forward a few years and he's not happy again, this time because he's playing second fiddle to a big name signing and apparently wants out to another league rival. Are you telling me there wouldn't be some resentment towards him?

Some fans can look past that and some won't ever forget it. It'll be easier for those to look past it if he's doing the business on the pitch which Rooney wasn't always doing in the last season or so, not to mention the other off-the-field issues.

They'll have to replace him eventually anyway.

Messi would never do that so I can't answer that question.

pulga

Banned
kicks.gif

Dat Ronaldo assist. Genius.

Lightning

Banned
Can't believe that prick Pulis may actually keep Palace up. They've given themselves a great chance now that they grind out results Pulis style.

pulga

Banned
lol

As expected of FootballFan-sama. That's why I was talking hypothetical parallel universe where Messi is a cunt, and might think of doing something like that.

what do you mean by "hypothetical parallel universe where Messi is a cunt"

if cheating on your wife and taxes doesn't make you a cunt, what the hell does
KuGsj.gif

FootballFan

lol

As expected of FootballFan-sama. That's why I was talking hypothetical parallel universe where Messi is a cunt, and might think of doing something like that.

Well I think you should use Valdes as the example, mofo is leaving for free, for no reason. He thinks other big teams actually want him, Arkon-chan.

Ugh. He's been so good this season, just to rub it in.

I believe in Pinto though.

Pinto

jbzcH0F5U6uMjI.png

Salazar

Lol. Well everyone is entitled to their opinion. Personally, I want Rooney to stay. He is an absolutely wonderful player. Without him we will be in a much worse position than we are in right now, He is one of those players you really can't replace, and they are all too few. I get the anger for what he did yet, this season, he has given all that we can ask of him. He is usually everywhere; from attack to defence and back again. Yet for all this, you get people hurling insult non stop at him.

I explicitly don't want to "replace" him.

Want, rather, to construct a side that does not depend, to its risk and detriment, on a mad bastard hurtling around the formation. We get a proper midfield, and we can be a top side when Rooney is fat, ill, suspended, injured, out of form, wearing the Chelsea shirt.

I barely give a fuck how well he plays. He recurrently threatens to join our rivals and he has the hide to lecture United fans about loyalty and getting behind the team ?

Well I think you should use Valdes as the example, mofo is leaving for free, for no reason. He thinks other big teams actually want him, Arkon-chan.

Pinto

jbzcH0F5U6uMjI.png

:lol Imagine if Valdes joined Real, would anyone really care

well, former GOAT GK might, but who gives a shit what he thinks
pls do it

pulga

Banned
Some photoshops convinced Plug. But I can't blame him, he probably was the editor of AS when they published Alves being "offside" by photoshopping a player out.

Mle8T5Qpg

the sad thing is some deluded fools actually believe this

im pretty sure old man wisdom here believes it

640_1375256933messi_stripper.jpg

scently

I explicitly don't want to "replace" him.

Want, rather, to construct a side that does not depend, to its risk and detriment, on a mad bastard hurtling around the formation.

I barely give a fuck how well he plays. He recurrently threatens to join our rivals and he has the hide to lecture United fans about loyalty and getting behind the team ?

Fair enough. Like I said, he is not replaceable in his skillset/utility as a player, and more importantly, one whose skillset/utility we sourly need currently because of our deficiencies in so many areas of the team. If we can construct a side with players that are at least competent in doing the basic thing that they are meant to do then the proposition to sell Rooney becomes a lot more feasible. My point is, with the state of affairs right now, he is one of the very few players that can play in different positions during a match and still do a competent job of it. And as we have players that can't seem to do their job, we still need Rooney.

Loyalty is overrated, especially in Cole`s case. They only offered him 55k/week while we offered 90+.
Many football fans seem incapable of understanding that most of the players don't feel the same way about a club as they do. It's a job. Who wouldn't take a job at another company where they would be earning significantly more money? That's how the world works. There's no reason for football to be any different.

Salazar

Many football fans seem incapable of understanding that most of the players don't feel the same way about a club as they do. It's a job. Who wouldn't take a job at another company where they would be earning significantly more money? That's how the world works. There's no reason for football to be any different.

Doesn't nullify the fact or extinguish the stench of Stretford-orchestrated fuckery.

My disgust with Rooney doesn't reflect an incapacity to understand the desire for money or the professional drive.

rodvik

Shearer seems to think you give the benefit of the doubt to Suarez.

Player. Manager. Pundit. And he doesn't even know the fucking rules.

He hates us. To be fair the dogs abuse we gave him the day we relegated his team was a tad harsh. But he has never forgotten it thats for sure :)

arkon

Pinto

jbzcH0F5U6uMjI.png

Yeah but I don't think he's equivalent in stature really to Rooney for Man Utd, who was the star name for the last 3-4 years until RVP.

arkon

what do you mean by "hypothetical parallel universe where Messi is a cunt"

if cheating on your wife and taxes doesn't make you a cunt, what the hell does
KuGsj.gif

That was all just a simple misunderstanding. I'm sure he meant well.

GorillaJu

We actually rescued a point last night? I turned it off after watching us concede another shit goal, defense parting like the red sea for Villa's every attack.

That 4-4-2 was not working at all, I hope to never see it again.

Barzul

Sagna still hasn't signed a new contract. A bit worried now, but I won't begrudge him if he decides to move. Seriously need to figure out who his replacement will be. Jenkinson isn't ready.

Sagna still hasn't signed a new contract. A bit worried now, but I won't begrudge him if he decides to move. Seriously need to figure out who his replacement will be. Jenkinson isn't ready.

I really can't see him staying.

If we win the league then he will have a winners medal with us and then can go get the big payday from Monaco.

If we don't win the league then he will want to go win something somewhere else and get a big payday from Monaco.

Of course he might love London life and be settled and want to stay.

I would love to see us sign De Sciglio has his replacement. Already a much better player than Jenkinson and can play at either fullback positions.

Meier

Especially album Passover is very good. Them psychedelic soundscapes.

http://i.imgur.com/qXVDmw6.jpg[img]

Now I'm listening to this. Anyone that knows this album and likes it deserves a cookie.[/QUOTE]
One of my favorites of the aughts. A shame I don't like any other MMJ album nearly as much.

TeddyBoy

We actually rescued a point last night? I turned it off after watching us concede another shit goal, defense parting like the red sea for Villa's every attack.

That 4-4-2 was not working at all, I hope to never see it again.

Who we sign depends on if we see it again, the reports of us trying to get a CM show Rodgers likes the systems ideas (your basically saving a man in the the middle and allowing them to go forward instead). If we had Alonso of old back, this would probably be fine, except Gerrard really isn't that good of a CDM anyway, he can just tackle ok and play long balls when he has lots of space.

Also I'm not totally sure if it's 4-4-2, 4-1-3-2 is much more accurate I feel (we played our regular 4-2-3-1 in the second half against villa).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom