• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feorax

Not even that bothered tbh aside from the fact it'd be Chelsea. It's pretty clear that FSG are not willing to overpay for positions that are not priorities or guaranteed hits. Especially when the other team seemingly keeps on changing their terms even when we were the only team in for him.

I agree it's not a priority, but we do seem to have a reputation for being led along.

Look at how quickly the Mata to United saga happened? Why is it never like that with us?

It's always 6 to 8 weeks before said player goes elsewhere or signs a new deal at their current club.

jtb

Banned
Mkhitaryan - We negotiated for 6 weeks, BVB did the deal in about 5 days.

Willian - we spent about 2 weeks on this, and then he went to Spurs and then Chelsea within 3 days.

Salah - Been working on this since December, and apparently Chelsea have managed to hijack it within 48 hours.

Anybody that says we should be patient in the transfer window when deals drag needs to be taken out back and shot.

from an outside perspective, it looks like Liverpool are being used by agents to drive interest for these players from other, usually CL, clubs. or is it just a case of Liverpool not willing to pay a few million extra for these players? (watching Wenger operate in the market, I can certainly empathize with you there)

LTWheels

Willian - we spent about 2 weeks on this, and then he went to Spurs and then Chelsea within 3 days.

Basel - Been working on this since December, and apparently Chelsea have managed to hijack it within 48 hours.

Anybody that says we should be patient in the transfer window when deals drag needs to be taken out back and shot.

Never knew that you worked in Liverpool's negotiation department. We don't know how long negotiations are taking place. A newspaper reporting that a club is looking/interested at a player gets turned into the club are going to sign/negotiate X. It happens all the time with every club.

Klopp had Mkh already lined up and negotiated way in advance before we turned up. After he signed he said that they had given him a summer fitness program in preparation to join them.

Come on now, Willian wasn't going to come to us. Price wasn't worth it either. He hasn't been that great for Chelsea so far. Lots of energy and runs around but if you watch his final ball is tame.

The express has reported this evening that we have agreed £10m and he's set to have a medical tomorrow....probably not true but we will have to wait and see.

Kikarian

Yeah I thought so too and I'd be sad if he leaves without making an impact, but if the Mata story has any truth to it I just cant see how it helps Kagawa at all. Really wanted to see Shinji make a success of himself at the club but everybody is so static around him - he'd have gone nicely into the 07-08 team I guess..
I meant to put he wasn't suited for us :p

It's almost inevitable that he will be gone if we doe get Mata in hope we swap for Gundogan.

Kikarian

I think it's a safe bet that Gundogan will end up a Madrid player if he leaves Dortmund. That is if he even able to play again.

I predicted you guys would finish somewhere between 13-15 about a month ago. Poyet has Sunderland playing very well all things considered. I think it looks like you guys need a striker though. Doesn't look like it's working out for Jozy and Fletcher has been poor as well. Borini has scored a few key goals but there's no consistency there. Those 3 must have single digit goals between them in all comps (scary stuff).
There's no chance of us getting Gundogan. He's most likely, like you said, a Real Madrid player.

Omikron

Oi. Hitch0-5, where did you get your copy of Windows 8 from and for how much?

Can't remember, wasn't much cheaper than RRP iirc. I'd personally go for W7, but I bow to kharma's greater knowledge

ABORT

ABORT

CANCEL THE DEAL

If Vidal is a beast, Suarez is the king of the jungle. You know it makes sense Silent Chief

I agree it's not a priority, but we do seem to have a reputation for being led along.

Look at how quickly the Mata to United saga happened? Why is it never like that with us?

It's always 6 to 8 weeks before said player goes elsewhere or signs a new deal at their current club.

tbf its easier when the seller is trying to cash in. Sometimes things just fall into place and it makes transfers easy, such as Sakho wanting to leave for first team football just before the season started and not minding missing out on CL football, and us needing a CB and having enough funds left over to cover it.

FuturusX

Salah - Been working on this since December, and apparently Chelsea have managed to hijack it within 48 hours.

To be fair it's easy to get a deal done quickly when you can offer the best wages - match the transfer fee without haggling and Champions League football.

Liverpool will always risk being hijacked on deals until we are back in CL again.

Missing out on Salah wouldn't be that bad for Liverpool. He's not that good to be honest, he happened to have a pair of good games against Chelsea so everyone is high on him. Just look at his stats, they're not particularly impressive. And that's in the Swiss league, not exactly cream of the crop.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Don't listen to Salazar, he is a weird fair weather fan of football.

shut up
from an outside perspective, it looks like Liverpool are being used by agents to drive interest for these players from other, usually CL, clubs. or is it just a case of Liverpool not willing to pay a few million extra for these players? (watching Wenger operate in the market, I can certainly empathize with you there)

100% true

(kinda unrelated but)

Bayern's players love using us lately to get better deals, and Bayern falls for it every single time.

First it was with Robben (why the fuck would he could to us?) and then Mario Mandžukić.

Missing out on Salah wouldn't be that bad for Liverpool. He's not that good to be honest, he happened to have a pair of good games against Chelsea so everyone is high on him. Just look at his stats, they're not particularly impressive. And that's in the Swiss league, not exactly cream of the crop.

One of those where you just have to trust the scouts

His stats are average outside the CL, and nobody watches the Swiss league. 99% of people who says he's shit have probably just glanced at his wikipedia, and 99% of people who say he's great have probably just watched the Chelsea-Basel highlights

mekes

I meant to put he wasn't suited for us :p

It's almost inevitable that he will be gone if we doe get Mata in hope we swap for Gundogan.

Yeah I guess I feel the same way about him not being suited for us. But I did hope he would add his more expansive/creative style to our team. Its been crossing from wide for years now, midfield not replaced and the goals have dried up. Had really high hopes for Kagawa to change things up somewhat, especially with RVP in the side.

It will most likely be a case of what could have been.. HATE it when that happens!

Rooney can pretty much name his price on any new contract now.

If the cunt's gonna stay, I just want him to play well.

United aren't mugs, question is, what's available? If they get mata why should sell rooney, his £250k a week would cover two top class players - a good defender and midfielder

One of those where you just have to trust the scouts

His stats are average outside the CL, and nobody watches the Swiss league. 99% of people who says he's shit have probably just glanced at his wikipedia, and 99% of people who say he's great have probably just watched the Chelsea-Basel highlights

I was doing some scouting on Basel last season before we played them in Europa so I watched a few of their Swiss league games actually( don't judge me, Russian League was on break)! I've probably watched him play ~10 times total.

I guess we'll see who's right if you guys get him. I don't think he's much of an improvement on Sterling, myself.

Meier

Lmao at Craig Gardner.

‏@CraigGards8: What a game the fans were top class. Sorry for shitting yous up when I missed I knew we would go on and win haha #whodaredtodream #Wembley

LAD!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA just read the results. Mata is going to destroy whatever little value he has and, for fucks sake, just admit Adnan is a fuckin useless twat that can't even carry his team over Sunderland.

"Adnan is the new Ronaldo" haha, if Ronaldo was paralyzed from the waist down, sure.

edit: jesus, people falling for doicare's bait. when will you learn?

dc89

Yeah tiny club in melbourne! We also cover most of hyde uniteds costs providing we have first choice and that they changed their strip from red to blue :D

La Decima does not stop there.

Deloitte Football money league has just been announced.

- We've climbed to 6th. Higher than Chelsea and Arsenal. The only English club with a higher revenue is United. #BasedSoriano

- United have fallen out of the top 3 for the first time in the history of the Deloitte football money league. In the Glazer era United have fallen from 1st to 4th.

I was doing some scouting on Basel last season before we played them in Europa so I watched a few of their Swiss league games actually( don't judge me, Russian League was on break)! I've probably watched him play ~10 times total.

I guess we'll see who's right if you guys get him. I don't think he's much of an improvement on Sterling, myself.

Obviously, such a player does not exist.

I've heard that his finishing is particularly dismal, in a 'he'll never be very good at it' way rather than 'we can teach him, we have the technology' way

L1NETT

Lmao at Craig Gardner.

‏@CraigGards8: What a game the fans were top class. Sorry for shitting yous up when I missed I knew we would go on and win haha #whodaredtodream #Wembley

Craig%2BGardner%2BArsenal%2Bv%2BBirmingham%2BCity%2BCarling%2BdbqmG5QT3VUl.jpg

Can history repeat itself? Is Craig Gardner the missing piece of the League Cup.

Hmmmm

Salazar

Mike Keegan ‏@mikekeeganmen 3m
I'd be surprised if, from what I heard, Mata was the only business #mufc did this window. #mufc

Apologies to Fady effendi, and a biiiiiiiig fuck-you to lambda

Kikarian

Yeah I guess I feel the same way about him not being suited for us. But I did hope he would add his more expansive/creative style to our team. Its been crossing from wide for years now, midfield not replaced and the goals have dried up. Had really high hopes for Kagawa to change things up somewhat, especially with RVP in the side.

It will most likely be a case of what could have been.. HATE it when that happens!
Yeah he was very limited with what he could do with us. I think it's the English style of football isn't really suited for him.

He's a fantastic player and I'd love to keep him. But he's holding up a place for a more "useful" CM.

Apologies to Fady effendi, and a biiiiiiiig fuck-you to lambda

not my fault you mancs keep hyping a kid that produces absolutely nothing on the pitch worthy of merit and, new addition to the "amost there, Adnan", can't even score from a pen.

he does resemble a good player in 3 seconds gifs and Youtube highlights full of quick cuts.

Fintan

haha that gif is mint. Barry Ferguson is a prime tit.
Still right funny though

And City wouldn't choke against say....Wigan would they? I BeliHixx

I think

I blame Mancini for that. City are different this year for sure. Rooting for Sunderland though; I have a surprisingly high number of Sunderland supporting mates.

Feorax

@StanCollymore: I struck Miss Jonsson with an open hand. Once. Again, a man punching and kicking(an athlete) causes serious damage.No bruises, so how? Luck?

@BreakfastPercy: .@StanCollymore foreigners always make the most of it, Stan. She was probably playing for a freekick.

DEAD.

I'm probably going to hell.

Meier

Sponsorship deal with Pukka Pies
Brilliant.

I think we could definitely lose to Sunderland. They've had our number recently. But this team is worlds different than the one from last year. Mancini was a lame duck and everyone knew it. The players practically slept walked through the final. I still am amazed we lost though even with all that in mind.

3Sixty

Watched the game at work. Many lols were had.

During the pens called so many

"Adnan will be too casual"

"Jones will sky it"

"Johnson will bottle it"

People look on in awe.

dc89

Watched the game at work. Many lols were had.

During the pens called so many

"Adnan will be too casual"

"Jones will sky it"

"Johnson will bottle it"

People look on in awe.

Yep. I called a few right in the WhatsApp chat to Wilbz dismay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom