• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

mekes

If Mata comes to OT I guess its lights out for Kagawa. Best United could get is to use him as a bargaining chip for Gundogan.

wedward

If the Draxler stuff is true, I imagine the reason we are trying so hard in January is because come summer he will probably be too expensive. Especially if he has a good WC.

Fergie

Banned
Clear out is required to be frank, this team is shit.

The goals will come after RVP and Rooney come back, but the defence looks unorganised. What is Moyes teaching?

Meier

Yes, Moyes has done a piss poor job so far - however in my opinion this loss was 100% De Gea's fault. He is and always has been an unreliable, physically weak keeper with no composure at all. I'm stunned that he is still first choice in a club like United.

DDG is a great keeper and will be in the conversation for best in the world over the next decade. That was a terrible mistake, but every keeper makes em once in awhile. He has been incredible for United after he took back over for Lindegaard (sp) last season.

"How will Juan Mata be able to sign his contract with all the shit pens at Old Trafford?"

Why do people need to constantly make jokes out of everything?

Well, that's a pretty fucking great joke to be fair.

Kikarian

If Mata comes to OT I guess its lights out for Kagawa. Best United could get is to use him as a bargaining chip for Gundogan.
Kagawa wasn't suited for us tbh. Great player and I respect him, hope he does well.

It would be ideal if we could swap him for Gundogan.

Fuck Nocerino.

wbZ7fdf.gif

I mean, fuck.

Fintan

Everybody's pointing to RVP and Rooney's absence, but let's not forget which stupid cunt exacerbated their injuries by bringing them back too soon.

Do you feel the "dinosaur" label is fair? The whole over-training RVP thing and bringing them on/playing them when they're not fully fit does seem outdated. It is a bit curious that RVP suddenly started getting injuries again, but it could be a complete coincidence.

Lightning

Banned
If the Draxler stuff is true, I imagine the reason we are trying so hard in January is because come summer he will probably be too expensive. Especially if he has a good WC.
We need to get him before someone else does. The longer it's left, the more odds we lose him.

Fergie

Banned
Yes, Moyes has done a piss poor job so far - however in my opinion this loss was 100% De Gea's fault. He is and always has been an unreliable, physically weak keeper with no composure at all. I'm stunned that he is still first choice in a club like United.
You can't be serious.

madmackem

We ain't a bad team, we are second bottom because of bad signings in the summer, individual mistakes and red cards. We've beat a lot of good teams this season, Everton away man city at home Newcastle Southampton Chelsea man utd etc, if we can get a few in and quit the red cards and own goals we should stay up.

Draconian

Don't you think you're overreacting just a touch?

TeddyBoy

I was watching the game in the pub with my sunderland supporting mate and two of my united mates. It was an insanely boring game (only rivaled by Roma-Juve Copa Italia) until the 118th minute, then it was pure insanity.

Both teams played awfully, just somehow Sunderland managed to drag themselves over the line.

mekes

Kagawa was suited for us tbh. Great player and I respect him, hope he does well.

Yeah I thought so too and I'd be sad if he leaves without making an impact, but if the Mata story has any truth to it I just cant see how it helps Kagawa at all. Really wanted to see Shinji make a success of himself at the club but everybody is so static around him - he'd have gone nicely into the 07-08 team I guess..

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
PSG are ready to offer €70m for Pogba, according to tomorrow's edition of Gazzetta dello Sport.

KuGsj.gif

we said Bale money ;)

and I'm almost 99% sure we're spending most of it on Suarez and Verratti.

omgkitty

We don't stand a chance if he moves this summer.

I don't think thats true at all, but I do believe buying now would be smarter. It's not like his price this month will be any more than in the summer. He has a release clause that needs to be met, and we might as well not wait. We have the money.

Fergie

Banned
Moyes is disappointed?

Well embrace being disappointed for the rest of the season. It's January and still the same shit.

Feorax

DiMarzio reporting Chelsea now offering Basel €15 million for Salah.

I'm starting to think DiMarzio is just fishing for hits at this point, but regardless, it shows yet again just how fucking inept we are at closing deals.

We aren't cautious in the transfer market, we're arrogant. We assume deals will eventually come round to being what we want them to be, and it will all be ok. No one will dare try and take our widely-reported targets.

Fucks sake...

bud

i feel sorry for moyes because he was never meant to be the manager of a top club. his level is everton. seriously.

honestly, ferguson is to blame for this.

We ain't a bad team, we are second bottom because of bad signings in the summer, individual mistakes and red cards. We've beat a lot of good teams this season, Everton away man city at home Newcastle Southampton Chelsea man utd etc, if we can get a few in and quit the red cards and own goals we should stay up.

Stop playing Altidore pls

Bad penalty shootouts are so much better than competent ones.

What was De Gea actualy trying to do with that shot? Wrong body position to catch it or push it around the post. If he'd made proper contact, it would have spilled back into the fray.

wedward

I don't think thats true at all, but I do believe buying now would be smarter. It's not like his price this month will be any more than in the summer. He has a release clause that needs to be met, and we might as well not wait. We have the money.

His release clause isn't active until summer apparently. His release clause hasn't really been confirmed by anyone reliable as far as I know. He could easily sign an extension before then that raises it.

There will be more teams in for him this summer.

Meier

Kagawa wasn't suited for us tbh. Great player and I respect him, hope he does well.

I think it's a safe bet that Gundogan will end up a Madrid player if he leaves Dortmund. That is if he even able to play again.

I predicted you guys would finish somewhere between 13-15 about a month ago. Poyet has Sunderland playing very well all things considered. I think it looks like you guys need a striker though. Doesn't look like it's working out for Jozy and Fletcher has been poor as well. Borini has scored a few key goals but there's no consistency there. Those 3 must have single digit goals between them in all comps (scary stuff).

Feorax

Mkhitaryan - We negotiated for 6 weeks, BVB did the deal in about 5 days.

Willian - we spent about 2 weeks on this, and then he went to Spurs and then Chelsea within 3 days.

Salah - Been working on this since December, and apparently Chelsea have managed to hijack it within 48 hours.

Anybody that says we should be patient in the transfer window when deals drag needs to be taken out back and shot.

doicare

Prove me wrong.
When do you reckon was the last time United lost where they weren't the better team and it wasn't due to injuries or luck?
United - Barca champions league final.
People assume/know you must be an alt since you never actually post when a game is happening. You pop up at the end every time. It makes it seem like you've logged out of your main and quickly flipped over to get in your little snipe.
When the majority of the posts on this forum are just 'trololololol United', there's not much discussion to be had during the game. People have been bitter towards United for well over a decade because of how successful they've been and now United are going through a bad patch people are frothing at the mouth with petty glee.
Sunderland Possession 54%
How does the fact that due to injuries Sunderland managed marginally more possession change the fact that they only had ONE shot on target all game and never created a single gilt edge chance to score either over 120 minutes?

DiMarzio reporting Chelsea now offering Basel €15 million for Salah.

I'm starting to think DiMarzio is just fishing for hits at this point, but regardless, it shows yet again just how fucking inept we are at closing deals.

We aren't cautious in the transfer market, we're arrogant. We assume deals will eventually come round to being what we want them to be, and it will all be ok. No one will dare try and take our widely-reported targets.

Fucks sake...

Not even that bothered tbh aside from the fact it'd be Chelsea. It's pretty clear that FSG are not willing to overpay for positions that are not priorities or guaranteed hits. Especially when the other team seemingly keeps on changing their terms even when we were the only team in for him.

elseanio

Prove me wrong.

United - Barca champions league final.

When the majority of the posts on this forum are just 'trololololol United', there's not much discussion to be had during the game. People have been bitter towards United for well over a decade because of how successful they've been and now United are going through a bad patch people are frothing at the mouth with petty glee.

How does the fact that due to injuries Sunderland managed marginally more possession change the fact that they only had ONE shot on target all game and never created a single gilt edge chance to score either over 120 minutes?

trololololol United.

Scum

i feel sorry for moyes because he was never meant to be the manager of a top club. his level is everton. seriously.

honestly, ferguson is to blame for this.
Get Van Gaal in to help with rebuilding.

Stop playing Altidore pls

Bad penalty shootouts are so much better than competent ones.

What was De Gea actualy trying to do with that shot? Wrong body position to catch it or push it around the post. If he'd made proper contact, it would have spilled back into the fray.
Oi. Hitch0-5, where did you get your copy of Windows 8 from and for how much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom